WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Anyone else think that the Soul Stone is connected to the purple heart shaped flower that gives BP his powers?

Africans fighting Africans bothered me when nobody stopped to say we are brothers wtf are we doing at some point.
What you think Africans (or Wakandans) got a better sense of unity when their divided on core issues?

The movie showed the cracks in their ideology and how they could come to blows over certain differences.

Especially when it came to wakanda and killmonger.

Wkabi being that adamant bothered me too.
As in story, it was something I felt needed bringing up and discussing but stepping back and look at movie as a whole its fiction.

As for W'Kabi, I try to think of how T'Challa was all of Civil War. Son didn't give a ****. Bucky was gonna die and so was anyone in his way. Thing is he got closure on who the killer is and saw what he was trying to do and held back on the cycle of violence. W'Kabi at least grew up in Wakanda and had that structure, support, and discipline but in many ways hes like Killmonger who's dad is killed and he grows up angry wanting revenge. That'll push you to do some dark stuff.

I mean that to say its very hard to make sense of a technological advanced African nation that has remained hidden and mostly isated for millennia and real world events.

I'm glad Coogler decided to tackle this since its rarely addressed in the comics. When I first came across BP and what Wakanda represented the first thing I asked was where the **** were these guys during slavery?

I mean in story its a bit hard to swallow that in 2016 (that's when the movie takes place) we got Wakandans spies just now seeing the injustice and corruption of the world and how our ppl are being treated and want to go and do something about it. Its kinda crazy how an entire nation can be so indifferent even to what happens to their neighbors.

Like my main thing in the comics (and I know why they won't do it) is why hasn't Wakanda turned Africa in to its own empire? At least the continent but obviously Marvel is trying to mirror the world outside your window.

Last edited:
Okay lets talk about this dude W'Kabi.

I can understand his anger given his parents death years ago, frustration with T'Chaka not bringing Klaw to justice.

But damn he sure was willing and gung go to back Killmonger. Like he wasn't even down with the idea of Wakanda spreading out when he heard Nakia being brought up but once its on some conquering **** he got all these reasonable arguments.

I dont know if I'm T'Challa I let dude keep his job. The whole murky issue over the challenge not being over shouldn't have led to a mini Wakanda civil war like that. It was semi treasonous. **** was unsettling.

M'Baku might be on the come up though :pimp: :nerd:

Earlier in the film he said he'd gladly fight for those being oppressed around the world. He just didn't want to let the outside world into Wakanda. Lined up with what Killmonger wanted to do. Maybe not perfectly but the seeds were there.

May have mentioned it once but Sterling K. Brown was sgreat in this. Wish N'Jobu had more screen time somehow.

Somebody said it before the movie really come full circle. Movie starting with N'Jobu telling a young Eric the origin of Wakanda up to his death to the end with T'Challa arguing with Killmonger and ultimately killing him.

The themes and Just everything
Made me think about being an African American in this country
How tchalla was supported by all the women around him
Same what happens in a black family
How we grow up angry without our fathers
And we tend to hurt people
Based on our pain
How we hurt our own
Because we’re hurt
I can’t explain how much this movie got to me
Omg I’m buying Blu-ray first day
Bruhs my eye still tryna bring tears out
But I’m fighting it
This movie was so much more to me
Than a comic book movie

May have mentioned it once but Sterling K. Brown was sgreat in this. Wish N'Jobu had more screen time somehow.

Somebody said it before the movie really come full circle. Movie starting with N'Jobu telling a young Eric the origin of Wakanda up to his death to the end with T'Challa arguing with Killmonger and ultimately killing him.
I wish he wouldn’t have killed him
And just saved him :smh:

Marvel finally had a villain
That u understood his motivation
And his thought process
And I’m a way cares for
And they killed him:smh:

They didn’t want a revolution
The didn’t want us to rise up
The house of mouse of mouse knew what they were doing :smh:

Best marvel movie to date
U doubt it
Ur a sws

calm-down-bro.jpg

Why are you labeling those that don’t think this is the GoAT McU movie SWS...that’s a bit extreme...movie was great, it had a really deep message and like you said a story you can easily relate to, I can understand the praise, but for me it wasn’t the best, I would probably place it at 3rd, which is a great slot to have in the MCU, Winter Soldier still the best movie all around, followed by A1...I’ll put BP behind those two.

Why are you labeling those that don’t think this is the GoAT McU movie SWS...that’s a bit extreme...movie was great, it had a really deep message and like you said a story you can easily relate to, I can understand the praise, but for me it wasn’t the best, I would probably place it at 3rd, which is a great slot to have in the MCU, Winter Soldier still the best movie all around, followed by A1...I’ll put BP behind those two.
I was joking bout the sws
Hope ur my elf this year for ss
I’ll get u a sarcasm meter

72BD292C-77E5-4D2C-90D2-F8AA9A5C114C.jpeg

Black Panther, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok are EASILY the top 3 Marvel films so far. This is actually my top 5 if Iron man is replaced with Civil War and Avengers 1 is replace with Avengers 2.

Man get that trash **** list outta here!!!!!

I mean is not trash but with our WS on it, that list is invalidated, if you don’t have WS in your top 3 your opinion is highly questionable...

My top 4

Probably

Avengers 1
Civil War
Black Panther
GotG2

Not necessarily in that order

The replayability of WS wears thin.

Back
Top Bottom