WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

What's your race? And yes it is important

to read a definition and accurately interpret a word/ phrase? no, race isnt important

you thinking it is, is problematic and counterproductive

we’re going to need some of these allies that thinking like this scares away

Chappelle talks about it in his new special

Man, I bought my ticket for 8AM tomorrow morning...Does this mean I need to get there by 7AM? rfx45 rfx45 do people get to Irvine Spectrum early? lol

:lol: I don't go there but judging by the presence, that would be a safe bet

just have breakfast if there isn't a line

but isn't that imax? i'm surprised it doesn't have reserved seating

Man, this movie was so amazing! It was the first Marvel movie where my wife actually shed tears. Killmonger’s character resonated so much. Just sucks that he died though because I would’ve loved to see MBJ continue on in the MCU. Dude had so many quotes (“Hey auntie” :rofl:). My favorite part had to be the end when T’Challa bought up the block :nthat:. Just imagining the future those inner city kids will have learning about the Wakanda tech had me in my feels lol. The line from Killmonger about burying him in the ocean with his ancestors |l:nthat:.

Last edited:
the movie was good. marvel stuck to their formula that has made the franchise successful. I will say this, the beats they had in the movie when transitioning from one scene to another were absolutely amazing. the visuals and the music were on point. I think that made the movie hella more enjoyable. 7/8

America still don't have assigned seats when you buy tickets???? Everywhere else in the world i've been. you buy a ticket and you pick your seats.. Catch up

thats full blown *** cultural appropriation and I hate that
in your example, wearing black panther costume and wearing a dashiki is technically not different, you're dressing up in an outfit that is represented in the movie you're watching. That makes it more cosplay than anything.
That's like saying because im black I can dress up as a storm trooper, but not as wookie... That doesn't make sense.

Also I think people are still mixing up the whole "cultural" label. There is Appropriation, Appreciation, Assimilation, Acculturation.
A white kid wearing a Dashiki in a movie theater is not appropriation. It's a appreciation.
A white kid wearing a Dashiki in school everyday with no knowledge of said culture and selling Dashikis out of his gym locker... IS appropriation.

IMG_20180216_143036_813.jpg
20180210_150312_1518304027378.jpg

Seeing this at least 4 more times

:lol: I don't go there but judging by the presence, that would be a safe bet

just have breakfast if there isn't a line

but isn't that imax? i'm surprised it doesn't have reserved seating
Yeah, I was surprised too. I bought my ticket through Fandango.

It's a good movie. The cultural aspects threw me off a bit, but appreciate it at the same time.

8/10.

K, just checked my ticket. Bought a regular 3-D showing because it was the earliest available. No reserved seating.

Going to have to get there to be safe lol.

America still don't have assigned seats when you buy tickets???? Everywhere else in the world i've been. you buy a ticket and you pick your seats.. Catch up

in your example, wearing black panther costume and wearing a dashiki is technically not different, you're dressing up in an outfit that is represented in the movie you're watching. That makes it more cosplay than anything.
That's like saying because im black I can dress up as a storm trooper, but not as wookie... That doesn't make sense.

Also I think people are still mixing up the whole "cultural" label. There is Appropriation, Appreciation, Assimilation, Acculturation.
A white kid wearing a Dashiki in a movie theater is not appropriation. It's a appreciation.
A white kid wearing a Dashiki in school everyday with no knowledge of said culture and selling Dashikis out of his gym locker... IS appropriation.

jw should i be offended that the migos wore a whole chinese get up in 'stir fry'?

Lol migos, the same ones that said im going to Thailand to buy smoke of the chinks....

lol I'm just tired of the whole appropriation label..
The world as we know it has been built of said appropriation. Do you like spaghetti, Well, Italians appropriated noodles from china, put pasta sauces together boom. now we make spaghetti sauce in America from appropriating from Italians.
Hey do you wear Jeans, guess where the material was originated from Italy and France, made by white dudes.. when you wear Jeans your appropriating European culture...
Hey you like money and books. Guess who made the first paper The chinese made paper in 600 AD. That book you're reading and the money you're spending, your appropriating Chinese culturally made items.

See how ridiculous that can get..
So again unless this white kid with no cultural background to African history is selling dashikis and girl scout cookies claiming it as his own... he's not appropriating.

Lol you know, there are Africans that don't want black Americans to wear dashikis

I think ppl should just let others wear what they want as long as they don't hurt nobody or doing it with the intention of dissing another culture

Back
Top Bottom