WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I was about to say my first time wasn't that great but then I noticed you said first time raw :lol:

I get what you're saying but I've re-watched Avengers plenty of times since 2012. While obviously it's not the same as the first time my opinion of the movie hasn't dipped.

Ok so whats wrong with the film?

Me and a bunch of cousins went to go watcht that movie, and I didnt understand the buildup at all. Only hardcore fans knew abou tthe whole MCU thing they were trying to build upon. I was a casual movie goer and I didnt see any of the previous movies. I enjoyed the living hell our of that movie, and still to this day I can consider it the almost perfect superhero blockbuster. When I walked out that theater I turned to my eldest cousin that was there and said "yo, that was one of the best movies Ive ever seen"

The story, the script, and the pacing in the movie was damn near flawless. The final battle for Manhattan had some of the best set pieces Ive ever seen even to this day.

You absolutely cannot say that movie wasnt at a minimum a 9/10. It's ludacris for anyone in here to say otherwise.

I can easily say that this movie isn't a 9/10

But in your example, the experience had nothing to do with the movie :lol:

The experience has everything to do with why the Avengers is held to such a high acclaim, and even to some of my enjoyment of it. Follow along now. My point is that aside from the experience and buildup, the film itself isn't one of the greatest of all time. It's easy to seperate my experience in watching it from the quality of the film. The circle shot of the Avengers was epic. Wouldn't have been as epic if we didn't get the buidup. That's apart of the experience. However, how Hawkeye was treated was trash. I can easily separate the two.

The experience has everything to do with why the Avengers is held to such a high acclaim, and to my enjoyment of it. Follow along now. It's easy to seperate that from the quality of the film.
Lol I'm talking about when you hated that time when you watched Paranormal Activity because of the crowd. That has nothing to do with the movie.

In my case, my experience was great and that had everything to do with the quality of the film

Lol I'm talking about when you hated that time when you watched Paranormal Activity because of the crowd. That has nothing to do with the movie.

In my case, my experience was great and that had everything to do with the quality of the film

It has nothing to do with my statement. You said I can't separate the experience from the movie. Which I said I can easily do. My experience was trash, but the movie was good. Simple.

Yea but you used an outlier example and that's unfair. So are you saying it's possible to have a great time watching a not great movie not because of external variables like company?

You keep mentioning the buildup. You know the buildup really wouldn't have mattered if the execution of the movie was poor?

Because Infinity War has been built up for 10 years now. When you build up something for that long, it's got to deliver or you're going to get backlash. So the execution of the movie has to be on point. Same applied to Avengers 1 when that came out.

Last edited:
BP jewelry: https://www.douriean.com/blackpantherjewelry

wanted the hat but its $166
black-panther-jewelry-2222.jpg

black-panther-jewelry-1333333.jpg

black-panther-jewelry-11111.jpg

black-panther-jewelry-1421-1.jpg

Better be made out of vibranium for that price!

AMC updated their pictures for the Black Panther, I’m like 90% sure tickets will go on sale Monday!
4C0CFE87-A2D5-4C03-9461-A525984F856B.jpeg

Yea but you used an outlier example and that's unfair. So are you saying it's possible to have a great time watching a not great movie not because of external variables like company?

You keep mentioning the buildup. You know the buildup really wouldn't have mattered if the execution of the movie was poor?

Not even gonna lie, the double negative you got going in that first sentence is confusing me.

The buildup would've mattered because I feel as if the movie has gotten a pass because of our familiarity with the characters. If we didn't see those characters other films, I think the reception of the film changes completely.

Maybe some people would give passes but if you build up something for so long you set a bar that the audience will come to expect the movie to meet.

If IW is AoU quality there's going to be so much backlash :lol:

I would argue that the more a movie is built up the better the movie has to be or it's going to catch flack on some 'this is what we been waiting for?' type steez

Maybe some people would give passes but if you build up something for so long you set a bar that the audience will come to expect the movie to meet.

If IW is AoU quality there's going to be so much backlash :lol:

I would argue that the more a movie is built up the better the movie has to be or it's going to catch flack on some 'this is what we been waiting for?' type steez

The bar wasn't that high tho because everything after IM1 was pretty much close to being a dud, so at that point anything better than that is a W. The hype around Avengers was whether the experiment was gonna fail or not, not necessarily what folks wanted in the movie and all that. We were so hype about this happening and hoping it was gonna work.

IW is a little different. Marvel has now shown us that they can give us consistent quality and they can't just rely on the buildup from everything that's happened. It's gonna almost have to be beyond a great movie. Thanos is gonna have to kill people, it can't have so much humor, it's gotta have a proper runtime blah blah. This movie is more about the quality of the film than the experiment paying off.

Nah bruh. That's one complaint. I'm not reviewing the film yet. Keep your popcorn ready.

The bar wasn't that high tho because everything after IM1 was pretty much close to being a dud, so at that point anything better than that is a W. The hype around Avengers was whether the experiment was gonna fail or not, not necessarily what folks wanted in the movie and all that. We were so hype about this happening and hoping it was gonna work.

IW is a little different. Marvel has now shown us that they can give us consistent quality and they can't just rely on the buildup from everything that's happened. It's gonna almost have to be beyond a great movie. Thanos is gonna have to kill people, it can't have so much humor, it's gotta have a proper runtime blah blah. This movie is more about the quality of the film than the experiment paying off.
So you're arguing that Avengers 1 had all the benefits from the build up with none of the potential drawbacks from said build up. Lol you're mentioning that people was getting hyped to see if the experiment would fail. How can you get hyped without having certain expectations you want met? I guess.....

I will agree with you that the hype for IW is different than the hype for Avengers 1 but that's it, I highly disagree with everything else. Anytime hype is built you have to be able to deliver.

Think of it like this; watch a comedian's act alone and then watch it with an audience.

Not considering great comedians but you'll see the difference between the two experiences with an average comic. Its similar with seeing things in theater and alone, again not counting classic movies.

Now Avengers may not have dipped for you but it has many others. To me the experience, the feat of it, and the meaning of that being accomplished was better than the movie itself.

As for specifics, Loki was ****ing lame to me. I still don't get to this day why ppl were praising his performance like he did anything more than suitable. Then alien invasion ****, chitauri was whack. Hawkeye being in it at all.

Other than that its a really good movie but not no top 5. Especially when we're 10 years later.

As for replay value, not a lot of it I'm rewatching.

First avengers is def top 3 for me within the MCU. Such a great time and it really fills in that "superhero blockbuster" description nicely.

Cant say the same about AOU though

Still cant get past Cap suit lol but you can definitely tell that physically we wasnt the same fighter

Thor's power is severely watered down and Hawkeye just takes up space lol

Good movie but definitely isnt as rewatchable as others

Back
Top Bottom