"We Require Rappers To Be 'Real' Before They Lie To Us": WHY IT SUCKS TO BE A RAPPER LIKE RICK ROSS

It's amazing how everyone just accepts that "only entertainment" ********.

Do your research. The culture was BORN out of authenticity. Then when these puppet masters got a hold of the culture, they brainwashed everyone into believing a form of music that was POWERFUL and influenced conscious thinking...could also be a bunch of fabricated lies about glorified street tales and to look at is as "entertainment". Before anyone compares music to film...understand that Arnold doesn't pretend to be The Terminator when the cameras go off. 

Too many people are OK, or just don't care about the bigger picture.

Why is it that Hip Hop...OUR culture...is the only music that this is accepted in?

What do you think would happen if LeAnn Rimes started making songs about owing Noriega a hundred favors? 
Repped!

@BradNSU  no one cares about people in the hood. america doesn't care.

I could care less about the rapper's back story. make good songs. end of story.

Last edited:
Rap is the only genre where fans act like "authenticity" has any bearing on the quality of music.

I have never seen Johnny Cash, Freddie Mercury, or Bob Marley being called frauds.

Johny Cash, Freddie Mercury, and Bob Marley weren't mascots for gangs who extorted them in exchange for street cred either

Please stop it. You know FULL AND WELL the difference

Last edited:
Cool.

Let me know when any of that stuff has a direct impact on the QUALITY OF THE MUSIC.

Who ever said it did? 

I don't hear people say" ________ 's music doesn't sound good because they're lying".

Credibility and Quality have nothing to do with each other. Questioning someones credibility on the content of their music isn't necessarily synonymous with liking or disliking the music from a sonic standpoint. Someone can believe Rick Ross is a fraud and still think that his music sounds good. Someone can also believe he's a fraud and think that his music doesn't sound good. Nobody in this particular thread is even discussing the quality of Rick Ross' music so what was the point of the comparison to those artists you mentioned?

I never heard anyone say "Chief Keef's album goes hard because he's an actual gang member"

Who ever said it did? 

I don't hear people say" ________ 's music doesn't sound good because they're lying".

Credibility and Quality have nothing to do with each other. Questioning someones credibility on the content of their music isn't necessarily synonymous with liking or disliking the music from a sonic standpoint. Someone can believe Rick Ross is a fraud and still think that his music sounds good. Someone can also believe he's a fraud and think that his music doesn't sound good. Nobody in this particular thread is even discussing the quality of Rick Ross' music so what was the point of the comparison to those artists you mentioned?

I never heard anyone say "Chief Keef's album goes hard because he's an actual gang member"

this is funny because me and my brother were watching Ross's "Nobody" video and

my brother started shaking his head and was like "man this ***** so ******* fake. how

you just take another man whole persona.......that ***** make some good music though."

:lol: And look at RondoNumbahNine. He just got a murder charge. He catchin bodies...we

all know that. Dude still sucks though.

You talking to me?

If  so I'm not your son and nah I'm not gonna shut up

He may have retooled his image to fit in w/ the new style that was going on but lyrically he never really changed other than he really did have more money than he had on Illmatic

Nas changes images damn near every project according to what's going on, but mostly he sticks to being a great lyricist and story teller

Back
Top Bottom