WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Rumored plot of the Spidey film but i sounds like someone stayed up late binging the cartoon

I saw Devin Faraci's tweet about the villains for the upcoming Spider-Man. I have some information about the villains. Do keep in mind that Devin and my sources don't know much as the script is still being worked on and will likely still be worked on, so you should never expect these things as final until official word comes out.

The main villain will actually be Norman Osborn with J. Jonah Jameson and Scorpion also being featured. The film will have him declaring Spider-Man a public menace and placing a very public bounty on his head. The bounty draws out various criminals. Many of these criminals will not become the villains they become, but we will see Sandman, Electro, and even Mysterio before they become villains. Jonah hires Mac Gargan, who is not Scorpion yet but rather a PI.

During a tailing of Spider-Man, Gargan starts to learn more about Spider-Man and gets close to finding out who he is. However we find out Spider-Man knew all along. He finds out Jonah hired him and webs Gargan to the outside of the Daily Bugle, mocking both Jonah and Gargan. Both have a massive ego and are driven by this to defeat and expose Spider-Man.

Norman Osborn, who believes Spider-Man is his property and wants Spider-Man back; sees on the news of Gargan's defeat. He pulls up Gargan's medical records and deems him fit for his program. He offers to enhance Gargan with what is the Scorpion armor and formula. Norman, Jonah, and Gargan agree to take down Spider-Man.

Mac becomes Scorpion and is commanded by Jonah and Osborn to bring Spider-Man to them. At this point, Scorpion becomes the primary villain He nearly defeats Spider-Man once at Mid-Town High School, but Spider-Man escapes, the second time Gargan defeats Spider-Man and brings him to Osborn and Jonah.

Jonah simply wants to expose Spider-Man, but sees that Osborn and Gargan plan on testing on Spider-Man/Peter and find out why he was a success so Osborn can create super powered villains to sell to HYDRA. Realizing that Spider-Man is a force for good, Jonah frees him and they both escape. Once Peter is awake he takes Jonah back to the Daily Bugle.

Final fight is at Daily Bugle as Scorpion has been enhanced further by Osborn is now insane and simply wants to kill Spider-Man and Jonah. Spider-Man defeats Scorpion.

The film ends with Norman wanting to proceed with using a formula, but as word has gotten out about Scorpion, he is only able to test the formula on himself.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/HulkstaTheatre/news/?a=127702

Sounds like a classic spidey story to me. I'd be down for this. :nthat:  

Yeah someone was watching the cartoon and this sounds wonderful

Cliffs: Spidey was always in the plans (queue lamekilla) for CW, Spidey and AntMan are comic reliefs and BP comes into play early on the film and is in no one's side.

Though it wasn’t announced that Spider-Man will be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe until a few months before Captain America: Civil War had started filming, co-director Anthony Russo has now revealed that the Web-slinger was always a part of the highly-anticipated Marvel threequel.

“From the second we had the idea to do the story of Civil War, Spider-Man was a part of the story,” said Russo at the Comic-Con Experience in São Paulo, Brazil last weekend. “It was a very complicated business arrangement for Marvel Studios to be able to use Spider-Man from Sony. So, we were always told by Marvel ‘Don't count on it, you may not get to use Spider-Man, so you better have a plan B’ And we were like ‘Okay, we get it, we have a plan B if don't get Spider-Man; we'll figure the movie out’. But the truth is, we never had a plan B. We only have envisioned the movie with Spider-Man. He was always a part of the story. It was very important to us to reintroduce the character.” Russo continued, explaining why this portrayal of the Web-slinger will be treasured: “We cast him young, Tom Holland is a young actor; a teen himself, and we really liked playing into that nature of the character and we think it makes him very special in the universe of the Marvel characters. I think people are really gonna love Spider-Man in this film.”

Things certainly sound promising for the new Spider-Man portrayed by Tom Holland, even with his own standalone movie which hits theaters on July 28, 2017. Devin Faraci of Birth.Movies.Death recently posted to Twitter that he’s “hearing really positive things about the new Spider-Man movie, including whispers of a GREAT villain choice.” The journo later tweeted that the solo movie sounds like it’s going to be “very small, very interested in Peter Parker.”

Back to Civil War.

“The film definitely has a more serious tone I think than any other Marvel [Studios] movie yet,” said Anthony Russo of Captain America: Civil War at the Comic-Con Experience in São Paulo, Brazil. “And that's kind of natural to the process because you're really gonna turn these heroes, who have been friends and partners, against one another. and if we're gonna have them fight for a whole movie to the end, there has to be a serious issue because these are smart people, they're likeable people; they're not villains, they're good guys. And so you have to think very hard about a very complex situation that's gonna put them in conflict with one another for an entire movie.”

Even if Civil War might be Marvel Studios’ most serious movie, it wouldn’t be one without some comic relief which, according to Anthony Russo, will be executed by characters that appear later. “At the same time, not all the characters in the movie have the same investment in the conflict,” he explained. “There are certain characters that come into the story a little later who don't have the same baggage that the Avengers have in terms of what's going on in the film. So they don't have as much darkness to deal with in the film, so they can be a little lighter and more fun. I think the movie has a healthy balance between very serious, interesting and very surprising storytelling, and sort of light, fun wits and humor.” As declared in the headline, Russo confirms “characters like Spider-Man and Ant-Man enter the story a little later” and bring the laughs.

One character who will help carry out the serious tone for Captain America: Civil War is none other than the Black Panther played by Chadwick Boseman, who, like Spider-Man, will get his standalone movie (scheduled for February 16, 2018). “Black Panther is, first of all, an amazing character,” said Anthony Russo. “We couldn't be more excited to bring him to the screen for the first time. He's very central to the story. He comes into the story pretty early, but what's great about Black Panther in this film is all the other characters break down into two sides - Captain America's side and Iron Man's side. Black Panther never quite chooses a side, he’s sort of on his own side for the whole movie which makes him very cool in this storytelling.” That underlined bit is very intriguing.

Finally, Anthony Russo discussed how he and Joe Russo manage to balance so many superheroes in one movie while still giving focus to the Sentinel of Liberty. “It's really difficult,” Russo started. “They're all amazing characters, we and the fans love all these characters. They're played by amazing actors, so as filmmakers and storytellers, we have to give all those characters their due. You have to come to this movie; you've got your favorite characters. You want to see them do something amazing, have fun with them, be surprised by them. Our job as storytellers to figure out how to give you that experience. Some people have more prominent roles than others in the movie; Captain America has the most prominent role. Iron Man is the next most prominent role because he has that primary point of view that's pushing against Captain America in the film. And then the other characters kind of fill in around them, but I think all of them have great moments. So, whoever you love, hopefully you'll leave the movie happy.” As for two of those characters, the Vision and Scarlet Witch, who have a romantic entanglement in the comics, Russo teases that “They both have strong stories that will cross at some point in Civil War.”

Last edited:
I think my reaction after Tomorrowland was "what the **** was that?". Not that I hated it, they just didn't do a great job getting us to buy into that world.

Cliffs: Spidey was always in the plans (queue lamekilla) for CW, Spidey and AntMan are comic reliefs and BP comes into play early on the film and is in no one's side.
According to everyone else, Spidey was gone reduce BP time
eyes.gif

^I wouldn't be surprised. The moment Marvel was able to use Spidey, BP kinda was pushed to the side lol.

That Spidey movie plot sounds like a mix of the Ultimate comics and the 90s cartoon :lol: Hope JK comes back to play Jonah even more now.

:lol: Not really believing the Russo bros. If they really had no plan B without Spidey involved they would've quickly discovered they're not directing Cap 2.

Iron Fist needs its iron Fist
Still early to announce. Especially if he won't show up in Cage's show.

Black panther over Spider-Man anyday

tumblr_n7zzpd30aZ1qzdfwko1_400.gif
Depends on how you look at it. Surface level or based on something.

Looking at the comics, I can totally see why ppl would prefer BP over Spidey. On a surface level, going off descriptions I can also see ppl going with the king of an advanced African nation over the kid or man with spider powers operating in NYC.

Obviously Spidey has the bigger media presence on several platforms.

Last edited:
Really hoping my homie pulls through on this one. I NEED to be involved in this Spider-Man film!

You need a Lamekilla tee that says "Lamekilla was right!". Wear it everyday on set so we can spot you in the film

Russo bros. said something about the suit Spidey is wearing in the movie. Yall dudes who made that Iron Spidey suit bet better beware.

Spider-Man got ruined for me in the first movies of his specifically Spider-Man 3... Way to much crying in that movie makes Spider-Man way to soft in my opinion
Black panther over spidey all day

Nah I'm all in for Spidey, but I think the character of Peter Parker is what's played out to me. We've seen too much of him.

Russo bros. said something about the suit Spidey is wearing in the movie. Yall dudes who made that Iron Spidey suit bet better beware.

I know a certain black and red costume that would look amazing on the big screen :wink:

Back
Top Bottom