WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

The dance was always silly, but it was also a silly and not your typical superhero movie like that.

I still love the movie, the single moment doesn't ruin anything for me.

Dude spent the whole movie trying to get people to call him "starlord"..

The movie starts off with him dancing.. Then you have a ton of lighthearted shhhh going on the whole film

I completely agree it was "silly" but it wasn't out of left field for the character and the movie

I look at it like this scene:

Last edited:
The dance was cringey but it matched the tone. Just get a useful, clever villain. Because it's so farsacapey, something like Scorpius would've worked.

I started farscape a year ago. It's not bad but i've only watched a few episodes so far.

I will say that the only thing that stops me from giving GotG a 10/10 is that it fell short with the action

Yea it was a silly movie so beating the villain in a silly way isn't completely out of of left field

However, what I do like about Marvel is that they know when to get serious. The end of the movie could've been more serious, with better action, for me. From the time Rocket the Raccoon and the other ships made that barrier all the way to the end.

That's kinda just James Gunn style.

Everybody should watch Super to see his take on a more serious, slightly more gritty action vigilante movie and it was still funny as **** with plenty of silly moments. Sort of like Defendor.

Guardians didn't need to have Gunn's corny humor stamped all over the film. Especially in the climax of the third act. I'll never get over the disappointment I had watching that whole ending scene for the first time in theaters.

You guys just complaining for the sake of complaining. The ending fit the entire story told throughout the movie. Starlord was a clown who found a way to always get out of a dire situation even when it didn't look like there was a way out. Then to top it off it wasn't like Ronan was some master tactician, he was portrayed as Thanos' sidekick who saw an opportunity to get the stone for himself and took it. So it'd make sense that he'd let something so trivial distract him. The pressure was on and Ronan froze up in the clutch.

Gunn had one job, one ******* job and that was essentially make an Avengers in space type film with alien misfits. Instead he makes an action film with no action and too much emotion. Ronan gets the infinity gem and does nothing with it, ok. John C. Riley is an out of shape Nova Corp member who does nothing, ok. Let's hold hands to defeat the antagonist while at the same showing that we've come together as outcasts and formed some quasi family...ok.

Rocket Raccon crying more than firing a gun...

**** You James Gunn

Wasn't my favorite film by any means, ending was terrible, Ronan was completely wasted as a villain, but it made a team i've generally enjoyed over the years more popular, so that's what really matters I suppose. Now if we could just get a few other teams, like the Annihilators or the Imperial Guard, we'd be in business.

Last edited:
3rd act was disappointing, the lack of Rocket busting guns was a shame too, but it was a fun overall ride man, and I see the potential. I mean, they could've not made the ****.

GotG still gets a 9/10 from me.

However, I will be much harsher with GotG 2 if they don't take the end of the sequel more seriously with better action.

I'm looking forward to GotG 2 since HER is the villain :smokin cosmic Marvel is lit if not a little convoluted

Hoping DC gets hella cosmic and Kirbyesqe for JL.

Thor 3 will go that route as well but will fail.

Y'all wanna know why every superhero movie was trash until Marvel stepped in?

It's bc dudes were rushing the action and never developing any plot lines. Y'all want dudes bustin guns, but how many comic books introduce a hero with the first 2.5 hours of reading time only on action?!

GotG introduced 4 main characters, 2 super villains (Ronan and Nebula), 2 alien races (Xandar and Kree), 2 space factions (Ravagers and Nova), 1 infinity gem, and a bunch of ill alien technology.

Ending was kind of silly, but that is who Quill is. Gunn said that one of Quill's powers is staying composed while fumbling for an answer. Anyway at least they didn't turn him into a D1 wrestler just to wrap up the movie.

Imagine if you were a kid and that was your first space movie, you life would be forever changed. Star Wars lvl.

Back
Top Bottom