WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

IW gonna do number off the usual fans alone.

Multiple viewings.
If it can get some of the BP viewers then that’s a win.
It just keeps getting bigger and bigger in Asia as well.

Another thing, Wakanda already had spies out in the world handling business. A world leader isn’t going to admit to that publicly. They will deny it every time. So how was Wakanda really ignoring the outside world?
Keeping an eye on other world powers and ignoring the plight of the oppressed across the world are two different things.
honestly thats what i would rate it. maybe a little lower.

its a good movie, it really is. but i think it suffers from timing.

were spoiled by the marvel movies. and where theyre at right now, its hard to go back to an "origins" movie at this point with everything else going on in the "universe".

I think it suffered from not having another avenger show up. they could have easily implemented winter soldier somewhere besides end credit.and no mention of the last infinity stone at this point in the game? cmon. i get that you didnt want to take away from the origin story or t'chala but you could have implemented the stuff i just mentioned without taking anything away from the character.

like i said at this point in the game the fans are used to seeing that kind of stuff. if this was 5 years ago id probably feel differently.

and as big of a fan of B jordan I am, i just felt like he was too extra in this
Yeah this a bunch of bull ****.

You're too wrapped up in the larger story to appreciate greatness.

Another avenger? And you suggest Bucky at that? :lol:

Yall dudes fiending for infinity stones are crazy impatient. Its like that's all you watch the movies for. Wa t instant gratification instead of letting

M'Baku "are you done?" Had me cracking up.

The theme music for characters was so dope. Okoye chants :wow:
T'Challa's horns
Killmonger's menacing hip hop

Just dope.

And my second view was in a boring ***, quiet crowd. I feel like a crowd into it that gets the references and jokes adds to the experience .

Yessssss fam. Killmonger's Kendrick entrance music gotta be top 3, rivaling only Stone Cold and The Rock.

This means the flick has brought in a total of $426.6m worldwide! Completely shattered a lot of myths about films with a black director & cast as well as whether a “black” movie can do well internationally.

many of those myths were backed up by data. the numbers may not have told the whole story but there was some truth to those myths.

i vividly remember countless barbershop laughs and snikers over someone suggesting ‘we’ support whatever black movie was out at the time over whatever blockbuster

its a different time now though
and Marvel got the juice so.....

Not liking the film is one thing. The over the top effort to point out it’s not as good because of politics is Bull****

ill give diehard comic fans room to roast, they're da base if anything...but even they been content...

da film made Killmonger go from D list obscure super villan to grade A swagged out badboy.

last time i seen that happened was when blade broke out.

ill give diehard comic fans room to roast, they're da base if anything...but even they been content...

da film made Killmonger go from D list obscure super villan to grade A swagged out badboy.

last time i seen that happened was when blade broke out.

If we’re keeping it a buck most of the characters in the current MCU sans spidey and a few others were B list and below characters before these movies started coming out.

Haha, good point.
So, who is Zemo the only current villian that survived a MCU movie so far?
Loki basically survived 2 movies, Zemo, The Winter Soldier (if you count him as a villain), Hydra (not completely wiped out), I think Justin Hammer is in prison, apparently Blonsky is alive, Nebula, Dormammu, Vulture, Hela (spoilers), and scumbag Steve.
Well it wasn't a Nigerian dialect. Every interview Chadwick has done on this press tour he's said the dialect is from a South African based enclave.
That was Chadwick's T'Challa accent. Im pretty sure each tribe had a different accent.

Loki basically survived 2 movies, Zemo, The Winter Soldier (if you count him as a villain), Hydra (not completely wiped out), I think Justin Hammer is in prison, apparently Blonsky is alive, Nebula, Dormammu, Vulture, Hela (spoilers), and scumbag Steve.

That was Chadwick's T'Challa accent. Im pretty sure each tribe had a different accent.

He said that after doing that for Civil War that Coogler went down to the same place and decided that was the dialect that every body would use for the film.

Lol I was skeptical about Chadwick’s accent in civil war but he really turned it up in this film :lol: my favorite is when he’s walking up to Killmonger and the Wakandan army. “I have not conceit-TED” :lol:

He said that after doing that for Civil War that Coogler went down to the same place and decided that was the dialect that every body would use for the film.

Everyone had a similar accent except M’bakus tribe. His/theirs was modeled after a Nigerian accent.

Reactions: MVP
i mean he had a dope *** Deadpool costume last Halloween...
So? **** him.
Captain Marvel is gonna need some very good marketing, to a specific group, as well as post credits to build up the hype for it. Not saying it won't be good, but its gonna need to be as good, if not better than Wonder Woman to be considered succesfull. And no one outside of Marvel heads knows who this woman is, they may have to pair her up with a veteran Avenger (Cap?).
Nope.

Its set in the 90s.

Marvel don't have anything to worry about. Some of yall gonna look silly when you e d up seeing the records Captain Marvel matches or breaks.

All its going to take is one IW cameo in the movie or after credits.
Agent Ross too
He knows what he saw but he had no clue what was going on :lol:
I HONESTLY DON'T SEE CAPTAIN MARVEL DOING WELL. THE SPACE ADVENTURE HAS BEEN DONE, THE WOMAN LEAD HAS BEEN DONE.
This stupid as ****.

You know what's been done? Leading white males in movies period. Those movies still make money.

This idea that you have to be first in order to be the best and make bank is ridiculous and idiotic.

Yall dudes prepping to look foolish come 2019.

Last edited:
02107765-BB94-4C7F-B8A0-D4556050C3F7.png

Lol no one is arguing that Captain Marvel won't do well. The origin of the discussion was if Captain Marvel will do as well or better than Black Panther. A couple of years ago, I thought so. But BP is exceeding expectations so I would say the answer is no :lol:

I don't think Captain Marvel will do as well as BP. Like someone stated, they're pulling in another demographic, not just CBM fans. But CM will certainly do well. But who knows, I thought Guardians would flop because most casual movie goers didnt know who they were.

For real. Y’all ain’t seeing the power of Marvel right now???

Y’all see what Marvel did for Antman and guardians????

Back
Top Bottom