WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

blue is as bright as white...gotcha :lol:

Aquarius Snake Aquarius Snake : “yes because...”

:rofl:

Do you realize you’ve moved the goal posts twice?

Steve’s suit was never that bright —> it was Steve’s least popular suits —> blue isn’t as bright as white.

You expect me to keep responding when your argument keeps changing? I feel like I’m talking to my gf with the gymnastics right now.

You don’t like the suit. Ok. Now what?

If they didn’t watch the episode then they didn’t hear the speech. Pretty obvious. They didn’t watch because they saw what was going to happen with the previous episode and their low T white Christian American selves couldn’t handle it. It’s like when your team is losing in a blow out and you skip the 4th qtr to save yourself from a heat attack

Never mind the fire action before the speech huh? Episode made me really feel like Falcon America can hold his own right alongside the rest of the Avengers.

i'm not even talking about the quality of the action,
from a storytelling perspective it just felt like an unearned a deus ex machina.

like all these politicians are going to drop their position just like that because they got a stern talking to by falcon? :lol:

after they were nearly murdered by a group of terrorist that sprung up in the displacement/refugee camps they are trying to get rid of?

like Falcon gives them a stern talking to and we're supposed to believe the government is going to do that right thing?

nevermind they tortured Isaiah Bradley for years and all he gets is a lil statue.
while they gave criminal mastermind Sharon Carter a promotion.

and recent decapitator John Walker gets a new costume and is now US agent. :lol:

thematically the ending is mad confused.

the highlight of the finale was him talking to Isaiah and Isaiah finally being recognized to some degree

but speech was weak as hell.. you can be empathic to karli and co while acknowledging what their actions were

I mean whole season for Bucky was him trying to deal with and come to terms with the stuff he did when he lacked control.. Karli and co ain’t got that excuse

i'm not even talking about the quality of the action,
from a storytelling perspective it just felt like an unearned a deus ex machina.

like all these politicians are going to drop their position just like that because they got a stern talking to by falcon? :lol:

after they were nearly murdered by a group of terrorist that sprung up in the displacement/refugee camps they are trying to get rid of?
I don't think they did, or at least not all in. They just listened because he just saved their life. Wasn't even a talking to, it was a conversation.

like Falcon gives them a stern talking to and we're supposed to believe the government is going to do that right thing?

nevermind they tortured Isaiah Bradley for years and all he gets is a lil statue.

and recent decapitator John Walker gets a new costume and is now US agent. :lol:

I’m not into defending shows, but it was clear that Sharon Carter/Powerbroker set everything in motion to clear her name with the US Gov’t for access to tech. You had Zemo and PB both playing chess and manipulating outcomes to advance their agendas. The fallout was just noise and distraction.

I don’t think we’re supposed to trust the Gov’t is shifting gears as a result of Sam’s speech. He had them live on TV and they had to play along for politics. The way they did Isaiah should make it clear that they only want to save face, not correct anything.

US Agent isn’t backed by the government. Val is working with someone else. What I took from the ending is symbolic gestures won’t address the real issue. They tried it with Walker and they’re about to do it with Sam.

They knew Sharon was a criminal mastermind? US Agent is working for the government?

Cmon OKB. The show isnt without flaws, but this post is all over the place.

They knew Sharon was a criminal mastermind? US Agent is working for the government?

Cmon OKB. The show isnt without flaws, but this post is all over the place.

1. it's the juxtaposition of these scenes that makes the ending thematically confusing.

like it's played in the scene like Isiah has some level of gratitude for his lil museum statue.
which to me is already a stretch given how adamant he was in the previous episode.

but it feels totally false when it's juxtaposed by Sharon getting a promotion.

It's totally unclear what there intention was with the ending.

are we supposed to feel cynical about this? are we really supposed to belive isaiah really appreciates the lil statue
despite the 30 YEARS OF TORTURE.

i honestly can't tell.

also

The US agent tries on his costume at the US capital, in the same room, Sharon got her named cleared. right?
seems to me we're supposed to think it's all good with John Walker and the US Gov, no?

They gave Carter the ultimate pass plus a job with no questions asked. They gave Isaiah a small statue in a small room and he still has to hide in the hood. THAT was the point of the ending

Is that what they we're going for?
because i can't tell

the way the scenes are shot, the performances,the music,

i really don't get the sense that we are supposed look at it cynically.

that's why i find the ending kinda confused.

With Walker, it is all good, but it isn’t. The Thinderbolts are an unofficial official government wet work squad.

it reminds me of the wandavision ending, when Monica says, "you'll never know what you did for them wanda"

???? lolwut?? :lol:

what she do for them?

torture and Enslavement in a mental prison to avoid confronting your own grief/
and only give it up when basically forced to by outside forces??

thematically confused.

Tbh, I don’t think the contrast between Sharon and Isaiah was purposeful, people are trying to hard to see a metaphor. This ain’t that show. Sharon needs that job to play her part going forward. I think the writers were trying to give everyone a happy ending...and a twist.

it reminds me of the wandavision ending, when Monica says, "you'll never know what you did for them wanda"

???? lolwut?? :lol:

what she do for them?

torture and Enslavement in a mental prison to avoid confronting your own grief/
and only give it up when basically forced to by outside forces??

thematically confused.
Soo **** the battle against Thanos, huh? That’s light work. :lol:

Tbh, I don’t think the contrast between Sharon and Isaiah was purposeful, people are trying to hard to see a metaphor. This ain’t that show. Sharon needs that job to play her part going forward. I think the writers were trying to give everyone a happy ending...and a twist.

I agree with this, I def don't think it was purposeful.

I think they had to give everyone a semi happy ending, and it resulted in some sloppy writing, and a tonally confused ending.

Soo **** the battle against Thanos, huh? That’s light work. :lol:

Monica wasn't referring to that,
she was talking about giving up vision and the hex.

clearly imo the writers tryna absolve wanda of any responsibility for the legitimately ****ed up thing she did.

This is possible, but given everything that they have talked about throughout the series, the tone of the last couple episodes, and everything else, I would lean towards it being intentional

don't get me wrong, I liked the shows.

it's marvel the quality is always high.

but clearly the covid virus rewrites, really messed with falcon.
I don't think anyone thinks this was a super tight, bullet proof plotting.

Back
Top Bottom