Weekly NT Comic Book Thread For July 15, 2009 (Issue #1)

The Black Hand is officialy in my book the most disgusting villian I have ever seen. THE DUDE LICKS CORPSE'S

CIDMAN911 you must have a huge comic collection

The Black Hand is officialy in my book the most disgusting villian I have ever seen. THE DUDE LICKS CORPSE'S

Not like I used to. Usually every 2 or 3 years I give away my excess stuff or sell it. I've had whole collections of stuff I sell to guys atmy comic shop. I don't have alot of room like that to store everything. I wish I did though. I'd say I got about a 1,000 comics. That's not badconsidering I been buying on my own since I was 7 years old.

You think he's gross...Check out Chew from Image Comics. So far 2 issues in...
He's a detective who eats dead corpses and stuff to get information about what happened and the government just figured out his secret.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

chew1secondPRINTNEW.jpg
chew2.jpg

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Not like I used to. Usually every 2 or 3 years I give away my excess stuff or sell it. I've had whole collections of stuff I sell to guys at my comic shop. I don't have alot of room like that to store everything. I wish I did though. I'd say I got about a 1,000 comics. That's not bad considering I been buying on my own since I was 7 years old.

You think he's gross...Check out Chew from Image Comics. So far 2 issues in...
He's a detective who eats dead corpses and stuff to get information about what happened and the government just figured out his secret.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

chew1secondPRINTNEW.jpg
chew2.jpg

Hmmm I'll look it up. I know nothing of comics outside of Marvel/DC and the only comics I own are Empowered(funny) and A chance of alifetime(a master piece)

just copped GL Rebirth...on my way to getting caught up until Blackest Night

that maximum carnage set is
eek.gif
...break out some foil X-Men covers andcomplete card sets and we're on the way to my childhood

i wish i knew a place in LA that sold comic books. tried going to B&N but their selection is incredibly limited.

so the first issue of Blackest Night lived up to the hype?

will probably go purchase it tomorrow.

CID do you buy all these comics?

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

This is how I feel about what I bought

I loved it all but that Capt 601 was WACK its juts him and bucky walking around town and killing 3 vampires

Agree except for Cap, since I didn't get it
laugh.gif

It did live up...I read it twice so far.
pimp.gif

And yes. I buy all my comic books.

The people that put all that work into them are amazing...Literally, my heroes. I mean THEY ARE the ones with the brains of what guys like Batman say, think,and look like. Its these people like you and me that shaped and molded these superheroes to the modern day equivalent of mythological-like gods of today. In myopinion, no other form of current entertainment can touch what these guys do...Not tv, not movies, or cartoons. (I mean, all everybody does is bite comicsnowadays...GI Joe accelerator suit? = IronMan armor rip off ). People can hate on comics for employing stuff like a dead hero coming back to life or being waytoo over the top...but comics are the reason why that kind of stuff got famous in the first place. For all that crazy over the top $#*% (Look at how wrestlersof the 70' & 80's used to talk...clearly borrowed from the dialogue of eccentric comic book villians like Dr. Doom) You gotta give it up tothem...not alot of people do.

I hope to be a future artist/writer one day.

--I got the pencils only (no colors/inks) variant of Captain America # 601. Beautiful raw artwork.
--Recommended pick up of the week: SCALPED # 30 from DC:Vertigo. Book is hot. And this issue is a good jumping on point.
--Amazing Spider-Man # 599 (American Son Conclusion) was the first book I read....

If you're reading Blackest Night....you HAVE to get Green Lantern #43. You have to.

I just wish Black Hand's costume didn't resemble some sort of dollar store bootleg Batman toy...but the idea of him making his costume out of body bagsmaterial was excellent. LOL

If you're reading Blackest Night....you HAVE to get Green Lantern #43. You have to.

I just wish Black Hand's costume didn't resemble some sort of dollar store bootleg Batman toy...but the idea of him making his costume out of body bags material was excellent. LOL

Haha dollar store costume comment had me
roll.gif
I'll pick up #43 since you said so and from your comments you seem very knowledgeable so I'll followyour lead on this one

Originally Posted by VIXIV

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

This is how I feel about what I bought

I loved it all but that Capt 601 was WACK its juts him and bucky walking around town and killing 3 vampires

Agree except for Cap, since I didn't get it
laugh.gif

Got all except Blackest night
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It did live up...I read it twice so far.
pimp.gif

And yes. I buy all my comic books.

The people that put all that work into them are amazing...Literally, my heroes. I mean THEY ARE the ones with the brains of what guys like Batman say, think, and look like. Its these people like you and me that shaped and molded these superheroes to the modern day equivalent of mythological-like gods of today. In my opinion, no other form of current entertainment can touch what these guys do...Not tv, not movies, or cartoons. (I mean, all everybody does is bite comics nowadays...GI Joe accelerator suit? = IronMan armor rip off ). People can hate on comics for employing stuff like a dead hero coming back to life or being way too over the top...but comics are the reason why that kind of stuff got famous in the first place. For all that crazy over the top $#*% (Look at how wrestlers of the 70' & 80's used to talk...clearly borrowed from the dialogue of eccentric comic book villians like Dr. Doom) You gotta give it up to them...not alot of people do.

I hope to be a future artist/writer one day.

I wish you well with that. And you are definitely right, comics have mostly always been my favourite form of entertainment since i was a kid.Everyone wanted powers when they were younger
laugh.gif

So you are a good drawer?
pimp.gif
the artwork is probably what impresses me themost, these guys are so talented.

^ You mean #43...not #34. (We don't wanna confuse newcomers). We've all been there before.
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Told ya so...Dude is a nutcase for real. And the crazy thing is he was like that before the super powers came into his life!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

With the Joker and Deadpool, they didn't get crazy til after their life changing accidents and stuff.

I can't wait to read more about his childhood in future books.

This is from [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Green Lantern #43[/color]
rvk5ti.jpg

He had an obsession with taxidermy at an early age. Cause his father was a mortician. So anything he would find he would stuff and put it on the walls of hishouse. Marbles was the family dog...guess what he did to Marbles. No...the dog wasn't sick or dying either.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

2hdxu3b.jpg

On the Marvel news front, alot of you guys are gonna love this...
From SplashPage:
[h2]EXCLUSIVE: It's Spidey Vs. Deadpool In Joe Kelly's 'Amazing Spider-Man' One-Shot![/h2]Given all the buzz surrounding mouthy mercenary Deadpool these days, it was only a matter of time before the character crossed paths with one of the most famous members of Marvel's masked chatterboxes, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man -- and that's exactly what's going to happen this November in the pages of "Amazing Spider-Man" #611.
Not only will the issue pair two of the publisher's most banter-friendly characters, but -- you might want to make sure you're sitting down for this one, Deadpool faithful -- the match-up will be scripted by fan-favorite "Deadpool" writer Joe Kelly. Responsible for Deadpool's celebrated, surreal run in the late-1990s, Kelly will script the one-shot issue that pits the mouthy, movie-friendly heroes against one another in what he described as "a big, baroque comic book story that devolves into a 'yo mama' fight."

Kelly is joined by cover artist Skottie Young and interior artist Eric Canete on the tale, and offered Splash Page readers the first peek at the issue's hilarious cover, as well as some thoughts on how the brawl -- and the battle of wits -- will pan out.

"We're just trying to keep the Deadpool machine going," said Kelly of the character's Spider-Man cameo. "But in the end, it's all about who's the bigger wise-#%! in the Marvel Universe."

Kelly told MTV News that a mysterious third party is responsible for bringing the two together in the issue, with the hope that "throwing a canned tornado" at the wall-crawler will keep him busy while more nefarious machinations unfold behind the scenes. And according to Kelly, the meeting of the two characters is less a "team-up" and more a clash of two characters whose similarities are actually their most divisive traits.

"Their jokes styles are so different," explained Kelly. "Deadpool is so absurd and mean at the drop of a hat, but Spidey is so light. ... [Spider-Man] tries to take the high road, but when you spend enough time around Deadpool, you can't help coming down to his level."

As for whether he could ever see the two characters' movie counterparts mixing it up on screen, Kelly said he doubts the capacity for theaters -- and audiences -- to handle the two characters appearing in the same place at the same time. (And given that "Deadpool" is being developed by Fox and the "Spider-Man" franchise is a Sony property, there's probably not much to worry about in that respect.)

"It would be the mother of all buddy movies," he said of a potential Deadpool/Spider-Man meeting on the big screen. "I don't know if the screen is big enough for Deadpool's ego and Spider-Man's size."

Nevertheless, he promised that readers will all get the crossover chaos they can handle in "Amazing Spider-Man" #611.

"With Deadpool, I get to make the plot as wild as possible," said Kelly, "because, well... it's Deadpool."

"Amazing Spider-Man" #611 hits shelves in November featuring a story by Joe Kelly, cover art by Skottie Young and interior art by Eric Canete. Check out an exclusive preview of the cover to the issue below:

071509_asm611x.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the cover is nice..

I purchased Deadpool The merc with a mouth #1 today. It's safe to say I will not be picking up #2
laugh.gif

Good thread, nothing of interest to me this week though (I'm more a Marvel fan)

CHEW is a pretty interesting title. I bought it when it first came out and thought it was o_0 but the 2nd issue made up for it.
Whatsup with Marvel cutting off the Old Man Logan story? I love Jason Aaron but they just cut Mark off like nothing..I heard they're just going to releasea giant-sized issue to finish the story later this year but I'm not sure..

JMS leaving Thor
frown.gif

anyone got trades they wanna get rid of send me a PM im looking for new reading material

not crazy about single issues i prefer reading a whole story in a bigger chunk but could use a Blackest Night #1 if someone wants to throw it in

guys Im a newcoming DC fan - Read the big trades all the way up to Infinite Crisis (well about to - currently reading crisis of conscience, omac project,days of vengeance, etc. all of the infinite crisis buildups)

.....but after Infinite Crisis where do I go? I dun wanna just jump to Final Crisis - What trades/storylines should I look at in between the two events?

Back
Top Bottom