We Still Believe!!! Team Pilipinas 2009

grin.gif

So guys, Coach Yeng said that Japeth would suit up.. what happened?

Japeth Aguilar will suit� for Team Pilipinas in Jones Cup. Then the coaching staff will evaluate him from there. I think it's just a formality and to beable to jell with the system. He's a shoo-in for me after Kelly Williams was dropped from the team due to some illness. Japeth is still undecided whetherto join the draft because if he does, he won't be able to suit up for Smart-Gilas anymore. Perhaps he's listening to his other teammates from Serbiathat Toroman is really a great coach and having international stints would give him a shot to show his stuff to international scouts.

Anyway...here's The Greatest Show in Asia...Team Pilipinas

^out of stock na yata, sana they restock.. i regret passing on those
indifferent.gif

gold laces on white outs.. mukhang itlog imo lol
roll.gif

Tough assignment for Team Pilipinas. I see a close contest with arch-rival South Korea but never take for granted Japan. I think Yuta Tabuse will suit up forJapan. But I see redemption for Team Pilipinas so let see .
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

^out of stock na yata, sana they restock.. i regret passing on those
indifferent.gif

gold laces on white outs.. mukhang itlog imo lol
roll.gif
Sang store dude?

I hope itetelevise nila tong mga games nila!!!!

i remember seeing them in nike park sm southmall a while back, both blue and whites
i think they were 2k or less each for the jerseys and shorts
plain nga lang, no numbers.. only the pilipinas in front and the logo

Originally Posted by soul228

Just In!!! Results of the Draw for the 2009 FIBA-Asia Men's Championships in China
much better draw for us this year.SK and Japan might be tough but their best players are predominantly guards w/c we can match up against.its hardwhen we have to play against the sasquatches from Iran and China right off the bat.we got a realistic shot at making it at least to the semis.

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

Just In!!! Results of the Draw for the 2009 FIBA-Asia Men's Championships in China
much better draw for us this year.SK and Japan might be tough but their best players are predominantly guards w/c we can match up against.its hard when we have to play against the sasquatches from Iran and China right off the bat.we got a realistic shot at making it at least to the semis.
Right on Tony but FIBA-Asia introduced a new format.

Groupings for the Preliminary Round

Group A: Japan, Korea, Philippines, Sri Lanka.
Group B: Chinese Taipei, Iran, Kuwait, Uzbekistan.
Group C: China, India, Kazakhstan, Qatar.
Group D: Indonesia, Jordan, Lebanon, UAE.
The top three teams from each group will advance to the second round of the championship.

Eighth Final Round

Group E: A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3
Group F: C1, C2, C3, D1, D2, D3

Each team will play the three (3) new teams in its own group (the final scores of all games played in the Preliminary Round are valid for this round).

The top four from each group will advance to the knockout quarterfinal stage.

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

Tough assignment for Team Pilipinas. I see a close contest with arch-rival South Korea but never take for granted Japan. I think Yuta Tabuse will suit up for Japan. But I see redemption for Team Pilipinas so let see .
smokin.gif

Yuta Tabuse opted out of the National Team weeks before the East Asia Qualifiers in which a depleted Korea Team won the title over them. He was invited by theMavs for the training camp. I hope he had a change of heart and play for his National Team come FIBA-Asia. Taiwan had a wild card berth after Bahrainbacked-out of the tournament. FIBA-Asia really did everything for Taiwan to qualify
laugh.gif

@ JonT

it's August 6-16 in Tianjin, China

Originally Posted by maxtempo96

much better draw for us this year.SK and Japan might be tough but their best players are predominantly guards w/c we can match up against.its hard when we have to play against the sasquatches from Iran and China right off the bat.we got a realistic shot at making it at least to the semis.
Right on Tony but FIBA-Asia introduced a new format.

Groupings for the Preliminary Round

Group A: Japan, Korea, Philippines, Sri Lanka.
Group B: Chinese Taipei, Iran, Kuwait, Uzbekistan.
Group C: China, India, Kazakhstan, Qatar.
Group D: Indonesia, Jordan, Lebanon, UAE.
The top three teams from each group will advance to the second round of the championship.

Eighth Final Round

Group E: A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3
Group F: C1, C2, C3, D1, D2, D3

Each team will play the three (3) new teams in its own group (the final scores of all games played in the Preliminary Round are valid for this round).

The top four from each group will advance to the knockout quarterfinal stage.

aw,naw....doesn't matter man,we'll rip the opposition to shreads!tear them new a-holes!

blind faith: you gotta have it!

After seeing the other teams in Bracket A, I think Team Pilipinas won't have a problem in the first round but they shouldn't underestimate theiropponents...

Back
Top Bottom