WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Disney Specifically Names DARK PHOENIX As Being A Huge Factor In Its Quarterly Losses

Earlier today, we told you that Disney has decided to focus on Fox properties like Avatar and Planet of the Apes after reporting some significant losses during its latest quarterly earnings call with shareholders. Now, it's been revealed that the final X-Men movie, Dark Phoenix, was a major contributing factor to that after it flopped at the box office.

With a budget of over $200 million, Dark Phoenix only ended up earning $253 million worldwide and suffered a huge loss as a result (especially after factoring in marketing costs and the like).

Disney posted a $170 million operating loss in its fiscal third quarter and you'd best believe that a large chunk of that is thanks to the Simon Kinberg helmed release.

Reminder that a lot of the cast REFUSED to sign their contracts unless Kinberg was directing :rofl:

I need to understand the specifics of when their fiscal quarter occur and how is it exactly how Disney recorded an overall loss mainly because of 1 movie, when they had Endgame.

I need to understand the specifics of when their fiscal quarter occur and how is it exactly how Disney recorded an overall loss mainly because of 1 movie, when they had Endgame.
I think it's throughout the entire company. Not just the films.

Disney parks lost revenue even with the opening of Star Wars land and they were banking on making big money through that.

5711C2FF-B620-4AD9-AE62-EEF77943B971.gif

54C8068A-1797-48CB-8B02-33047BF0E058.gif

835E8D1F-569D-45CC-AD6E-2F8AE7D31EB3.gif

EAD95291-BD5B-4859-85D8-E5D3411B670E.gif

If true, I'll go with the overall acting and want Garfield for the role. Feel he'd do much better with the craziness of Moon Knight and the multiple personalities of Spector.

I will say JGL does have the edge on action scenes and portraying the brutal physicality of MK.

I just watched Dumbo. I thought it was alright.
W/o Timothy Q. Mouse, live action dumbo was cheeks. Why even waste budget with no mouse. Should've never made the movie.

Like making a Pinocchio movie and leaving out Jiminy Cricket. Like...why tho?

Back
Top Bottom