WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

BP had one of these on BET for a minute. They'd need the right character.

They have those on Netflix.. I’m not a fan.. but not a fan of some of the other choices marvel has made with the animated shows/movies

DC doing work with the animated movies but can’t really figure out the movies.. meanwhile marvel is doing work without their main guys and can’t figure out the animated stuff consistently

Ain’t personal beef.. I just know whenever dude shows up it’ll be about some sort of agenda

Like the Brie Larson mess, for example

Next thing whenever falcon becomes captain America, dude will be back
Everyone on NT has a different perspective on stuff. And we will represent our viewpoint, sometimes too vigorously. This may rub some the wrong way and others may be nodding their head in agreement.

As long as we are respectful to each other NT allows for a wide range of views to be expressed.

I know what you're saying, I just thought I'd point out that fact.

Hollywood is just funny, you have examples that conceptually certain movies should work once you view them as such

Like take Spartacus or gladiator, you could easily look at those movies being used as the basis for a CBM to some degree.. it was just getting them to realize the built in fan base and the potential of what was there

but Marvel Comics existed decades upon decades before star wars.... they should been more epic at da box office alot sooner considering starwars hit da ground running.
Marvel comics isn't Marvel studios.

If you know anything about comics history or the film industry at the time (and even now) they weren't getting the Hollywood budgets in the 60s or 70s to make movies. So saying comic book movies should've been more epic and sooner is just false.

Star Wars is a different thing than superhero comicbooks. Different than Marvel. The type of visuals weren't capable for movies then. Meanwhile, George was fine to get by on the low budget effects of the time and the slow paced action.

This comparison doesn't make sense the way you want it to once you know the facts. Comics to movies isn't as easy from the 60s to 90s as it is now.

Star Wars is a different thing than superhero comicbooks

Star wars when you boil it down is derivative of a denial of flash Gordon movie rights.

like i said before, not having da tech only applies to some of da super powered characters....

alot of earlier comics had characters that could've been portrayed easily.

Tarzan is a perfect example of this.

printed media just ain’t it anymore. Marvel comics will die but they’ll open a new outlet and call it marvel digital or something. Then they’ll print select things and make them limited runs to charge more.

Pretty simple

I'm not taking much stock in the "end of Marvel comics". Especially when you consider how much it makes to produce comics today.

People have been false claiming the death of the comic industry since the 50s.

The bigger issue is what the direct market has turned in to. Print media is dying but the direct market has done much to attract much in the past 30 years. Comic shops have become niche. It's not like how it use to be when comics were on spinner racks in newsstands, in supermarkets, and dept stores. Dont even considerns subscriptions anymore. Publishers went away from all that. Thing is if they go back to that comic shops will start complaining about how its bad press and the big 2 have held off on that so they flood the market with incentive specialties like dozens of variant covers, special releases, triple sized #1 issues, etc.

Last edited:
printed media just ain’t it anymore. Marvel comics will die but they’ll open a new outlet and call it marvel digital or something. Then they’ll print select things and make them limited runs to charge more.

Pretty simple
There's already a marvel digital website

It's just not the greatest run

It takes months for issues to release that's already been out in print.

There might've been some other problems I had with it too. Used to be on it a lot, but can't remember why I stopped.

Star wars when you boil it down is derivative of a denial of flash Gordon movie rights.

like i said before, not having da tech only applies to some of da super powered characters....

alot of earlier comics had characters that could've been portrayed easily.

Tarzan is a perfect example of this.
So exactly which Marvel characters would you have wanted to see movies for in the 60 and 70s?

Cuz the Spider-Man live action show sucked, the Japanese one (60s and 70s) looked garbage, the Punisher tv movie (80s) was trash, the Captain America show (70s) was laughable.

At best Marvel could've made a Shang-Chi movie with Bruce Lee. That's the best case scenario for a movie.

Even you recognize there were no directors let alone studios wanting to make movies out of comic books. And George Lucas is a big Marvel fan. You're forgetting the history of the time. The culture then looked down on comics. Did so even in the 90s. Never taken seriously or considered worthy of film outside of iconic heroes like Superman and Batman. Stan Lee use to not admit he was a comicbook writer when asked.

I should've probably phrased it as recent mcu movies go

Shorter than 7 of the last 9 mcu movies, although not by much...now that I've taken a second look

Little trivia I've learned. The run time includes the the credits.

So if a movie is touted as having a 2 h, 40 minute runtime, it's really 2 hrs 29 minutes and ten minutes of credits before you get to the end credit scene.

I thought everybody knew that or at least figured it out from watching movies on premium cable. Guide says it starts @ 2 and ends @ 4 but movie actually ends 3:46

Back
Top Bottom