WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

it's all in good and fun, nothing wrong with liking one thing over the other or vice versa

i'm also one of the older comicbook heads but never in my dreams would have I imagined we'd see these characters on the big screen and for them to be done and built up to this level

and despite being spoiled with great MCU films, I never take any CBMs for granted

i'm just enjoying the ride

i got to say, MCU seems immune to superhero fatigue

as high and peaked MCU may be now, their future still seems real bright and once Fox folds over with Disney, the possibilities just opens up even more...

Why does Black Panther's sister who looks like Rihanna look so familiar? I looked up her imbd and haven't seen any other movies shes been in.

Someone said 'most marvel films had been bad'

Lol there's always one.

Anyway, not so sure if I had mentioned it last night. My posting on here was a blur. But this movie deserves to be watched on imax and/or dolby for the audio alone. It's been a while since the score was so good that it
helps get you more into the movie

Audio was the fatal flaw of a movie like CW for example. Movie was otherwise dope but it had a generic score.

I wish more movies in general would attempt to try harder on the score. It's like they focus on the visuals and the script but leave the scoring as an afterthought.

Last edited:
Why does Black Panther's sister who looks like Rihanna look so familiar? I looked up her imbd and haven't seen any other movies shes been in.
She's an up and coming actress. British lady. I'm sure she'll have more projects that we'll be seeing her in...

While obviously it's a guess I have a feeling that marvel is going younger and more diverse for the second wave of movies so there might be a place for her in the mcu moving forward.

If you watch Black Mirror, she was the girl in the last episode of the latest season that got revenge for her farther.

wasnt she in Humans on AMC?

thats where i know her from

and she looks nothing like Rhianna, are you white?

i got to say, MCU seems immune to superhero fatigue

as high and peaked MCU may be now, their future still seems real bright and once Fox folds over with Disney, the possibilities just opens up even more...

I mean, unlike those other studios marvel isn't in a rush to unload a big story..

Which is my biggest gripe with WB/DC, they saw Nolan tell a story building the character of batman over the course of his films.. AND they had the advantage of seeing what marvel had done prior to A1 and then with other characters coming in

Homecoming is a perfect example, they didn't rush to tell a huge story when they got their hands on the character.. but they told an important story an added that 1 pivotal moment in the history of the character comicheads would love

Not saying everythint thing has been perfect the whole way (their handling of extremism and the mandarin), but patience is a huge part of their success and the trust they have built

BOX OFFICE: BLACK PANTHER Exceeds Expectations And Tops CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR In Thursday Previews

Black Panther is making history at the box office as Marvel's latest movie scored a whopping $25.2 million during last night's preview showings.

Now, the Ryan Coogler helmed release has scored the best preview number for February ever, effortlessly topping Deadpool's $12.7 million from 2016. Tracking currently suggests that Black Pantherwill earn around $165 million over the four-day weekend but those are relatively conservative estimates and it's entirely possible that it will earn quite a bit more with positive word of mouth.

Black Panther is also doing well overseas where it's opened in a number of markets to so far score $47 million. It doesn't reach Russia until February 22nd and Japan follows on March 1st with China not too far behind on the 9th.

Last edited:
In regards to CBM fatigue, if we're 18 movies in and people are more hype for movie 19 than anything else preceding it, I think that just shows the quality and longevity that the MCU brings to the table. A movie universe this expansive is unprecedented and I think that's another part of the reason that the MCU is immune to CBM fatigue; just the simple fact that all of these movies are connected and we're not getting one off movies and constant reboots.

Imagine having Ironman rebooted already; that would create CBM fatigue.

As long as Marvel does these things things will be good

1) Keep one central architect - Kevin Feige
2) Dont do any re-boots
3) Dont re-cast anyone
4) Keep expanding the existing framework

then we good.

They have A TON of great characters and story lines at their disposal. The sky is the limit

Back
Top Bottom