We Will Hear a Classic N.Y. Album as Soon as...

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Prodigy isn't even one of best rappers NOW.

he kinda good-alright though.
If "now" is HNIC 2 then I agree, but my point is that he has hopefully been writing in the pen and with the potential he has plus 3years of time to write we just might have a great great album coming to us.

Time will tell.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

hopefully been writing in the pen and with the potential he has plus 3 years of time to write we just might have a great great album coming to us.

Time will tell.
Co-sign...true artist thrive in situations like this...
maybe he'll be inspired by all hes seeing and going through in the belly of the beast and write some real grimey grimey NY !!$ for us.
pimp.gif

They free my man P
pimp.gif

Prodigy+357LONG.jpg

Son probably got material for years
pimp.gif

Absolutely...

I don't know how someone could read the thread title and with a straight face disagree...

Return Of The Mac was VINTAGE gritty NY hip hop... Same can be said for H.N.I.C. 2, and after 5 years in the box, he's gonna have some ofhis best material of his career since the Infamous/Hell On Earth/Murda Muzik days... Cause he had the SLOW drugged up flow as of late, and wasstill able to drop some SOLID material... Now that he aint got that #$!@ cloudin his mind, or a company like Interscope tellin him whatNOT to say...

You can't front on Prodigy to begin with... His track record MORE than speaks for itself, when it comes to CLASSICalbums, GOOD/GREAT albums, SOLID albums, you HAVE to put Prodigy in thatELITE class of MCs... You'd be frontin to say otherwise...

Dude has been murdered by more rapper than anyone.

Prodigy (of Mobb Deep) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Prodigy as a solo artist

So I'd rather just hear Mobb Deep album and skip a $+#$#!%+ solo album

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Prodigy isn't even one of best rappers NOW.

he kinda good-alright though.
If "now" is HNIC 2 then I agree, but my point is that he has hopefully been writing in the pen and with the potential he has plus 3 years of time to write we just might have a great great album coming to us.

Time will tell.

Agreed.

my favorite ny rapper is prodigy , i like prodigy so much when my g's ask me who is tight from ny i tell them maino, i gotta keep P music to myself

NT'ers hype Prodigy up like crazy. And most of those NT'ers, if not all, are from NY
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

P is crazy overrated on here. Dude is no longer a factor in NYC.

How so??

The Infamous??

Hell On Earth??

Murda Muzik??

HNIC??

Infamy??

Return Of The Mac??

HNIC 2??

Those aren't exceptional peices of work??
grin.gif

The man's track record speaks for itself, no one was buying those albums cause Havoc was bodying verses leftt and right... How many MCs have an"Apostle's Warning", "Hell On Earth", "Shook Ones", "GOD Father Part 3", Queit Storm", "Where Ya HeartAt" etc... He DESERVES to be put in that elite class of MCs, because his track record clearly shows that... He's just become popularto hate on cause Ns act BRAND new when they see people givin him props... Prodigy BEEN one of them dudes...

There's NO hype involved... How many GREAT/GOOD albums does someone have to make before he can get hisrespect... His catalog as a member of Mobb Deep & solo material puts him in the SAME class as a NaS, BIG, Stedman, Big Pun, Pac etc... To say anythingotherwise would mean you're hating... The music doesn't lie, and from top to bottom you'd be hard pressed to name 10 legitimate rappers that's##!$%* with P, and even if they're more talented, they're catalog is pale in comparison to his...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

How so??

The Infamous??

Hell On Earth??

Murda Muzik??

HNIC??

Infamy??

Return Of The Mac??

HNIC 2??

grin.gif

The man's track record speaks for itself, no one was buying those albums cause Havoc was bodying verses leftt and right... How many MCs have an "Apostle's Warning", "Hell On Earth", "Shook Ones", "GOD Father Part 3", Queit Storm", "Where Ya Heart At" etc... He DESERVES to be put in that elite class of MCs, because his track record clearly shows that... He's just become popular to hate on cause Ns act BRAND new when they see people givin him props... Prodigy BEEN one of them dudes...

There's NO hype involved... How many GREAT/GOOD albums does someone have to make before he can get his respect... His catalog as a member of Mobb Deep & solo material puts him in the SAME class as a NaS, BIG, Stedman, Big Pun, Pac etc... To say anything otherwise would mean you're hating... The music doesn't lie, and from top to bottom you'd be hard pressed to name 10 legitimate rappers that's ##!$%* with P, and even if they're more talented, they're catalog is pale in comparison to his...
All the good albums you mentioned were from the 90s. He's not a factor anymore.

And the way yall talk about him. I see it as just plain overrating a dudes ability on the mic lyrically and musically. Yall talk about him like he hasany solo classics more than one classic period. He has good albums but yall pushing it. His music isn'tas good as NaS, Pac, Pun, Ol Man Knowles, etc. I can't even take anyone seriously calling me a hater for that cuz there's literally no emotion or gripeI have with dude other than me not being that impressed.

Yo if you can't find 10 rappers better than Prodigy with a better catalog you must have an extremely limited library.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

How so??

The Infamous??

Hell On Earth??

Murda Muzik??

HNIC??

Infamy??

Return Of The Mac??

HNIC 2??

grin.gif

The man's track record speaks for itself, no one was buying those albums cause Havoc was bodying verses leftt and right... How many MCs have an "Apostle's Warning", "Hell On Earth", "Shook Ones", "GOD Father Part 3", Queit Storm", "Where Ya Heart At" etc... He DESERVES to be put in that elite class of MCs, because his track record clearly shows that... He's just become popular to hate on cause Ns act BRAND new when they see people givin him props... Prodigy BEEN one of them dudes...

There's NO hype involved... How many GREAT/GOOD albums does someone have to make before he can get his respect... His catalog as a member of Mobb Deep & solo material puts him in the SAME class as a NaS, BIG, Stedman, Big Pun, Pac etc... To say anything otherwise would mean you're hating... The music doesn't lie, and from top to bottom you'd be hard pressed to name 10 legitimate rappers that's ##!$%* with P, and even if they're more talented, they're catalog is pale in comparison to his...
All the good albums you mentioned were from the 90s. He's not a factor anymore.

And the way yall talk about him. I see it as just plain overrating a dudes ability on the mic lyrically and musically. Yall talk about him like he hasany solo classics more than one classic period. He has good albums but yall pushing it. His music isn'tas good as NaS, Pac, Pun, Ol Man Knowles, etc. I can't even take anyone seriously calling me a hater for that cuz there's literally no emotion or gripeI have with dude other than me not being that impressed.

Yo if you can't find 10 rappers better than Prodigy with a better catalog you must have an extremely limited library.
Of all the people you names NaS is the ONLY one with an album better than The Infamous...

Furthermore...
HNIC (2000)
Infamy (2001)
Return Of The Mac (2007)
HNIC 2 (2008)
Product Of The 80s (2008)

Thats not even counting the high notes on Amerikaz Nightmare & Blood Money... Tho overall the album's are pretty average, they are better than @%%! like NaStradamus, KC, etc... So whats with the lack of respect?? Prodigy has NEVER made no @%%! as WACK as Nastradamus or KC, ANYthing with his name or Mobb Deep has been ATLEAST 3.5/5 or better... That goes for his ENTIRE catalog...

Prodigy made better music than Big Pun... Point blank, Pun had ONE album that mattered, the other joint was TRASH...

The FIRST 3 Mobb Albums (not including Juvinile Hell) >>> FIRST 3 Stedman albums

The FIRST 3 Mobb Albums (not including Juvinile Hell) >>> FIRST 3 NaS albums

The FIRST 3 Mobb Albums (not including Juvinile Hell) >>> FIRST 3 Pac albums

The FIRST 3 Mobb Albums (not including Juvinile Hell) >>> FIRST 3 Ghostface albums

And NONE of those are even close IMO... So how can he be overrated?? His catalog is better than a cat like Ghost who others HONESTLY consider a top 10, 15 or even 20 MC...

10 rappers better with a STRONGER catalog?? I'd like to see... There may be 10 guys YOU like MORE than Prodigy, but THAT doesn't make them better... There may be 10 guys with more talent and a better skill set that Prodigy, no doubt... But when you look @ the ENTIRE body of work, you'd be hard pressed to find 10 guys BETTER than him that also have a STRONGER catalog...

Harlem On The Rise wrote:

How many MCs have an "Apostle's Warning", "Hell On Earth", "Shook Ones", "GOD Father Part 3", Queit Storm", "Where Ya Heart At" etc...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

lol now mobb deep has a better discography than Jay?
laugh.gif
ive heard it all

Where'd you see that @??

I mean Infamous, Hell On Earth, Murda Muzik, & HNIC are AS good as ANYthing In Stedman & NaS catalog (Ghostface too)... And Mobb Deep doesn't have as many suspect albums as those 2 either...
Vol 3
eyes.gif

Dynasty
eyes.gif

Kingdome Come
eyes.gif

Blueprint 2
ohwell.gif

Nastradamus
eyes.gif

It Was Written
eyes.gif

Disc 2 of Streets Disciple
eyes.gif

Bulletproof Wallets
eyes.gif

The Pretty Toney Album
eyes.gif

More Fish
eyes.gif

That new joint he made
ohwell.gif

The WORST Mobb Deep album is as good as @$!$ like Vol 1 & 2, or HHID & I Am...

I personally don't see why a case could not be made... Mobb Deep's catalog speaks for itself, as do the catalogs of Stedman, NaS & Ghost...

If you a Mobb Deep fan then alright thats cool but c'mon son saying that their first three albums are > anybody elses first 3 albums is madness let alone comparing them to guys who are often considered to be the greatest rappers of all time..

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

If you a Mobb Deep fan then alright thats cool but c'mon son saying that their first three albums are > anybody elses first 3 albums is madness let alone comparing them to guys who are often considered to be the greatest rappers of all time..

So its about popular opinion?? Just because a bunch of people who may or may not know about hip hop consider someone one of the greatest doesn't remove any reasonable doubt...

ANYone (with half a brain) that listened to hip hop could NEVER front on the first 3 Mobb joints...

That's the thing tho Nay the music they make that you're saying is as good or better than dudes mentioned is NOT better. I like how you say I might like 10 rapper's music more than theirs like what YOU'RE saying isn't just YOUR opinion. You aint stating facts fam. Just cuz YOU have Mobb/P up there with the greats doesn't mean they are...

I'm not gonna put much more in to this cuz to me Prodigy isn't worth it. His catalog doesn't warrant this type of discussion.

I see this argument no different than when NTers try to argue Andre 3000 being GOAT.

"beats carried your !%% most of your career"

I think P is immensely talented but there is some form of truth behind that statement. Without Havoc, P's career is half of what it is

Back
Top Bottom