Watchout you non-tippers... you might get banned from a restaurant one day..

stop @%@$!#%*@#%$ and tip damnit! people working hard to serve you TIP!

reason i say this is because i used to work at papa johns, as soon as the pizza comes out im out the door QUICK, fastest time i delivered a pizza was 8 minutes after a call, and people leave crappy tips so i know what it feels like. People need to stop being cheap.

If the service is great ill leave nice tip , if not its average and if the service was just bad ill just throw barely anything . Its all up to the server what they get , but I dam sure anit breaking the bank to drop a tip .

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

Smh @ my home girl. 6 people in a large booth, 170 bill. Left her $10. Smmmmmmmh. Poor girl. But then.. To you nt'ers that's a decent type.. And she's just doing her job?smh
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
indifferent.gif
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I can't believe this... cheap $$* people.
[/font]

i always tip at least 15% unlerss the serivice was that bad, and i will tip more if service is good.However i dont believe in 18% autimatically added to your bill  or anything automatically added to your bill for that matter, also i think that its a safety net for the workers saying "you dont have to go above and beyond" what do they cafe if it takes them 10 minutes to refil your drink the 18% is coming either way but if they have to work for it then thats different.And i understand that it sucks when people undertip but hey thats your choice to take that job that relies on tips.

I hate hibachi style restaurants , I dont want to sit next to strangers or have the Cook in my face. The one in my area is so over priced and everything taste like it was seasoned with fruit loops

Props to those that understand great service and reward it.

To my servers or ex ones in the past---

Isn't it damn annoying going out & judging or expecting great service? I notice or pay attention to what they do, ill even ask questions such as what's in the dish, how is it cooked? Ill even go into details on the progressive wine list if they have one.

Smh I'm such a %#%!. Lmao

But again, all my #dmv folks I got you, props to all you bammas .

^DMV huh?
Where you at?............excuse me.......*ahem*...........which fine establishment are you currently employed with Mr. IMPORTKING sir?

To all the cheap people in here.
Waiter/Waitresses get paid $2 an hr. If you want good service, tip!!!
If you don't tip, expect $2 type service. Straight cheap people in here.

When I was a barber, I remembered all those who tipped and who didn't.
Those who didn't tip, I'd leave them waiting and take my clients who tipped good and would hook them up.
So when ya fools wonder why your shapeup is %%%%#$ up, it's because you're cheap.
Same goes for a restaurant.
You get what you pay for.

Datznasty are you a waiter?

Seems like you gettin a lil too salty in here
roll.gif

But I always leave a generous tip.

I understand because my culinary arts teacher is a server.

ok..i understand how much they make and everything, but shouldn't the customer/tipper decide on how much tip they want to give? and why should the tip differ if you have a party of 2 or party of 18 (mandatory of 16% i think?), should your service change by the number of people you serve?

p.s. never been a waiter/server(but work in retail), just my opinion....

I wouldnt mind paying higher prices for waiters to get full minimun wage and no tips.
waiters (in this thread) act like a bunch of babies though

I tip when I order "Carry Out" from restaurants.. Whether it be the bartender who takes my order, hostess, waiter waitress whoever. . Who gives a +@@%, its only money

I think service is more than half the battle when it comes to eating out. If the food is good, but the service poor, it ruins the evening (see Old Homestead in New York). So, I like to think I reward good service. But this new policy is absurd.

But the thing is what really is "good service" vs. "bad service" anyways? The line isn't that clear cut.

I mean, if you get your drink refilled once instead of twice does that affect the tip? Do you look around to see if the restaurant is busy before you decide to blame the server? That's not necessarily the servers fault.

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

question...how much do you waiters/waitresses make a day on average?
nerd.gif
At my restaurant, I'm pretty sure other people at other higher-end restaurants make a lot more than me.

$30-$50 on weekdays.

$60-$100 on weekends.

That's like on 3-4 hour shifts. Used to be more..economy down is hurtin everybody
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Me4u2Night

To all the cheap dumb people in here.
Waiter/Waitresses[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)] Doctors[/color] get paid $2130 an hr. If you want good service more than 2$ an hour wage, tip get an education and consequently a job that requires more than a 2$ an hr education level!!!
If you don't tip, expect $2 type service. Straight cheap people in here. Don't be mad, U.P.S is hiring.

When I was a barber, I remembered all those who tipped and who didn't.
Those who didn't tip, I'd leave them waiting and take my clients who tipped good and would hook them up.
So when ya fools wonder why your shapeup is %%%%#$ up, it's because you're cheap.
Same goes for a restaurant.
You get what you pay for. I sucked at it.
I fixed it for you. The local, family owned Vietnamese and Korean spots don't even hire waitstaff. They have their kids do it who are literally like 6-10 years old sometimes. I'm not even exaggerating. I would be embarassed to go out to eat one day, and realize (if you didn't know already or are in denial) that my job could be done by an adolescent easily and I'm a grown $!# dude trying to argue people need to pay me more.

The thing is, this whole tipping thing has gotten out of hand.  Restaurants are overcharging us for what's most of the time just barely decent food that's premade and frozen and heated there, and then they pay their staff less than minimum wage because now it's expected that we tip 20% of the meal for someone writing down what we want and bringing it to our table.  Where did the percentage thing come from and why are we all a slave to it?  For example, if we go to... Outback and 3 of us get steaks at like $25 each, after drinks and tax that bill is like $100 so the server gets a $20 tip.  Next day we go in and each get chicken sandwiches and tap water and we make the server refill that damn water like 5 times.  The bill only comes out to like $33 so she gets like a $6 tip.  She didn't work any more or less when we bought steaks, and she didn't cook the steaks, so why does she get less money because we got sandwiches the next day?

Restaurants need to start paying at least a little bit above minimum wage and stop this whole mandatory gratuity.  It's gratuity. You can't make somebody pay it.  And we're all so spoiled now that people working in restaurants give !@#$ service and still expect a 20% tip.  I was just in Ireland and they don't tip out there.  Just not something people do.  The service was a million times better because the staff got paid a regular amount of money per hour and they knew that good service and a courteous attitude is just part of the job.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

I wouldnt mind paying higher prices for waiters to get full minimun wage and no tips.
waiters (in this thread) act like a bunch of babies though

I'd never do it. There's no way I'd wait tables for minimum wage at all. Y'all act like it's working in retail or something and servers just wander around aimlessly when they're not busy ignoring you.
grin.gif

Some of ya'll disgust me.

I tip at least 20% every time. I stay home or eat fast food if I don't want to pay the 20%. I'm not going to stiff the waiter/waitress to save a few bucks.

I think the "18% for party of 6 or more" comes from how kids would go out to restaurants and not know, or be too cheap to tip, so they would just pay the total w/o tipping and cut. I know in HS it would bug me to go out and eat for someone's bday because I KNOW people would short the bill, especially when they hadn you 14 bucks for a 13.99 entree.

Back
Top Bottom