WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

How old is Steve? Those years in the ice count?

:lol:
They count :lol:

@Master Zik

Curious if you know this --

In the comics, how old are Steve and Tony?

Does Bleeding Edge extend Tony's life? Does the Super Soldier serum extend Steve's?
In the comics, Steve is over 100 as of 2016. This because his origin is rooted in WW2.

Time works differently in the comics so Tony doesn't even age yearly, same way the other heroes don't. I'd say he's in his 40s but he's been through a lot of weird **** like a teenage version of himself merging with an adult pocket dimension version of himself which is still the current Tony Stark so he could be in his late 30s.

Bleeding edge and extremis probably did extend his life or slow his aging but he no longer has those. In the MCU, I'd say he's in his 40s too. Think his birth year is '71.

Watching GOTG again today and I hope Apocalypse killed the loud preachy villain with no depth. And fix Drax and Gamorra being so underpowered. No more dance scenes please. If they do it right this could be the new space epic saga for a generation.

I don't even pay attention to age in comic books. Same for when I watch shows like The Simpsons. You kind of just experience the characters at the age you were introduced to them as forever. Sometimes you get stories of when they were younger or older, but they're not going to age and die of natural causes. :lol:

Age only really matters for the characters that are introduced as younger heroes, such as Robin and Kid Flash. Those are the heroes that'll grow up to the point that it matters, after which they'll pretty much hit the same issue as their mentors and remain the same age outside of a universal retcon.

Hell I remember that Tim Drake (Robin #3) who is 16 now, was mentioned as being 17 before the Flashpoint reboot. I went back and counted the events that happened, how long they took place, and added up the years from them to his age when he was introduced and in-universe he should've been at least 20 :lol:

Watching GOTG again today and I hope Apocalypse killed the loud preachy villain with no depth. And fix Drax and Gamorra being so underpowered. No more dance scenes please. If they do it right this could be the new space epic saga for a generation.
I liked Ronan. He was menacing imo especially how he back talked Thanos and all that. He just died in a dumb way.

Batman and Superman were established as firmly 29 years old back in the 80s. When he was introduced in the 30s, Batman was explicitly 23.

Tim Drake was introduced at age 13 and Grayson at 12.

Nightwing and Wally West (both formerly kid sidekicks) at his oldest have probably been around 25 at the most. Wally explicitly became the Flash at age 19. Tim Drake has likely never hit 20.

Spider-Man started out as 15, went to college, graduated late, and dropped out of grad school.

I believe Marvel has established that something like 12 years has passed since the introduction of the Fantastic Four, putting Spidey in his late 20s. I could be wrong about that.

DC appears to be re-adding 10 years of history with Rebirth.

Last edited:
Age only really matters for the characters that are introduced as younger heroes, such as Robin and Kid Flash. Those are the heroes that'll grow up to the point that it matters, after which they'll pretty much hit the same issue as their mentors and remain the same age outside of a universal retcon.

Hell I remember that Tim Drake (Robin #3) who is 16 now, was mentioned as being 17 before the Flashpoint reboot. I went back and counted the events that happened, how long they took place, and added up the years from them to his age when he was introduced and in-universe he should've been at least 20 :lol:

Marvel characters age. Its like every 4 our years is 1 to them or something. Gotta read up on the Kitty Pryde scale age scale again

http://observationdeck.kinja.com/the-pryde-scale-or-fun-with-aging-in-the-marvel-univers-1682155314

Batman and Superman were established as firmly 29 years old back in the 80s. When he was introduced in the 30s, Batman was explicitly 23.

Tim Drake was introduced at age 13 and Grayson at 12.

Nightwing and Wally West (both formerly kid sidekicks) at his oldest have probably been around 25 at the most. Wally explicitly became the Flash at age 19. Tim Drake has likely never hit 20.

Spider-Man started out as 15, went to college, graduated late, and dropped out of grad school.

I believe Marvel has established that something like 12 years has passed since the introduction of the Fantastic Four, putting Spidey in his late 20s. I could be wrong about that.

DC appears to be re-adding 10 years of history with Rebirth.

Nightwing was around 28 Pre-Flashpoint, but just like with Tim that's if you're actually counting the years that pass in the story with each event such as One Year Later. In terms of age its fairly rare for anyone's age to be explicitly mentioned (Bruce is currently 32, Richard 21, and Tim 16 though).

Rochard Grayson and many other Teen Titans, along with Peter Parker over in Marvel are the most notable examples of aging, since they grew up and stayed grown up, facing adult problems and such. For people like Reed Richards, Bruce Banner, Clark Kent, and Bruce Wayne they're all adults already so you can have writers easily depict them as basically being the same between their 30s and 40s. It's only when you start to give them families that you get to a point where you need to have them be a certain age for it to make sense.

People like Steve, Tony, and Magneto are dated by the fact that their origins rely on historical events for them to exist. But writers get around that with stuff like the previously mentioned Teen Tony, cloning, body switching, and de-aging. Hell for Tony they just keep changing which war he was originally wounded in. :lol:

Last edited:
I just go with the 12-13 years passing since the F4 appeared which plenty Marvel editors go by.

DC is different and probably matter less due to the amount of retcons, hard and soft reboots they've done. It just gets dumb when they tell you it's been 5 years since Batman started doing his thing and he has had like 6 Robins in that time.

They've long ditched Tony's origin being attached to any historical moments same with the F4. For Tony it's any conflict involving his weapons. They did the same for the Punisher.

Last edited:
Brie is cute and has wondrous titty meat.

Hope she continues to flourish.

Last edited:
She just pretty enough to know she has a good personality and good "skills" to make up for her averageness but still be smashable.

Wifey material

down

Back
Top Bottom