WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - D&W OUT NOW - Doomsday = RDJ back

Mike B was FLAMES. I feel they needed another 5-10 minutes of him, few too many gaps without him. He was a tremendous "villian" so much so, you kinda side with him.

That said, BP was NO slouch. That man is royalty. So much presence.

After Thor 3 comedy hour, this one was PERFECT scaling back the humor, but still having enough to draw a few laughs.

Story was tight, dialogue was solid, score was dynamic, Coogler did his thing.

Serkis was great, as himself. No damn CGI (other than his hand) Loved his time on screen, wish he had a lil more.

Michonne and Nupita we're great, and so was BP's sister.

I'm surprised there were no cameo's to speak of. I figured someone would show (other than Stan or the final credit) I was fine without one, just surprised they didn't have one.

Solid 7/8

Do not fall for the stereotypical cookie cutter depiction of military trained men and how they're so disciplined and calculating.
Some are dumb pickups even if they are the best at a particular thing.Then those that ain't gonna change.
I understand but for the unit he was in (comparing the fictional to real life unit that would've been) There's no way he would've kept that same energy throughout.
I mean I know people usually stay true to who they are in the military, but that level, i doubt it would've been the way he acted... I forgot you haven't seen the movie yet, wait til youw atch it then let me know if you have the same idea.

Movie was only gripe not long enough.

Don’t want to spoil but this keeps Jordan’s performance right behind Heaths
YOU WILDIN!
Danai's was better than his.
Everyone did well in this honestly

Lets set the record straight, Heath did phenomenal in that movie. Stop forgetting about 2 face... to see this man go from good to evil in 2 hours was amazing as well. To see the stress and switch. his acting was on point as well and equal to Heaths imo.

Michael was amazing in this movie but I can't compare his performance to Heath's nor do I think it's necessary to do so.
He definitely needed a little more screen time too.

Just came back from my 2nd viewing. As a first generation American with both my parents being from Ghana, the nuances the Coogler and Marvel captures with African culture....my god. Some are mentioning MBJ’s acting without failing to realize that the portrayal was meant to be an over exaggeration of how Africans view black Americans. I didn’t know how much I needed Lupita in my life until Tuesday evening. This second viewing solidified it. This film is POWERFUL POWERFUL POWERFUL!

Favorite comic book movie for me since the Batman trilogy, absolutely fantastic and lives up to every ounce of hype. I'll contribute more to the convo tomorrow, but that was spectacular

This movie to me!!

full

So now that people are starting to see the film, let me say my 1 gripe
I was sort of expecting Killmonger to be a bit more,.....professional. I loved his story and background, but for a guy who had saw his pops die, went through so much military training, killed so many people, I didn't expect him to be so....hood/homeboyish. like rolling in to be a king and saying. Whasssup.... Loved his message but come on man. someone who has been through that much military training and wanted to help his people shouldn't have been like that.

killmongerk's background/persona cool to me, definitely needed more air time.

didn't like the ending battle tbh.. hated how they made it underground vs everyone else fighting up top.. the battle scene wouldve been way more epic. the war uptop was more entertaining than bp vs killmonger.

the ending with killmonger wanting to see the sunset was kinda weak, imo he should've done that right after his king ceremony.

Whenever Lupita walked, I was droolin

Killmonger is probably the best villain of the mcu. He definitely had the best origin. It was so sad.

Liked how the movie went full circle. It ended and began in the same place.

Everything about the movie was great.

BP definitely up there near the top of the mcu movies. I wouldn't put it at the top though. Maybe it's number 2 for me.

Bros they were so smart to put BP before IW. It's definitely going to feed the hype for IW.

Not living in the moment, but as close to perfection you can get is the best way to describe this film

The movie impressed in all aspects. Acting. Story. Visuals. Score. Themes

Especially the themes.

Too many truths told in this film. Marvel took it to another level with this. Too many standouts. Specifically MBJ and Danai Gurira. This is definitely a 3 time theatre watch for me for sure. Y'all need to cut it out with mentioning Heath because doing so is doing a disservice to all great villain portrayals after him. MBJ's was beyond fantastic. A villain with a purpose. Menacing.

Also show some respects to Mbaku. The actor and his role in the film was fantastic.

Respects to Marvel for giving Coogler complete control. Definitely my favorite MCU and CBM film.

Could I get away with bringing a 6-year old to BP? I can wait to go without her if I have to, but I don’t want to. :lol:
Why wouldn't you bring her? That sounds old enough for sure.

Lol there was a couple next to us who had a baby with them smh. Good thing it was mostly quiet.

One thing though..

Technically what TChalla did was illegal? Killmonger won fair and square in ritual combat. Tchalla would've died if it were not for outside interference.

Why wouldn't you bring her? That sounds old enough for sure.

Lol there was a couple next to us who had a baby with them smh. Good thing it was mostly quiet.

I guess I should’ve been more specific. :lol:

She’s 6 so peril/bad guys/etc. sometimes scare her. She handled The Last Jedi well, so I guess I’m wondering if it’s as kid-friendly as a movie like that. Seems like it from the previews, but I guess you never know.

Ohh guys. This movie was so good in Dolby.

When I watched Ragnarok in Dolby I wasn't impressed but for this one it just looked really good.

*edit

Also got to say the score was truly dope.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom