WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - Deadpool & Wolverine = 07/26/24

Kinda hard to get used to the smoothness of his costume as opposed to the textured appearance of the older costumes.

View media item 2384284
Not only is it Cap > Iron Man, but not even a contest that the DC hero that is Batman > Tony Stank

I mean, do we really want to do this? Is this really how you wanted your day to go? You want to compare any of these characters pound for pound? Does anyone really need this stress in his life? Well, ok then, if that's what you really want.

See, the problem with this is that you (And by you I mean whoever created this) go out of your way to lists all of Bruce Wayne's credentials when, within the quote itself, all of Tony Stark's credentials aren't listed. Firstly, i'm not sure how this proves that Captain America>Iron Man. In what? Based on the response written for Batman, i'm assuming that the creator was speaking in terms of general skills and since he mentioned degrees for Bruce Wayne i'm assuming accomplishments/credentials are included as well. In which case, Batman, Iron Man, Black Panther>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Captain America. Honestly, Captain America shouldn't even be here. That's part of why the original conversation was so damn funny. Tony Stark has accomplished more accomplishments to his name than Cap ever will:

Tony Stark
Mechanical Engineer
Inventor
Businessman
Futurist
Pilot
Tactician
Multitasker (Only mention this because Reed Richards personally stated that Tony Stark was the world's greatest multitasker)
Trained in hand to hand combat by Captain America, Black Panther, Shang-Chi, and Black Widow (Which isn't to say he's equal to any of these people)
Marksman
Fluent in English, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, French, Russian, with at least some understanding of and ability to speak Urdu
Former CEO of Stark Industries/Stark International
Former CEO of Stark Enterprises (Which he created himself)
Former CEO of Stark Solutions (Which he created himself)
Former United States Secretary of Defense
Former Director of SHIELD
CEO of Stark Industries
Graduated from MIT, with multiple PhD's in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering

*I'm sure i'm missing a few things, just as that picture misses some things for Bruce Wayne, but the only thing Bruce really has over Tony is his greater focus on hand to hand combat.

Last edited:
Where is Bruce if he isn't a Wayne?

Yes, tony had some advantages because he's a stark.. but dude graduated MIT as a teenager if I remember correctly, top of his class

Hell, where is cap without Howard stark?

Also what is that version of Bruce without Lucius fox

Take away money from both Bruce and Stark and you still get two broke geniuses.

It's just that one genius could wash the other like an LG spin cycle

Hella interested in where this debate goes since Jays decided to get invovled. Someone go to the Marvel Wiki and copy/paste IM's non-suit abilities

Indomitable Will: Although he has no superhuman powers, Batman's unstoppable determination and strength of will make him an extremely formidable opponent. This makes him able to function while tolerating massive amounts of physical pain, and also allows him to resist telepathy or mind control. His willpower is strong enough to operate a Green Lantern Ring when necessary.[292]

Intimidation: It is widely known that Batman has the ability to instill fear in others, to the extent that even the people that know him best are intimidated by him, Batman regularly forcing common criminals to flee in terror despite there being no evidence that he would actually kill anyone. Even those who aren't afraid of the likes of Superman fear Batman. His ability to inspire great fear made him eligible for induction into the Sinestro Corps, although he was able to fight off the power ring's control.[293]

Interrogation: Batman is adept in interrogation techniques, often using law enforcement methods as well as torture. Several methods seen include hanging a person over the edge of a building by one leg or chaining a person upside down and beating them. He usually just plain uses his frightening appearance to get answers. "Fear is an excellent motivator" he once said.

Peak Human Condition: Through intense training, specialized diet, and biofeedback treatments, Batman represents the pinnacle of human physical prowess. His physical attributes exceeded that of any Olympic level athlete that has ever completed. Strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes and coordination are at peak human perfection. Batman began his physical and mental conditioning when he was 11 and then intense physical training and weight lifting at age 12. He has mastered full body control by the time he was 18. Bruce Wayne, since the age of 15, has created a strict diet to enable his body to develop and operate at its most proficient, along with biofeedback treatments (using portable/non portable machines to stimulate muscles to contraction). Batman has performed amazing physical feats due to his superior physique. He engaged in an intensive regular regimen of rigorous exercise (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peak condition, and has often defeated opponents whose size, strength, or other powers greatly exceeded his own. He has spent his entire life in pursuit of physical perfection and has attained it through constant intensive training and determination.

Peak Human Strength: Batman regularly bench-presses at least 1000 lbs. during his exercise routine.[294] This means he's capable of amazing feats such as punching a SWAT officer through a brick wall.[9]

Peak Human Reflexes: Bruce's reflexes were honed to such a degree that he has caught one of Green Arrow's arrows in mid flight when he tried to shoot him. He has also been able to dodge point blank gunfire.

Peak Human Speed: He could run at speeds comparable to the finest competing athletes.

Peak Human Endurance: His endurance was comparable to that of the finest Olympic Decathlon participant. His lung capacity was so great that he could hold his breath underwater for 3 minutes and 15 seconds.[295] He can survive in the airless vacuum of space for exactly 27 seconds.[296]

Peak Human Agility: His agility was greater than that of a Chinese acrobat and an Olympic gold medalist gymnast. His main phase of movement was Parkour which he learned in France and used that to scale the cities rooftops in an acrobatic manner.

Acrobatics: He is proficient in gymnastics and acrobatics.
Martial Arts: Bruce is well trained in multiple martial arts, he is known as the man who has mastered many forms of martial arts. His primary form of combat is an idiosyncratic admixture of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Muay Thai, Dragon Style Kung Fu, Boxing, Jujitsu, Ninjitsu and Capoeira.

Weaponry: Through his martial arts training, he has become an expert on all melee weapons. Wayne has displayed exceptional sword fighting capability and proficiency with knives, sticks[297] and various other weapons. He practices during his combat sessions to keep his skills intact, but he prefers unarmed combat.

Stealth: His Ninjutsu training has made him a master at stealth and capable of breaching high security facilities without being detected.

Marksmanship: Wayne is an expert marksman. He is skilled with throwing projectile weapons, archery and firearms. He has been practicing such skills since the early days of his training and is almost on par with the Green Arrow in terms of accuracy.

Genius Level Intellect: Batman is a brilliant, virtually peerless, detective, strategist, scientist, tactician, and commander; he is widely regarded as one of the keenest analytical minds on the planet. Given his lack of superpowers, he often uses cunning and planning to outwit his foes, rather than simply "out-fighting" them.

Polymath: He has studied Biology, Technology, Mathematics, Physics, Mythology, Geography and History. Gained degrees in Criminal Science, Forensic Sciences, Computer Sciences, Chemistry and Engineering by the time he was 21. He has mastered Diverse Environmental Training, Security Systems, and illusion/sleight of hand by the time he was 23. He gained even more degrees in Biology, Physics, Advanced Chemistry, and Technology by the time he was 25. He had learned Forensic Sciences, Medical Sciences, Expanded Computer and Engineering Sciences, and Expanded Device Pool use of personal powered armor and system, database creation on underworld crime bosses, rogue's gallery foes and other supervillains; improved material sciences for body armor and micro-machinery by the time he was 26. Has also learned Advanced New Development in Forensic and Medical Sciences.

Eidetic Memory: Batman has total recall and can remember anything in great detail.

Investigation: He is widely considered as the World's Greatest Detective, capable of observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber. Human intuition is an unlearnable trait and one of Batman's most effective tools. Given any mystery, he can arrive at the correct conclusions with a fraction of the data.

Multilingualism: He is able to speak Spanish, French, Latin, German, Japanese, English, Russian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Greek, Portuguese, Arabic, Sanskrit, Hindi, Thai, Farsi[66] and possibly more.

Tactical Analysis: He commonly utilizes cunning tactics to outwit his foes, relying on his plans and experience to outmanoeuvre many of his superhuman friends and adversaries. He is an excellent leader and at times commands the Justice League and the Outsiders, Batman is known as one of the greatest strategists and tacticians in the DC universe, and once even Aquaman stated the same.

Leadership: He is known for having great leadership. He is leader of the Outsiders, the Bat Family and Batman Incorporated. Also he is in charge of his whole company.

Escapology: He has been described as second only to Mister Miracle as an escape artist. He has been seen escaping from a Posey straitjacket in less than 52 seconds, and remarked afterwards that the time was way too slow for him.

Driving: Bruce is proficient at driving many vehicles like cars, motor bikes, trucks and he is also skillful at driving jets, helicopters and auto boats and small ships.

Tracking: Trained in hunting techniques by African Bushmen (the Ghost Tribes of the Ten-eyed Brotherhood, among others).

Disguise: Has mastered the art of disguise by the time he was 23. Has further learned expanded disguise techniques by the time he was 26, through various instructions from Alfred. Batman has many aliases he uses to infiltrate the underworld or just to go undercover in public situations. His current aliases are: Matches Malone, Thomas Quigley, Ragman, Detective Hawke, Sir Hemingford Grey, Frank Dixon, Gordon Selkirk, and Mr. Fledermaus.

Mechanical Aptitude: Proficient at combat driving. Has learned improved vehicle designs. Was trained and proficient in basic vehicles operations.

Business Management: Bruce Wayne has extensive skills and experience in business management, has thorough understanding of financial marketing and management and is often known as a example of successful industrialist and businessman on par to Lex Luthor.

Last edited:
wall of text....

uGYQOnicaB-abandon-thread.gif

Its almost a year people really trying to ride for Captain make america great again?

He's a gump plain and simple

View media item 2384284
Not only is it Cap > Iron Man, but not even a contest that the DC hero that is Batman > Tony Stank

I mean, do we really want to do this? Is this really how you wanted your day to go? You want to compare any of these characters pound for pound? Does anyone really need this stress in his life? Well, ok then, if that's what you really want.

See, the problem with this is that you (And by you I mean whoever created this) go out of your way to lists all of Bruce Wayne's credentials when, within the quote itself, all of Tony Stark's credentials aren't listed. Firstly, i'm not sure how this proves that Captain America>Iron Man. In what? Based on the response written for Batman, i'm assuming that the creator was speaking in terms of general skills and since he mentioned degrees for Bruce Wayne i'm assuming accomplishments/credentials are included as well. In which case, Batman, Iron Man, Black Panther>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Captain America. Honestly, Captain America shouldn't even be here. That's part of why the original conversation was so damn funny. Tony Stark has accomplished more accomplishments to his name than Cap ever will:

Tony Stark
Mechanical Engineer
Inventor
Businessman
Futurist
Pilot
Tactician
Multitasker (Only mention this because Reed Richards personally stated that Tony Stark was the world's greatest multitasker)
Trained in hand to hand combat by Captain America, Black Panther, Shang-Chi, and Black Widow (Which isn't to say he's equal to any of these people)
Marksman
Fluent in English, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, French, Russian, with at least some understanding of and ability to speak Urdu
CEO of Stark Industries
Graduated from MIT, with multiple PhD's in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering

*I'm sure i'm missing a few things, just as that picture misses some things for Bruce Wayne, but the only thing Bruce really has over Tony is his greater focus on hand to hand combat.

You also forgot to include heartless womanizer, alcoholic, traitor to his friends and teenage kidnapper to the list.

*edit

Oh and General Ross's *****

Last edited:
View media item 2384284

Tony Stark
Mechanical Engineer
Inventor
Businessman
Futurist
Pilot
Tactician
Marksman
CEO of Stark Industries

You also forgot to include heartless womanizer, alcoholic, traitor to his friends and teenage kidnapper to the list.

*edit

Oh and General Ross's *****

See, now it just sounds like we're listing general character traits, in which case it makes the list of things not listed for Batman even longer. Not that it really matters, but Tony Stark's womanizing has been gradually toned down over the years. He's been a recovering alcoholic (Meaning that he's officially "on the wagon", as in no longer drinking) for decades now. Calling him an alcoholic is actually something that i'd personally be insulted by if I myself had issues with alcohol, since Tony Stark is one of the greatest fictional examples of the damage that alcohol can have on your life and of picking yourself back up afterwards and fighting every single day to avoid falling to that low point again. One of the best moments in an otherwise crappy event, Fear Itself, actually featured him taking a drink in order to sacrifice his sobriety as an offering to Odin, in order to gain what the heroes needed to stop Odin's brother from taking over the world. Traitor can honestly be thrown all around the board of the Marvel U depending on how you look at it. Only situations I can think of that would qualify are Civil War, in which his friends were fighting agains the American Government and Axis, during which Tony Stark's personality (Along with the personalities of various other heroes, such as Luke Cage) was inverted, making him the opposite of who he typically is. I don't remember Tony ever kidnapping a teenager.

Always amusing to see you bend over backwards to try to make Iron Man look bad though.

Last edited:
To be fair , based off the character designs this looks like it's from the the 70/80's. A lot has changed since then. And there is no way that Iron Man should be included with the likes of Thor and Hulk. And there is no way he is ranked higher than Blackbolt, Vision, Namor, Black Panther, and Ghost Rider

Last edited:
To be fair , based off the character designs this looks like it's from the the 70/80's. A lot has changed since then. And there is no way that Iron Man should be included with the likes of Thor and Hulk. And there is no way he is ranked higher than Blackbolt, Vision, Namor, Black Panther, and Ghost Rider

Well, based off of Silver Surfer's statement alone, the picture is speaking of physical strength. I can't speak for everyone, but Black Panther's physical strength is nowhere near what Iron Man's armor grants him. There's just no way. I barely know anything about Ghost Rider, but i'm automatically tempted to argue the same for him as well. I've just never seen his name come up as some heavy hitter due to his physical strength. Pretty sure Iron Man's strength level is in the 100 ton area and I think Black Bolt is around 70-80. Iron man is physically stronger than Vision, unless the latter's new solo series changed something. Namor's the only one i'm really unsure about here.

How I figure the current MCU power rankings should go right now (I assume capt marvel goes in the top group):

Hulk, Thor, vision, Wanda, ironman and dr strange

Spiderman, ant man and groot

Cap, WS, black panther, drax and war machine

Rest of the guardians

Hawkeye and black widow

Last edited:
uh oh... did not know Sony hired the guy who didn't want to up the budget on the XFilms at Fox...

Pepper Potts is Back but Opens Up the Demise of the Marvel/Sony Relationship?

Which brings us to the uneasy alliance of Marvel and Sony. Creatively, I’ve not heard a peep, and given the strength of the character and story elements we’re seeing, I’m not worried about Homecoming being a mess. But on the production side, there have been some hiccups. Marvel has a reputation for being cheap because they don’t pay actors private island money—not even RDJ, who takes on ill-advised franchise reboots to make that kind of cash—but never mistake that for cheapness across the board. Where it matters, Marvel SPENDS. They are willing to pay to make their sh*t look good, and they make the kind of bank that allows for some spendiness when it comes to marketing.

Speaking of spending, remember last year, and Gwyneth Paltrow’s will-she-or-won’t-she role in Captain America: Civil War? At the time, I was the one who said she wasn’t in it, which was undoubtedly for reasons due to story bloat, but also at least in part because her Marvel contract is up and they’d have to pay through the nose to get her back, even for a cameo. Well, Marvel isn’t the footing the bill for Homecoming, so guess who’s back? That’s right, Pepperony lives as Pepper Potts returns to the MCU, and don’t think Sony hasn’t noticed they’re the ones on the hook for Goop’s day rate.

And that has been a problem for Sony, who has been a bit snippy about the cash flow on Homecoming. There’s been some sticker-shock about the price tag on a Marvel movie—remember that Tom Rothman, who hates superheroes and has previously short-changed the X-Men movies at Fox, is in charge at Sony—and with Sony announcing plans for a Spider-Man universe separate from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I do wonder if this marriage might already be over.

Back
Top Bottom