WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

This is EXACTLY what he did with The Last Jedi. He went off the rails after praising it for 2+ years, didn't get exactly what he want, and couldn't let it go. Attack attack attack was all he could do.

Seems to be the MO he's goin for here with this one too. Shame.
Yea, I feel like there's no gray area with him. If he doesn't get exactly what he wants he's going to melt down.

Yo what the **** happened to Wanda’s accent? I’m seriously baffled.
yooo. I felt like they took it away cuz her accent wasn't working out/convincing and it might've distracted from her performance

They lightened up her accent in CW...then they just took it away completely for IW lol

Civil War was about Cap and Bucky's love story. It wasn't balanced in the least. While it was awesome, IW did much more to showcase all the characters evenly.

Why waste 10-15 minutes showing how Thanos blew up the asgardian ship? We saw how it ended in Ragnarok, so we knew where it was going. Lame you really need EVERYTHING drawn out for you? Whatever happened to the old cinema art of insinuation? Showing how he got the Power Stone would only drag this movie to the 3 hour mark. This is fan service but at its BEST.

Lame you're the epitome of the unsatisfied fanboy. You act like this was the Phantom Menace. I'm sure you had issues with TDK and Star Trek Into The Darkness which was a complete cater to fanboys. This was epic. This was The Godfather Pt II. Citizen Kane. Schindler's List.

But like you said everyone's got different flavors so we'll all agree to disagree with you and your expectations. To me as a long retired comic book fan this is my childhood dream come true hands down.

This may take the spot away from TDK as GOAT.
You gotta understand that the majority of people that are going too see this aren’t us. Meaning that they need things spelled out. Just off the box office alone we know that far more people are going to see infinity war then saw Rag. A lot of people just don’t know.

You gotta understand that the majority of people that are going too see this aren’t us. Meaning that they need things spelled out. Just off the box office alone we know that far more people are going to see infinity war then saw Rag. A lot of people just don’t know.
Yea my sister and I had a discussion about that this morning. I feel like with a movie of this scale, you can't worry about hand holding newbie fans. If you do that, the movie will be 5 hours long lol. I feel like starting with CW, Marvel studios made the decision to just assume fans are well prepared for these team up movies.

Marvel Studios operates more like a tv show than a movie franchise. Take something like a show like a season finale of Breaking Bad. Obviously for that season finale, the showrunners are going to worry more about putting together a good season finale than easing new/casual fans in.

I kinda feel bad for the actress playing Mantiss. Because of her accent, people are laughing at almost every single line, even if its not meant to be a joke

Anyone hyped for Captain Marvel

They're really setting her up hard to be the punch card.

I'm not hyped, but I can see why others are. They're putting pressure on themselves doing what they did. She's gonna have show up and impress in her film

Yea my sister and I had a discussion about that this morning. I feel like with a movie of this scale, you can't worry about hand holding newbie fans. If you do that, the movie will be 5 hours long lol. I feel like starting with CW, Marvel studios made the decision to just assume fans are well prepared for these team up movies.

Marvel Studios operates more like a tv show than a movie franchise. Take something like a show like a season finale of Breaking Bad. Obviously for that season finale, the showrunners are going to worry more about putting together a good season finale than easing new/casual fans in.
Yup.

Yesterday I was low key tight like “man they didn’t even show him getting the power gem”

Then I thought “ are they really gonna add another 20-30 minutes of movie for that”?”

Given the scale of this film and his power level it’s understandable that we gotta move the story along. This ain’t lord of the rings.

Yup.

Yesterday I was low key tight like “man they didn’t even show him getting the power gem”

Then I thought “ are they really gonna add another 20-30 minutes of movie for that”?”

Given the scale of this film and his power level it’s understandable that we gotta move the story along. This ain’t lord of the rings.
Yea they really had to move the story along...the movie moved at a brisk pace mostly and only stalled a little in the middle. And the movie was still 2 hours 40 minutes.

They said the assembly cut (the cut before the rough cut) of A4 is longer than the assembly cut for IW. So A4 has the potential to be even longer lol

She’s gotta be OPPPPPPPPP
I can't wait. I've been looking forward to her movie even before I knew Brie Larson was casted.

It got me so hyped when
Nick knew **** hit the fan and the FIRST person he thought of was Captain Marvel. She better deliver!

Thanos got to be real and using the Reality Stone right now. Only explanation as to why ameL making sense today.

Hell Froze Over
Well I have to get all my real thoughts on the movie out the way because starting May 1st I'm about to be Zik's puppet :rolleyes

I'm just happy he was nice enough to give me a grace period.

what was it about though?

what happened for you to lose?

i've practically been off the thread for a week

what was it about though?

what happened for you to lose?

i've practically been off the thread for a week
Tony and Cap didn't even have a scene together...and I had some specifics about how their meeting in IW was going to go like. Bro this bet was made 3 years ago I believe. You knew about it but you probably just forgot cuz it was a while ago

MoviePass no longer lets you see the same movie more than once

MoviePass just instituted a new change to its terms of service and the company will now prevent subscribers from seeing the same movie more than once. iMore spotted the update and reports that the new limitation will apply to all subscribers, new and existing. MoviePass' website says, "We recently updated our Terms of Service to reflect that MoviePass subscribers are only permitted to see a select movie in theaters once with your MoviePass. We hope this will encourage you to see new movies and enjoy something different!"

NOT RIGHT WHEN IW COMES OUT!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom