We Still Believe!!! Team Pilipinas 2009

Baclao and Espiritu can be a good addition or reserve for Smart Gilas too, they can also help train Ballesteros and Slaughter in terms of defense, since theyhave the height already, very promising team indeed, teamwork > individual talents.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

watched it live as well, gulang ng powerade
laugh.gif

Nasolid si JV k Ranidel and Baroca almost had Asi's tatoo transferred to his face after a couple of solid screens
roll.gif

big props to Baroca, he came back strong in the 2nd half

98-69

29pt lead!

no remorse from ranidel after the elbow to jvee's face, tsktsk..

officiating was real bad 1st quarter. halatang makapba mga tawag, pero bumawi naman as the game progressed.

I'm now a radjko believer haha, I haven't seen a national squad play like that, big men with range and has confidence shooting Js at that, bigs alsorunning the breaks in pace with the guards, great ball movement and set plays, great outside shooting by the guards and the highlight plays
pimp.gif

Coach toroman knows his basketball really well. He also developed the bigs beautifully converting them to play like european bigs, ramos and aguilar hittingmid-long range Js.

This team has a very bright future ahead, let's just hope that they don't get injured or anything and I believe we can compete in the next qualifiersbetter. Imagine if they also got Rico and Jervy on board. Imagine a more polished Rico Maierhoffer playing the 3 and Jervy adding some outside game tocomplement his post up game. And good observation about adding baclao and espiritu to the team.

I cannot say anything more about the guards, ababou, barroca, casio, tiu are
pimp.gif

basketball basics, fundamentals + heart , teamwork > individual talent.

Don't wanna say i told you so....

but i told you so.
smile.gif

They were able to beat an Antoine Walker led team in Las Vegas...what more an undermanned team

ramos.jpg

Na - TORO Man

Iba talaga pag may teamwork... Japeth played really well.. haha.. Im sure inis na inis si Yeng..

saw the game live yesterday.. It's really fun to watch the alley oops and the nice rotation of the ball.

1on1 lugi talaga ang smart gilas sa powerade. Pero nadala talaga sa team play. I agree with everyone na it's really time to adapt to international style ofplay and not nba style. We cannot really compete adapting to the nba style. Di makaporma mga 1on1 plays like james yap and kerby dominating the ball. Check nakagad sila. Tiu and Casio still having hard time with the tight defense but im sure they will be able to cope with it in time. I never knew that the gilas isthis good. Kala ko no match na sila sa PBA looking at the players and the talent pero hindi pala. Coaching definetely will give a lot of difference. Yeng needsto change his coaching style together with all the other coaches. I also saw one of the comment here in NT that kids should stop watching nba until they aregrown up. I kinda think it's right LOL.

Powerade team was obviously out of shape & out of sync.
Did you notice Asi drinking Starbucks before the tip off?
Smart Team has vastly improved, I expected them to win over the Powerade team.

Originally Posted by kykoman

Powerade team was obviously out of shape & out of sync.
Did you notice Asi drinking Starbucks before the tip off?
Smart Team has vastly improved, I expected them to win over the Powerade team.
didn't notice it bro.. What i noticed are bunch of pretty celebrities.. lj moreno of course with jimmy a., yayo aguila with her family, i alsosaw some players from UE and ateneo.. LIA CRUZ
pimp.gif
she is really cute inperson.

ang gulang ng mga powerade players, labas kagad siko.. tigas ng katawan ni arboleda at miller.

Burger King Team governor Lito Alvarez has given 2009 top rookie pick Japeth Aguilar until Tuesday to sign the contract offered to him. Alvarez, alsothe Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) chairman, told The Manila Times Sunday the league's board would act on Aguilar's case if the top rookie pick refuses to sign the contract offeredto him.

"I'm hoping after this charity game [for the victims of tropical storm Ondoy on Monday], it is time for Japethto make a final decision if he's with us or not," said Alvarez."Actually, we are not rushing him up but we offered him everything-a maximum three-year contract [worth P8.7million] and a chance to suit up with the Smart Gilas [developmental nationalteam]."

If Aguilar does not sign Burger King's offer by Tuesday, Alvarez said the PBA board of governors would study his case carefully.

"We will study his eligibility if he can suit up to next years draft or we can keep his rights because we're the one that drafted him," said Alvarez. "Ban for life is something very harsh, but we can deny him every year when he tries to apply in the draft."

Alvarez said that PBA commissioner Sonny Barrios would also review theleague's constitution and by-laws to also determine the proper sanction against Aguilar's violation should the top rookie pick refuse to sign by Tuesday.

Alvarez has allowed Aguilar to play for Smart Gilas against the RP Powerade Team on Monday's charity game for thevictims Ondoy.

Speaking on Aguilar's behalf, Ronnie Nathanielsz, said the PBA and Burger Kingcan do whatever they want on Aguilar's case. However, he said the top rookiepick already made a decision to play for the Smart Gilas Team under Serbian Coach Rajko Toroman.

"He is happy with the way Smart Gilas treats him," said Nathanielsz. "Aguilar's father Peter is also pursuing him to play for flag and country."

Asked if what they will do if the PBA imposes a life ban on the 6'10" Aguilar, Nathanielsz said: "Let's see if they would do it before we react. It's up tothe PBA to do any decision."

super enjoy manood kahapon.....haha... ganda ng offense ng smart...i believe everyone has a go signal to shoot from the outside or the perimeter.. lahatthreat...

pag magaling talaga coach kitang kita mo sa laro.......plus an intimidating center..... 5 blocks yata ginawa ni CJ Giles....CJ Giles is the team defenseitself. kung hindi nya man nablangka tira...na takot naman mablangka yung mga kalaban kaya di maishoot yung bola. Kaya kailangan me outside shooters talagapara di abutan ni Giles. Kaso, that's the weakness of Powerade...wala ng shooters, wala pang plays, screens....

Now, can you blame Japeth Aguilar if he wants to play under Toroman and not with BK (under Guiao)? Seeing Smart Gilas play eh talagang mukhang maramingmatututunan si Japeth.....and seeing Powerade play eh baka maging parang si Kerby Raymundo si Japeth under Yeng....

It was my first time seeing Smart gilas play, gotta say they are indeed a better team than powerade team pilipinas. they can say all they want, all theexcuses.

Bottomline is they got their behinds whoop by a bunch of talented youngters. Cj and japeth reminds me of ralph samson and hakeem. Long and talented

lastly japeth got his redemption
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^LOL...

is it true that the game was not in the papers today..
check this out, this was written by charles tiu (chris tiu's brother)

"why on earth is there no news about the RP Smart win over Powerade yday in the papers today? There even is more on the uaap/ncaa-liga game" - BYCHARLES TIU via twitter
http://twitter.com/charlestiu

"I rily hope it's not an intentional news blackout by PBA Presscorp 2 protect Pwrd from wat hapnd
frown.gif
let journalism b true & fair" - TJMANOTOC via twitter - http://twitter.com/tjmanotoc

Originally Posted by wytboy55

^LOL...

is it true that the game was not in the papers today..
check this out, this was written by charles tiu (chris tiu's brother)

"why on earth is there no news about the RP Smart win over Powerade yday in the papers today? There even is more on the uaap/ncaa-liga game" - BY CHARLES TIU via twitter
http://twitter.com/charlestiu

"I rily hope it's not an intentional news blackout by PBA Presscorp 2 protect Pwrd from wat hapnd
frown.gif
let journalism b true & fair" - TJ MANOTOC via twitter - http://twitter.com/tjmanotoc
because that's adding insult to injury
roll.gif

Seriously though I think when the papers went in to printing yesterday, the game is still being played. It happens in publishing.

exhibitions games won't attract attention to the readers.. any stats from exhibition games are not even used to gauge teams performance, not even preseason games.
that's why teams doesn't bother wether who wins or loses in an exhibition or pre season games, non of those stats counts anyway.

i think Chris Tiu's brother is over reacting, what time did the game start? have he not heard of "still playing as ofpress time"

they beat the out of shape Powerade Team not China so pls stop acting like Kanye

^^ yah, actually TJ manotoc replied to TIU's brother via twitter that the game ended at 10pm so it's too late for the game result to be included in thepage of the papers..

Back
Top Bottom