WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Anyone catch it at the Grand Lake Theater in Oakland last night? Heard Ryan Coogler made an appearance.

Quick question.

Would people consider offensive if a non black person wore a dashiki to the premiere ? I’m seeing all these memes not one white person stepping out of line yet

I saw a white kid dressed up as BP with the mask and everything,, no problem with that. I think its actually cool

but when they try to dress in traditional Africa attire, thats full blown *** cultural appropriation and I hate that

It was so cool how they intertwined so much of Kendrick’s Black Panther soundtrack into the movie as well as using the rhythms and beats for portions of the score.

I need to watch a second and third time.

I saw a white kid dressed up as BP with the mask and everything,, no problem with that. I think its actually cool

but when they try to dress in traditional Africa attire, thats full blown *** cultural appropriation and I hate that

as long as persons intent is to pay homage or recognize that culture its ok

people like you need to stop redefining these terms with clinched fists

Did Ross @ Wakanda or Bucky in the post credit bother you?

not tryna see spoilers for the first time in my life. you guys think black panther will do near star wars numbers? this is like the most hyped marvel movie ive ever seen everyone is talking bout it round here
Lol to have that happen the movie will need overseas help. Movie grossed 25 million on America on Thurs so I've not doubt it's going to pull strong domestic numbers. It remains to be seen how its going to do overseas.

It will need help from a country like China. Idk how ready they are for all black film. That's just the reality

so by your definition kendrick lamar, don cheadle, migos, and pharrell, are also culture appropriating.

Culture appropriation exists, but by your definition, everyone is a culture vulture at this point

What's your race? And yes it is important

I got an older South Asian relative in a tropical (hot) climate that likes wearing Dashikis because they a) look good and b) they also keep him cool. Is he only supposed to wear short sleeve shirts and tank-tops? He's closer to 60 so going shirtless is out of the question, what are your thoughts on this?

I got an older South Asian relative in a tropical (hot) climate that likes wearing Dashikis because they a) look good and b) they also keep him cool. Is he only supposed to wear short sleeve shirts and tank-tops? He's closer to 60 so going shirtless is out of the question, what are your thoughts on this?

where the heck you came from with that question? you looking attention?

no, not at all for Ross he was invited into Wakanda, why would I have a problem with him being in Wakanda? and no Bucky was invited to live with them in Wakanda, what was he suppose to wear Russian military grade suits?

these are some stupid questions, no more please

If you listened to the soundtrack prior to watching the film, it definitely spoiled some of the movies plot points.

I have a continuity question, we know that T’Challa becomes king a week after his father’s death which is where present day the movie begins. But how long does all the coup and Killmonger/Klaw stuff go on for and how long is T’Challa king before that happens. Just want to know since this is the last thing we see before Infinity War.

no, not at all for Ross he was invited into Wakanda, why would I have a problem with him being in Wakanda? and no Bucky was invited to live with them in Wakanda, what was he suppose to wear Russian military grade suits?

these are some stupid questions, no more please
Jeez I just want to understand where you're at. The concept of "culture appropriation" isn't same to everyone. On top of that you miss understood the first question about Ross. I wasn't asking if you had a problem with him being there. I asked if you felt some type of way with the clothing? So you don't feel it's culture appropriation if they're in the other persons country I guess. Fair enough :rolleyes

:rofl: Neither had spare clothes on hand.

Quick question.

Would people consider offensive if a non black person wore a dashiki to the premiere ? I’m seeing all these memes not one white person stepping out of line yet
Not if you alone. Nobody is gonna really be in to giving that appeared Rachel Dolezal **** a pass. Not on Black Panther viewing night.

Go with the homey who should be there to cosign you it just also dressed the same. If anybody asks they can say the tribe adopted you.
Thought I could walk into a 940am showing today
3w2MWDX.png

Jtqj3GI.png
Same :rofl: :rofl:

I thought I was so smart. Friday, early in the morning, it'll be me and like 6 or 7 old ppl. Nope joint was PACKED! Had to settle for 10 am.

The Imax, 4dx, and rpx showing were all sold out except for the last one at 1am.

I was lucky to walk in a 1:30 showing that had an upper level to get a seat. Huge crowd reactions. Standing applause by the end.

Last edited:
:rofl: Neither had spare clothes on hand.
I know. :lol:
In it's essence it was kind of a dumb questions, but I was asking because I know people that get upset about that kind of stuff no matter what, especially this day in age. Just asking to see if he had an issue with the dude being white and wearing whatever, or being white and where he was at. I wasn't coming at his neck or anything.

.... but I mean it's Wakanda, they got a necklace with a full costume in it. I'm sure they could have fixed up Ross's shirt. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom