WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

What MCU movies and/or CBMs you got as worse than it?

Just trying see what's a 4.. also what's a 6 would help too

Just to get an idea of the range we're working with

Thor TDW was a 3 maybe a 4 for me. Ant-Man and the Wasp was a 6.

Without getting into too much detail they weren’t lying when they said they made her the most powerful being in the universe and they bought far too much into the feminist political side of things.

I felt like they wanted this movie to be Black Panther for females. It’s not bad but by no means does this movie come anywhere close to the feeling I had watching that and I feel like a lot of people will agree. As a 90s baby I felt like they relied on far too much of the era for humor and retro advertisements rather than actually using that backdrop to show us an era of the MCU that we’ve only seen in flashbacks.

The space scenes and costumes were awesome, her powers that we saw were really cool but basically all shown in trailers. I’ll leave the rest for you to watch but it honestly seemed like a standard origin film but in this case the hero’s had her powers for some time.

I think TDW, TIH and Iron Man 2/3 are worse than it. Realistically I think it’s just so late to do an origin story set in the past where we legit have 70 years worth of MCU mythos that you have to work around.

Origin story wise I think it’s right around Doctor Strange/Thor levels. Not Hulk bad.

Thor 1 doesn’t get the hate it deserves. A Thor movie if Thor wasn’t Thor featuring as many jokes as possible from unfunny boob girl lol

Thor TDW was a 3 maybe a 4 for me. Ant-Man and the Wasp was a 6.

Without getting into too much detail they weren’t lying when they said they made her the most powerful being in the universe and they bought far too much into the feminist political side of things.

I felt like they wanted this movie to be Black Panther for females. It’s not bad but by no means does this movie come anywhere close to the feeling I had watching that and I feel like a lot of people will agree. As a 90s baby I felt like they relied on far too much of the era for humor and retro advertisements rather than actually using that backdrop to show us an era of the MCU that we’ve only seen in flashbacks.

The space scenes and costumes were awesome, her powers that we saw were really cool but basically all shown in trailers. I’ll leave the rest for you to watch but it honestly seemed like a standard origin film but in this case the hero’s had her powers for some time.
So it was like Thor1 or first avenger level?

What did you think of brie in the role?

thor 2
thor 3
gotg 2
gotg 1
im 3
im 2
are really the only trash films
hell incredible hulk is better than all those
the one with norton

Last edited:
thor 2
thor 3
gotg 2
gotg 1
im 1
im 2
are really the only trash films
hell incredible hulk is better than all those
the one with norton

You are out of your mind with having Ragnorak, Vol1 and IM1 on that list...OUT OF YOUR MIND.

So it was like Thor1 or first avenger level?

What did you think of brie in the role?

On par with Thor 1 with the typical origin story tropes. I still don’t like Brie as Carol, that’s just my personal opinion. I thought the actress that plays Lagertha on Vikings (Katheryn Winnick, I think) or Emily Blunt would’ve been better personally.

Brie’s super good looking and a solid actress but I feel like she lacks that military charisma and cockiness that I associate with Carol.

On top of that I kind of think of Carol with that built/muscular look from her Warbird costume days but none the less they were going for her toned down look from the avenging spider-man 9 and so on forth. I feel like even with her weight I envision comics Carol with similar stature of Gwendoline Christie but a little shorter.

Brie’s delivery was alright but she’s not Carol if that makes sense. Maybe that changes in Endgame and moving forward but by the end of TFA and IM1 I knew Chris Evans was Cap and RDJ was Tony. I’m gonna attribute this to plot details and give her a pass. Honestly I would’ve released this movie in January or February. So close to Endgame has me over analyzing this movie for sure.

After thinking about it, I might be too lazy on fri....might be footlocker.com or bust...

Sorry, Captain....I failed you.

I googled yelena belova. Second character to use the black widow name?

So does this mean after waiting 10 years to make a solo movie for BW that they're already casting Scarlett's replacement? Lmao.

I googled yelena belova. Second character to use the black widow name?

So does this mean after waiting 10 years to make a solo movie for BW that they're already casting Scarlett's replacement? Lmao.
Well she's a villain so I doubt it.

But don't expect most of the OG Avengers to keep doing this either.

I still don't know why they wasted Ronin on Clint. They need to reveal he borrowed it from the real Ronin who got snapped away.

10.5 hours to go.

When are spoilers needed until? Monday morning?

You know I don't mess that with those spoiler tabs but dudes be like "I'm turning off all social media this weekend because I don't want spoilers" and then come into the last page of a movie thread on opening night and start complaining about lack of spoilers being used:lol:

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom