WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

3DF289CC-1FF2-4575-89AF-90089CA2F74F.gif

Rewatching CW.. I remember being in theatre during his debut action sequence like

489CD6C3-C671-489E-8C70-3D0556C01165.gif

3DF289CC-1FF2-4575-89AF-90089CA2F74F.gif

Rewatching CW.. I remember being in theatre during his debut action sequence like

489CD6C3-C671-489E-8C70-3D0556C01165.gif

I already knew dude was perfect casting.. but it was this scene that made me know know that they got the character 200% right

i mean I knew knew knew from this scene when dude dropped the “don’t bother ms romanoff, I’ll kill him myself” line.. but when he dropped the above, good lord

Last edited:
I already knew dude was perfect casting.. but it was this scene that made me know know that they got the character 200% right

i mean I knew knew knew from this scene when dude dropped the “don’t bother ms romanoff, I’ll kill him myself” line.. but when he dropped the above, good lord

When he said 'i do not care'

I knew he was goated.

Yeah after reading Coogler's tribute, if he didn't know about it at all then I don't think anyone at Marvel knew. I thought maybe some people would have found out in the last month or so when his condition worsened but Coogler said he had no clue until Friday.

Damn I love the tribute, but tired of the first black superhero mainstream. Like we just gonna forget about Blade. The disrespect. And blade wasn’t even a bad franchise

Damn I love the tribute, but tired of the first black superhero mainstream. Like we just gonna forget about Blade. The disrespect. And blade wasn’t even a bad franchise

I dig what you’re saying. I feel that when they say mainstream, they’re talking about globally iconic. I like all of you am a full fledged superhero nerd - I say that proudly - but if we went back to the release of Blade, it wasn’t as much of a huge blockbuster, but more a really great superhero film. I think that’s how they’re distinguishing the two. In fact, mainstream may be the term for Blade and it’s impact, but somehow mainstream is an understatement of Black Panther’s global impact and as a blockbuster - overstream maybe?

Just my feelings.

Black Panther first comic appearance Fantastic Four 52 in July 1966. Blade's first comic appearance in Tomb of Dracula 10 in 1973. The distinction is not being made between print and film as you would be correct that Blade was the first mainstream modern superhero film. That being said without Black Panther I doubt there would be many other black heroes that arose shortly after.

The importance of the character cannot be overstated for those who are into comics.

I mean imagine if they released a comic which coincidentally had the name antifa based on a left leaning group who battles far right groups now? It would get shut down quick with lawsuits and threats of violence being thrown around by the minute.

Regardless of how "authentic" Stan and Jack's idea of Black Panther was (two Jewish guys from New York writing about an African King) they were incredibly brave to put out a comic with a Black king who happens to have the same name as the group that according to J. Edgar Hoover was biggest threat to US national security at the time. I mean they even considered calling Black Panther "The Coal Tiger".

Screenshot_20200831-211302_Samsung Internet.jpg

All that being said the loss of Chadwick Boseman is being felt globally across cultural boundaries is genuinely surprising and heartwarming. He seemed to be a great person from the amount of love poured out by those who knew him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom