WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

AVENGERS: ENDGAME Director Joe Russo On Possibly Helming A DC Movie; Reaffirms Desire For A SECRET WARS Film

For over a year now, Avengers: Endgame directors Joe and Anthony Russo have talked about their dream project of helming a Secret Wars movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. While the directors have previously indicated they will take a break from the superhero universe following Avengers: Endgame, Joe Russo reaffirmed that it would be the Secret Wars to draw them back to the MCU.

"I keep saying Secret Wars, cause that was one of the first books that I really fell in love with as a kid, was Secret Wars," Joe Russo said when asked by MTV News. "This notion of like, you know, event storytelling, and I think that’s part of the reason that we gravitate so strongly towards these event films and these ensemble films. The notion that like you can contain so many different characters, and so many different points of view, and galvanize them around a story point is really compelling to us."

Beyond the MCU, the directors were asked if they would ever consider helming a DC Universe film. While they didn't jump at the idea of entering the ring with DC, they didn't exactly rule it out either.

"I mean, our brains are so fogged at this point that I don't know we can consider anything," Joe responded. "But, you know, you never say, 'never.'"

https://www.oddsshark.com/entertainment/avengers-endgame-betting-odds

Avengers: Endgame – Opening Weekend Box Office – US and Canada
  • OVER $270,000,000 -140
  • UNDER $270,000,000 EVEN
Avengers: Endgame – Opening Weekend Box Office – US and Canada
  • OVER $257,698,183 -650
  • UNDER $257,698,183 +375
Avengers: Endgame – Rottentomatoes.com Tomatometer Score
  • OVER 85% +115
  • UNDER 85% -155
Avengers: Endgame – WorldWide Gross
  • OVER $2.0484 Billion -175
  • UNDER $2.0484 Billion +135
Avengers: Endgame – Will Antman Kill Thanos?
  • No -500
  • Yes +300
Avengers: Endgame – Will Captain America Die in the Movie?
  • No -190
  • Yes +145
Avengers: Endgame – Will Iron Man Die In The Movie?
  • No +155
  • Yes -220
Avengers: Endgame – Will Thor Die In The Movie?
  • No -220
  • Yes +155

c95d3669469b45ed1cbb45fa6a782a5d.jpg

27d63995c66da7e07ecce50db5b662a6.jpg

1914b63305242c4aaee71d066c154627.jpg

e651b6546cae66b34cadb484a8cb12b9.jpg

Realistically, how would you all think a Secret Wars plot could play out

I don't know anything about the comics, I just read a summary of it, it sounds interesting. Of course once the merger starts pedaling out new characters, a Secret Wars plot could be fleshed out more but I'm curious as to how they can pull something like this off

Realistically, how would you all think a Secret Wars plot could play out

I don't know anything about the comics, I just read a summary of it, it sounds interesting. Of course once the merger starts pedaling out new characters, a Secret Wars plot could be fleshed out more but I'm curious as to how they can pull something like this off
Well they already pulled off Infinity War nicely so a similar format.

You gather 12-16 heroes and anyqhere from 10-15 villains, already tease the Beyonder before that, allow for some changes (additions or subtraction) for adspting for the MCU, and you can tell all of Secret Wars in 2 movies if you want it done right. Also allows for bringing back the OG Avengers amd maybe even Thanos.

Think it'd be better than the comic version.

Well they already pulled off Infinity War nicely so a similar format.

You gather 12-16 heroes and anyqhere from 10-15 villains, already tease the Beyonder before that, allow for some changes (additions or subtraction) for adspting for the MCU, and you can tell all of Secret Wars in 2 movies if you want it done right. Also allows for bringing back the OG Avengers amd maybe even Thanos.

Think it'd be better than the comic version.
I was thinking it'd be a way to introduce the Symbiote and start the Venom plot after

I was thinking it'd be a way to introduce the Symbiote and start the Venom plot after
Oh definitely.

Same way I think Endgame is gonna be a springboard for a few changes and developments in phase 4 or w/e it'll be called. The whole landscape of the MCU is about to change.

at the end of endgame, hawkeye has the gauntlet with all stones intact and he wants to play a game of hunger games to the rest of the avengers who made fun of him... SECRET WARS!
:stoneface:

If its one guy that needs to die its Hawkguy.

Last edited:
Has Falcon not had a ***** ***** moment in combat yet? Scott put the hands on him, Tony hit him with the proton after he crippled Rhodey, Bucky clipped his wings in Cap:WS. I just want to see one time when Clarence goes hard in one of these movies.

Has Falcon not had a ***** ***** moment in combat yet? Scott put the hands on him, Tony hit him with the proton after he crippled Rhodey, Bucky clipped his wings in Cap:WS. I just want to see one time when Clarence goes hard in one of these movies.
Hmmmmmm

Nope. Now that I really dwell on it. I root for Falcon in the comics but don't care much for the MCU version until they elevate him. He hasn't had a single one on one match where he's won or at least stalemated his opponent. They just had to give hin the L to Crossbones in WS. At best he shined in the opening of Civil War. Whedon should've fit him in to AoU more.

Its crazy cuz it looks like Rhodey shines a bit in Endgame with him having like 5 different suits on in the movie :lol:

Hmmmmmm

Nope. Now that I really dwell on it. I root for Falcon in the comics but don't care much for the MCU version until they elevate him. He hasn't had a single one on one match where he's won or at least stalemated his opponent. They just had to give hin the L to Crossbones in WS. At best he shined in the opening of Civil War. Whedon should've fit him in to AoU more.

Its crazy cuz it looks like Rhodey shines a bit in Endgame with him having like 5 different suits on in the movie :lol:

I remember in AoU when Rhodey flies out of the helicarrier to destroy those ultron bots flying around, I was expecting Sam to pop out too.

He had some shine in CW, yea Tony did get him once (when it mattered), he had some moments when going at WM and IM while flying around

Most notably when he hit Tony with Red Wing and the dazed circle of birds popped up

Watched spider verse again. Movie really is top 2 marvel movies (yes I know it’s sony). It’s just flawless and is absolutely beautiful
the feels bro. endless feels. especially because i lost my pops recently. movie gets me misty just thinking about it. they put they whole foot in that movie. Def in the top of all marvel movies ever. joint was flawless

And dont forget, last GOTG, they brought to light the goat, Adam Warlock. So he'll def be part of the next generation.

Watched spider verse again. Movie really is top 2 marvel movies (yes I know it’s sony). It’s just flawless and is absolutely beautiful

the feels bro. endless feels. especially because i lost my pops recently. movie gets me misty just thinking about it. they put they whole foot in that movie. Def in the top of all marvel movies ever. joint was flawless

Have you seen the alternate universe cut??

Back
Top Bottom