WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Me when I finally say ima start #nofap starting tomorrow
IMG_6817.jpeg

I kind of think for the average movie goer, everything led up to these two huge event movies. We got those two huge movies and then that is what has been expected by most. I mean there’s even by some reactions in here as such, and now the general audience forgot about individual stories and expects, at times, too much from them.

To me, this is going more like game of thrones

First couple seasons, they had whole multiple episodes of them traveling and the things that happened on those journeys

Then as the show got worst you literally saw the cutting corners of things with them showing up in different parts of westoros in the blink of an eye

While muliverse and the build up to certain stories was/is obvious to me

Just seems like stuff is happening and the weight that should be there just isn’t.. and far too often you got randoms pulling crap out of they €[€[ and coming up huge in big moments (aquafina shooting that arrow, for example)

It could play out into a whole emotional arc for Rhodey that can further develop his character since he doesn’t have Tony to play off of anymore and will be a main character from here on out.
Why do people think during Civil War not after? After would make more sense.
He was in the same hospital gown they showed him getting an MRI/CT scan at the end of civil war.

It could play out into a whole emotional arc for Rhodey that can further develop his character since he doesn’t have Tony to play off of anymore and will be a main character from here on out.

He was in the same hospital gown they showed him getting an MRI/CT scan at the end of civil war.
Maybe he went back for a re-evaluation during Thor Love and Thunder and Ms Marvel series. I’d get re-evaluated too after that garbage.

Yeah if during, i'm fine with the high emotion Rhodey must be feeling and if we see him deal with that, but again Gravik was working for Fury on cleanup after Endgame, so don't know if he started his planning before that.

Yeah, with Iger commenting on the amount of content being pushed out with the same level of quality. Things will be a lot slower, IMO.

It'll all work out in the end. I have to believe the quality of the next MCU projects (Those that just began) will be better.
They need to just go ahead and shelf Agatha and Echo. Nobody was clamoring for either show, even before Iger stepped back into the fold.

Can't wait until 3033 for the X-Men to finally be in the MCU.

And by that point, the X-Men team they will be talking about is Cable.

The movie is going to be about him going back in time to kill a teenage mutant named Russ and hell run into Deadpool and Domino.

And the reason why he is doing this is to prevent the death of his daughter Hope.

Russ kills his wife and daughter Hope, so to prevent that hes going to go back in time.

For me, after Endgame nothing else really "mattered".

Our heroes saved the world against the biggest threat ever. They brought back half the world after they were blipped. I don't know what tops that right away as a fan.

Phase 4 wasn't bad, but covid delays and then underwhelming Black Widow, Eternals, and I'd say Multiverse of Madness was a bit of a disappointment too. Shang-Chi was good, No Way Home was awesome but definitely felt like a Spiderman movie not a Marvel one, but I think Thor Love and Thunder really killed a lot of the excitement for me. Black Panther 2 was as good as expected, but Chadwick dying also hurt that movie tremendously.

And the shows are awful. If Wandavision is considered one of the best ones, then that's tough. It's absolutely overkill. I think it was a misstep. You can't have a series be important enough to the overall franchise/plot/universe because if people don't watch the series, then they won't care about the movies as much. You also can't ask the average moviegoer to watch all these limited Disney Plus shows. So the shows have to either be their own thing, or matter just enough to the plot of the overall story, so if you miss the shows you can still enjoy the movies.

They're also not telling a cohesive story anymore. Phase 4 wasn't about anything.. okay so now we don't care about the phases. Introduce a guy who is supposed to be the next big bad but he's underwhelming in Ant Man? Okay but he can take many forms and blah blah, okay but when we met him he was lame. The biggest issue is the movies HAVE to be good now. Yeah, the MCU had some stinkers, but that was also earlier on and you could typically expect any MCU movie to be entertaining, good quality, and important to building towards a greater story. So now we have all these movies that are of mixed quality, PLUS all these random shows, AND we aren't building towards anything that's exciting.

I get they're in a weird spot, how to move forward after the saved the universe... but I think a combination of lack of cohesive overarching plot and mixed quality... PLUS the Disney+ dumpster fire of shows, it caused this malaise about the MCU. I think the Franchise Four will help.. X-Men will be huge.. but they're just lost. The Multiverse was a cool concept, but they're losing their touch. I also get that not EVERYTHING has to be leading up to an Endgame level event, I get that. You can't tell the same kind of stories either, because then it would just be compared to the Infinity Saga, but Phase 4 was absolutely underwhelming.. along with oversaturation.. and that's how we got to this point.

This. Nothing really feels like it matters. Ask the movies before infinity war and endgame felt like it had ramifications....

They also really botched Kang getting done in by some ants. Not even the post credit scene really saved it. Can't have your next big bad looking like a sucka right out the gate.

This. Nothing really feels like it matters. Ask the movies before infinity war and endgame felt like it had ramifications....
SonI have to ask yall, did you feel like it mattered when it was revealed that Trevor Slattery wasn’t actually The Mandarin?

Why do people think during Civil War not after? After would make more sense.
It still robs the character either way.

Rhodes getting out and discovering Tony is dead, Tony had a whole daughter, half the world was blipped away and came back, etc. just to get thrown in to an Armor Wars movie is wild.

I have to see how this master plan comes together. They lucky the main (s) so far controls and can manipulate time.

SonI have to ask yall, did you feel like it mattered when it was revealed that Trevor Slattery wasn’t actually The Mandarin?
They’re lying.

Only the cools stuff that they liked mattered.

the main important thing was Civil War. Everything else was just getting to Infinity War

Back
Top Bottom