WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

I was raving about Batman Begins when it came out. I was telling people it was a movie about a dude who undergoes a transformation and he just happens to become Batman. Keep in mind, the previous Batman before that was Batman and Robin (1997). BB and TDK have a very realistic feel to it, and don't feel like "Comicbook Movies".
This doesnt track at all to me :lol:

I think you'd have to have a stereotypical view of what a comic book movie feels like to say Nolan's Bat movies don't feel like cbms.

The man dresses up as a bat to invoke fear in the criminal element of his city. That is pure comic books. That's vintage comic book ****. Pulp comics.

The Punisher is more grounded than Batman and as far as I'm concerned theyre still comic book movies.

So was Red, so was Wanted, and a bunch of others.

Comic books aren't limited to superhero comics.

another showing and they're still giving out imax dual posters

endgame 2poster.jpg
At this point there should be some movie accurate posters.

Should be professor Hulk not the Hulkbuster suit :lol:

Last edited:

Pinewood studios is literally 10 mins from my crib. All these years later and I still can’t fathom how these films are literally made in my backyard. From meeting Michael Keaton during filming of Homecoming, my ex meeting Tom Holland and sending me a pic with him and even trying to be an extra in Ant-Man back when they were filming in 2014 :lol: so much fun

Pinewood studios is literally 10 mins from my crib. All these years later and I still can’t fathom how these films are literally made in my backyard. From meeting Michael Keaton during filming of Homecoming, my ex meeting Tom Holland and sending me a pic with him and even trying to be an extra in Ant-Man back when they were filming in 2014 :lol: so much fun
I remember when I stayed at Loews hotel in Atlanta. The bellboy was telling me Chis Evans stayed there when filming his movies.

Also met Kenny smith at the gym there lol. Nice hotel

It's hard for me to buy their retcon of Cap faking it. When he tries to lift it, we hear his hands rubbing on the leather. This sound would not happen if he didn't legit try to lift it. Dude was literally straining to do it.
If you can move it at all you can lift it. If you can’t its not going anywhere. See the hulk try to do it and it almost break his arm in A1.

THAT cap wasn't prepared to fully submit and explicitly say he trusted tony

It wasn't until THAT point, that he became worthy

Rewatching Endgame last night, I loved that little moment right before Tony and Cap go to 1970. The way Tony asks Steve, "Do you trust me?" And Cap's look and tone when he says, "Yes".

Rewatching Endgame last night, I loved that little moment right before Tony and Cap go to 1970. The way Tony asks Steve, "Do you trust me?" And Cap's look and tone when he says, "Yes".

Dude finally had to deal with himself and face the consequences of his actions

He couldn't attempt to give tony some BS lecture about laying on the wire, when he pulled the pin on the flagpole in his 2 weeks training course.. or give tony a BS lecture on trust and being open and honest, when he wasn't with his teammates

Dude had to go ask tony for help and had to live with and accept whatever he decided.. tony tried to prepare them, but cap fought that idea.. tony tried to make some good of the bad that was the Sokovia accords and spin it to their favor, but cap fought that idea

The beauty of IW and endgame, your actions have consequences

TDK didn't make me cry. And it wasn't because I saw Tony die. It was the fact that I started this journey in my 20s and I'm now in my mid 30s and this climax of all these movies and the climax of EG had me thinking of people who didn't get to see this story end. I thought about my good friend Lawrence who died in 2017 and was big Star Wars and comic book fan and I know he would of loved how this all came to an end. He loved movies so much that he went to film school and it was what he was doing with his life. It also made me think of my mom who died in 2016. She was fond of comic book movies and things that her son was interested in. It was her idea for us to go see Batman Begins after I lost interest in Batman movies after seeing Batman and Robin. I know she would of loved to see all the movies Marvel has made since she passed away, especially Black Panther. I don't think any collection of movies will ever have this type of emotional impact on me.

Dude finally had to deal with himself and face the consequences of his actions

He couldn't attempt to give tony some BS lecture about laying on the wire, when he pulled the pin on the flagpole in his 2 weeks training course.. or give tony a BS lecture on trust and being open and honest, when he wasn't with his teammates

Dude had to go ask tony for help and had to live with and accept whatever he decided.. tony tried to prepare them, but cap fought that idea.. tony tried to make some good of the bad that was the Sokovia accords and spin it to their favor, but cap fought that idea

The beauty of IW and endgame, your actions have consequences

^ Yup. And none of that would be appreciated if you didn't watch the 20 films preceding it! :rofl:

But in all seriousness, such a great little moment with a lot of weight and history behind it. And if I'm not mistaken, that was one of their last one-on-one interactions before things really escalated to the climax.

Wait, didn't Thanos literally yank Mjolnir midair?
Like wtf!? How really strong was that mf?
And some still think CM could best him. Dude would snap her neck!

TDK didn't make me cry. And it wasn't because I saw Tony die. It was the fact that I started this journey in my 20s and I'm now in my mid 30s and this climax of all these movies and the climax of EG had me thinking of people who didn't get to see this story end. I thought about my good friend Lawrence who died in 2017 and was big Star Wars and comic book fan and I know he would of loved how this all came to an end. He loved movies so much that he went to film school and it was what he was doing with his life. It also made me think of my mom who died in 2016. She was fond of comic book movies and things that her son was interested in. It was her idea for us to go see Batman Begins after I lost interest in Batman movies after seeing Batman and Robin. I know she would of loved to see all the movies Marvel has made since she passed away, especially Black Panther. I don't think any collection of movies will ever have this type of emotional impact on me.

Sorry to hear about your losses. On the plus side, that new Disney + streaming service will have all the movies so you can relive them anytime if you don't already own the 22 movies

last night, right before the movie holland appeared on screen and i thought they were about to show the new trailer but then he continues to say that it'll actually come after the movie instead

would have been nice if the new trailer was the whole end credit for EG I guess even if it was just for the theatrical run

then again tacking on an extra 3 min on a 3hr+ film probably got them worried :lol:

^ Yup. And none of that would be appreciated if you didn't watch the 20 films preceding it! :rofl:

But in all seriousness, such a great little moment with a lot of weight and history behind it. And if I'm not mistaken, that was one of their last one-on-one interactions before things really escalated to the climax.

Cap had a lot of little moments, where you saw dudes growth.. finally

Even in how he dealt with a clearly unstable and losing it Natasha in that 1 scene

Or even when tony first shows up and tony drops the "I wish someone woulda warned you guys".. he knows sh ain't happening without tony, he made his play to try and get things done without him in Bruce and he saw how that worked out

Out of curiosity, who do you see as the unequivocal leader of the group: Iron Man or Cap? Or do you see them as equals but simply with different approaches and arguments to things?

Yea man, sorry for your losses.. but you're absolutely right, this film had you legit feeling at so many moments behind Tony's death

Thor is a great example, dude is hilarious but you feel his pain and get why he'd break after taking all those hits in a matter of literally days and then you throw in losing his mother before

When dudes face changes and he just has that dazed look on his face after mentioning thanos..

Hell, when dude is just sitting there in the room not saying anything when tony gets back.. and you consider in the span of couple weeks, he lost his home, his father, his brother, some of his good friends, his hammer and a shh ton of his people AND then he had the "you shoulda went for the head" moment.. and just for good measure he found out he had a crazy sister that he had to fight at whatever age

But that speech rocket gave him, that shh hits

Admits to being biased towards DC then tries to incite a debate on why IW is better than TDK, knowing you’re going to run with TDK regardless :lol:

What are you trying to prove, bruv?
Not trying to prove or incite anything. I was just asking a question. But did you read the part where I actually said that i loved both movies? Nah, you probably didn't.

Might see Endgame again this weekend. Careful with the Kimmel x Spider-Man cast interview. Holland is on his spoiling **** again. This kid spills secrets worse than Jon Snow.

Back
Top Bottom