WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

And if Heimdal couldve brought him back "essentially" whenever, he wouldve gotten washed again. Remember Heimdall didn't even know where Thor was to even warn him. The purpose of Thor being on Sakaar was for his development to not rely on the hammer.

Do you not remember the post credit scene after Ragnarok when Thanos ship comes into view? lol that explains how Thanos got there. Sometimes you dont need a full blown explanation of EVERY little detail. Like did we really need to see Thanos merking Zandar? Nope

I agree on where was Korg/Valkyrie, maybe they tie it up maybe they dont.

Thor said half the Asgardians on that ship got away so I assume Korg/Valkyrie are apart of that

mann ya'll are reckless with the spoilers.. but i stayed away from this thread since last week so i can watch the movie peacefully. lmao

-bucky was overhyped.. i thought he was gonna single-handedly dust off at least one of the childrens
-thor :nthat:
-the scene with black widow x okoye x scarlet witch :nthat:
-the girl sitting next to me was crying throughout the whole movie :lol:

Reactions: Ube
Interesting way to look at it but in the theater I just got out off there where audible no’s and tears when he went. Even though we all know he will come back they got the reaction they getting the reaction they wanted (based off the small sample size of my first viewing lol)

Sone of us here think that these movies are entirely catered to us comic readers. The people who saw BP have no damn clue they're coming back and have other films. They was distraught when he faded

418DE248-5630-4250-AFE5-7333E53A27A3.jpeg

Just bought
I was wondering why you haven't been posting... But then I remembered, I had you on ignore LOL

Children of Thanos
does anyone think the black order went out a little to soft? Especially Proxima midnight and Corvus Glaive are the most feared beings in the universe
I thought that showed individually they are strong as **** but with the avengers all working as a team they can be easily defeated.

Yup. Thor’s entrance was top 3 of all time.
yo this **** was so epic. It had me so hyped when he shows up in that ***** with his you know ...

I can't wait to watch again tonight y'all.

Nah I wouldn't change a single thing about Thanos

I personally didn't mind how he was portrayed in IW. His motivations just seem kinda vanilla to me, personally.

How many villains have we already seen want to "balance", "wipe out half the Earth" in the name of the greater good?

His ENTIRE motivation was to impress Death. He was so obsessed with her that he was willing to exterminate half the universe to make her love him. Just prefer this to the kinda "meh" reasoning we eventually got in the movie.

I personally didn't mind how he was portrayed in IW. His motivations just seem kinda vanilla to me, personally.

How many villains have we already seen want to "balance", "wipe out half the Earth" in the name of the greater good?

His ENTIRE motivation was to impress Death. He was so obsessed with her that he was willing to exterminate half the universe to make her love him. Just prefer this to the kinda "meh" reasoning we eventually got in the movie.
Theory time
Thanos knew that Gamora never really "liked" him. He wants the gauntlet to wipe out the universe to "court Death". After the snap, he then see's young Gamora again. Maybe he did it to try to win over the love of Gamora because she's 'Death'

Thanos was great

So great in fact that I'm annoyed by his generic space villain portrayal in GOTG.

The dude in spite of all his power and gravitas and menace was just a man on a mission.

Josh Brolin murked that ****. Can't believe I ever doubted the casting

I have all these ideas and predictions without even seeing the movie yet (tickets for tomorrow morning and Sunday morning), but I'm guessing Captain Marvel has been back since Civil War and has kept a low profile. This will possibly explain what Fury's been up to since the ending of AOU when he was last seen working with Scumbag Steve at the new Avenger's facility.

Someone made a joke next to me, 'Are they all going for Oscars?' And got to admit, the acting was pretty top notch. As far as acting, Zoe Saldana, Chris Hemsworth, Elizabeth Olsen's acting stood out to me. Tom Holland had me in the feels toward the end as well.

Theory time
Thanos knew that Gamora never really "liked" him. He wants the gauntlet to wipe out the universe to "court Death". After the snap, he then see's young Gamora again. Maybe he did it to try to win over the love of Gamora because she's 'Death'

that's incestious :lol:

LOL

Interesting theory but sadly, if they were going to introduce Death/Thanos dynamic, this was the film to do it.

I think the course pretty set in stone that he's just a "logical, greater good" mass murderer.

Not going lie and I know we crack jokes..

But it's amazing as hell that they made tony/spidey hit a trillion times harder than steve/buck

Hell Rhoadey seemed more concerned about sam

dawg..saw it last night....movie is one of the goats.

Thanos...fam...how can anybody not like him. I mean, the avengers, anybody. Dude is dope af. Had a twist of Negan in his character makeup too. Bro is the truth. I need a model of that guantlet. Somebody find me a dope one. Not the cheap plastic one I tried on at the disney store lol.

movie was beyond flames. I got hype, hell, we all got hype, maaaaaaaaad times.

Gotta assume rocket could figure out something with shuri.. or even without her but with the stuff in wakanda

I remember all the debates leading up to yesterday, where everyone voiced their concerns about Thanos being nutured and not shown to the proper respect as a legitimate threat. Cats said they didn’t want any joke telling and just pure destruction. Cats said he better not just kill the C players, we needed high level deaths so we know the stakes are real. Now here we are, Thanos beat everyone down and killed some of the creme de la creme of our heroes and now it’s a problem. Now it’s I’m too rational to accept their deaths. Folks will never be happy. Thanos was the villain most of you complained we’ve never seen in the MCU. They delivered.

The problem with being an over the top nerd for these films is being unable to suspend disbelief. Not everybody is posting in a thread everyday about news of upcoming films. Everybody isn’t sitting there thinking about pre production to some of the Phase 4 films. And that’s exactly why Feige and crew made a point not to announce any films yet because we have to sit with these deaths until Avengers 4. And all those characters will somehow be brought back to life and they will all Avenge themselves.

I still can't fathom you NOT coming out of this and thinking it's the greatest MCU film ever.

do you not comprehend you had a movie filled with over 15 marvel characters who can ALL hold a movie on their own and it was masterfully crafted? No one set or group had more screen time than another and all was balanced.

This is top 3 MCU hands down. Better than BP no question.

Sone of us here think that these movies are entirely catered to us comic readers. The people who saw BP have no damn clue they're coming back and have other films. They was distraught when he faded
exaclty! **** I’ve seen all the movies and know how this stuff works and that he will obviously come back and it still hit me in the chest had me reach out put my hand over my mouth and some tears wellin up

I remember all the debates leading up to yesterday, where everyone voiced their concerns about Thanos being nutured and not shown to the proper respect as a legitimate threat. Cats said they didn’t want any joke telling and just pure destruction. Cats said he better not just kill the C players, we needed high level deaths so we know the stakes are real. Now here we are, Thanos beat everyone down and killed some of the creme de la creme of our heroes and now it’s a problem. Now it’s I’m too rational to accept their deaths. Folks will never be happy. Thanos was the villain most of you complained we’ve never seen in the MCU. They delivered.

The problem with being an over the top nerd for these films is being unable to suspend disbelief. Not everybody is posting in a thread everyday about news of upcoming films. Everybody isn’t sitting there thinking about pre production to some of the Phase 4 films. And that’s exactly why Feige and crew made a point not to announce any films yet because we have to sit with these deaths until Avengers 4. And all those characters will somehow be brought back to life and they will all Avenge themselves.
Maybe first and only time I'm ever repping you lol

this movie is everything I wanted and more. having been a fan of this since the late 80s and early 90s it delivered for me and then some. I didn't read any spoilers and wasn't let down at all. this is my favorite film based on a comic and also top 5 ever made. when I got home last night I had to open my old marvel comic cards. brought back a lot of memories trading these cards when I was younger. going through the first 3 series reminiscing was great. cant wait to take my son to watch it and create memories with him. when we are done at the movies I will go through my cards with him too.

Back
Top Bottom