WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I didnt like that either considering weve seen him fight multiple times and he not that nice, they really been letting Walker get too much offense off on the Dudley Boyz
I think for the sake of the story and drama, they are making Bucky hold back. Otherwise, Walker would have been dead the moment their fight began.

Also remembered that Bucky admitting to Sam that the Winter Soldier is still inside him, when he was talking about his nightmares.

I mean Bucky was pretty much a robot/zombie.. he’s not going be THAT strong

we even saw how him getting his mind back affected him in that movie

but I agree he’s holding back.. but he’s clearly going through stuff and has a ton of guilt

Fitting "end" for now for Zemo to not totally undermine the significance of what he did in CA:CW.

And I thought it's been pretty clear Buck's been holding back for some time. It was nice to see Sam hit him with some tough love to show the writers acknowleding why he's been so nerf'd.

Walker making that bootleg shield though. Should've just ordered a replica from my boy:lol:

My only issue with the show so far is how Bucky regressed in combat . Dude was equal to cap in the winter soldier and civil war but now is getting beat up by a dude that took the ss serum 2 days prior . Was all his skills only activated when he was the winter soldier ?

Definitely believe he's holding back and afraid of becoming the winter soldier again.

My only issue with the show so far is how Bucky regressed in combat . Dude was equal to cap in the winter soldier and civil war but now is getting beat up by a dude that took the ss serum 2 days prior . Was all his skills only activated when he was the winter soldier ?

I think that conversation Sam had with Bucky at the end was for him to release the Winter Soldier again, but a version that he can control.

So I believe all the regressed combat was done on purpose until he unlocked the side of him he's been scared to let out.
I'm pretty sure next episode we're going to see a scene of him talking to the old Asian man and that will give him closure and we'll see the Winter Soldier come back.

I think all the super soldiers are holding back. Karlie looked shocked when she One Punch Man’ed Smiles and Southstar.

More and more, the pacing and movement of this series pales compared to Wandavision (which I suspect was far more completed before pandemic halted everything). 5 episodes in, I still don't get the Flagsmashers, and don't find Karli sympathetic at all. The word that the series was centered around a virus outbreak plot and then recut to be about nonrefugee refugees in a really tenuous global politics story doesn't help.

Sam and Buck's interplay have carried the show. Zemo been fantastic. That dynamic between the three of them has been done well.

Sharon's involvement was way oversold. Some of the production value seems "stretched" at times (admittedly, just like Wandavision) where it doesn't quite appear MCU-movie quality and you can tell you're getting a slightly diluted product. On his own, Sam has seemed indecisive and a complete 180 from the Cap-identity highly suggested at the end of EG.

It's struck a lot of great chords, including increased social awareness and incorporating the real-life backstory to characters we get to otherwise see fly high on screen every two years. I wish, though, I could articulate better what is falling flat about this series for me.

It would've been cool to see a flashback scene of Isaiah in action when he was telling his story?

Do you guys think they'll explain where Old Man Cap went? or will they leave that open-ended to retcon in the future?

Lol so i ended up watching it 2am last night, my puppy woke me up to potty and the idea of the new ep dropping just kept me up so i decided to watch. Man the Isaiah segment is so conflicting, but i totally empathize his viewpoint. But in Sam's world, this is the opportunity to be the face of America as a black man. I love the conflict, and his sister is polar of Isaiah's viewpoint and it's apparent what he'll do.

could Steve be in Wakanda? feel like Zemo basically set up his own capture, must be some reason he'd go willingly.

Bruh after that talk with Isaiah I don't even get how Marvel could give Sam the shield and make him Cap.
You say this as if Marvel did write all of this into existence. :lol: I take it as Sam was low key right for not taking it, but for the wrong reasons. He was on some “I’m not good enough” , Isaiah is on some “the country isn’t good enough. But, Clarence, being the man he is, is going to take the opportunity to prove the “bitter old man” wrong.

I get what everyone’s saying - originally I though there’s no way Bucky should be getting washed.

8B658AC9-C4B5-448D-BD22-F3A2CCCF78E7.gif
D6CBC332-2FA2-4385-B4F1-A60C1777DFE8.gif
C051011D-EEB5-46F0-85BD-4A2094B7517A.gif

Then I remembered Civil War and how they showed all those other super soldiers were beating the breaks off him. With dudes training and experience PLUS the super soldier serum, he SHOULD be able to put the boots to Bucky.

could Steve be in Wakanda? feel like Zemo basically set up his own capture, must be some reason he'd go willingly.

Even if Steve is, they are NOT taking Zemo to Wakanda.
Ayo said the "raft" which is where all of Cap's crew were held as prisoners in Civil War.

PO

I thought the raft was a US thing. Why is Wakanda picking him up just to give him to the states?

It would've been cool to see a flashback scene of Isaiah in action when he was telling his story?

Do you guys think they'll explain where Old Man Cap went? or will they leave that open-ended to retcon in the future?

If that story is ever told, it will be for CM4.
No way Marvel doesn't cash in on that w/ Evans back in the role.

PO

I thought the raft was a US thing. Why is Wakanda picking him up just to give him to the states?

I perceived it as Ayo & the milaje were upset that Zemo was out since he killed T'Challa's father, so they made it their mission, that regardless of Bucky's reasoning for helping him get out, they were there to ensure he continues his punishment/goes back to prison for that act for the rest of his days & they can't take Zemo to Wakanda since he did commit the crime in Wakanda.

PO

Last edited:
If that story is ever told, it will be for CM4.
No way Marvel doesn't cash in on that w/ Evans back in the role.

PO

I agree, Isiah Bradley story will be shown. If not as a standalone, definitely when his grandson struggles with beomming Patriot (Young Avengers version of Cap)

I perceived it as Ayo & the milaje were upset that Zemo was out since he killed T'Challa's father, so they made it their mission, that regardless of Bucky's reasoning for helping him get out, they were there to ensure he continues his punishment/goes back to prison for that act for the rest of his days & they can't take Zemo to Wakanda since he committed the crime in the US.

PO

And for storyline purposes so Ross can recruit Zero to be on a anti-hero super team.

I assume Taskmaster is already on the Raft too.

Do you think they are going Thunderbolts or Dark Avengers?

With the intro of Madame Hydra, I think they are building Dark Avengers.

It could still be Thunderbolts too.

I perceived it as Ayo & the milaje were upset that Zemo was out since he killed T'Challa's father, so they made it their mission, that regardless of Bucky's reasoning for helping him get out, they were there to ensure he continues his punishment/goes back to prison for that act for the rest of his days & they can't take Zemo to Wakanda since he committed the crime in the US.

PO

T’Chaka was killed in Vienna.

Back
Top Bottom