WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

In a world with shape shifting aliens, magic, a spy who can fight Thanos’ army with stun guns, a dude who can fight an Android army with a bow and arrow, NOW we want realism and helmets on suits?

1619550485030.gif

IMO, she was talking about EVERYTHING Wanda went through. It wasn’t like she woke up a villain.

when she says "they won't know what you did for them. "
people know about Thanos and the blip ect.

so that leaves, what happened in the hex as what that line is referring to.

then she says something like "if i could bring back my mom..."

so the implication is;

so if they knew your pain and grief, and how bring back vision helped you heal...
they would be cool with the metal torture you inflicted on them and their loved ones for an untold number of month. :lol:

even if I accept your explanation of the lines thematic asynchronicity...
the fact it requires that level of rationalization to make it make sense, is not a sign of good storytelling. :lol:

if your show's climax ends with everything grinding to a halt
and the main character explicitly explaining the themes of the show in a like a 5 minute monologue

it's prob not the best ending

1. it's the juxtaposition of these scenes that makes the ending thematically confusing.

like it's played in the scene like Isiah has some level of gratitude for his lil museum statue.
which to me is already a stretch given how adamant he was in the previous episode.

but it feels totally false when it's juxtaposed by Sharon getting a promotion.

It's totally unclear what there intention was with the ending.

are we supposed to feel cynical about this? are we really supposed to belive isaiah really appreciates the lil statue
despite the 30 YEARS OF TORTURE.

i honestly can't tell.

also

The US agent tries on his costume at the US capital, in the same room, Sharon got her named cleared. right?
seems to me we're supposed to think it's all good with John Walker and the US Gov, no?
Isaiah was showing gratitude TO SAM for what he did not to the US government. Also his shift in attitude didn't come out of nowhere. It started with him watching Sam on the news, to Sam talking to him at his home, then the museum. You're kind of making it sound like he went from how angry he was in his debut scene to the hug and tears after seeing a statue of himself when it was more.

About the John Walker/Us Agent part. A mysterious woman shows up right when dude's hearing ends, hands him a blank card, and tells him there's some kind of use for him. I assume the convo she had with John's wife was meant to add even more mystery. To have the viewers think "Is this woman for real? She looks like she works for the gov but who is she?". She maybe part of the gov but isn't clear that there's some kind of shade organization within the government at work here? On some suicide squad type ****.

when she says "they won't know what you did for them. "
people know about Thanos and the blip ect.

so that leaves, what happened in the hex as what that line is referring to.

then she says something like "if i could bring back my mom..."

so the implication is;

so if they knew your pain and grief, and how bring back vision helped you heal...
they would be cool with the metal torture you inflicted on them and their loved ones for an untold number of month. :lol:

even if I accept your explanation of the lines thematic asynchronicity...
the fact it requires that level of rationalization to make it make sense, is not a sign of good storytelling. :lol:
Bruh did you watch the whole show or did you just skip around? That was the whole point of the episode before that when Agatha walks Wanda through her life. So we could see what she’s been through. Besides, people know about the fight with Thanos, but they don’t know exactly what happened. It wasn’t televised. People don’t know she had to watch her manbot die twice.

Bruh did you watch the whole show or did you just skip around? That was the whole point of the episode before that when Agatha walks Wanda through her life. So we could see what she’s been through. Besides, people know about the fight with Thanos, but they don’t know exactly what happened. It wasn’t televised. People don’t know she had to watch her manbot die twice.

none of this justifies torturing people!:lol:

so if you were tortured for months, and you got wanda's life story powerpoint,

you would be a like;
you know, the months of torture, thats water under the bridge??? :lol:

none of this justifies torturing people!:lol:

so if you were tortured for months, and you got wanda's life story powerpoint,

you would be a like;
you know, the months of torture, thats water under the bridge??? :lol:
Where you from fam? Because now you’re acting like trauma don’t **** with people. Of course it doesn’t justify it, again, she didn’t just wake up and and decide to take a town hostage. That **** was subconscious. Much like how people who been through a lot off loss and suffering subconsciously don’t trust people. You’re saying a lot, but it’s kind of obvious it all went over your head.

Isaiah was showing gratitude TO SAM for what he did not to the US government. Also his shift in attitude didn't come out of nowhere. It started with him watching Sam on the news, to Sam talking to him at his home, then the museum. You're kind of making it sound like he went from how angry he was in his debut scene to the hug and tears after seeing a statue of himself when it was more.

About the John Walker/Us Agent part. A mysterious woman shows up right when dude's hearing ends, hands him a blank card, and tells him there's some kind of use for him. I assume the convo she had with John's wife was meant to add even more mystery. To have the viewers think "Is this woman for real? She looks like she works for the gov but who is she?". She maybe part of the gov but isn't clear that there's some kind of shade organization within the government at work here? On some suicide squad type ****.
Walker only knows the military. Outside of it he’s lost. They gave him another “reason to live” so to speak. Actually very common in the military

Walker only knows the military. Outside of it he’s lost. They gave him another “reason to live” so to speak. Actually very common in the military
Right but we as an audience don't know who she is(non comic readers), what branch of the gov she works for, or what he's going to be doing. Idk about you but I got a sense of mystery and shadiness from her and the situation. Addressing Osh Kosh's last point I was just saying dude might be used to do some dirty work on the DL.

Right but we as an audience don't know who she is(non comic readers), what branch of the gov she works for, or what he's going to be doing. Idk about you but I got a sense of mystery and shadiness from her and the situation. Addressing Osh Kosh's last point I was just saying dude might be used to do some dirty work on the DL.
For sure, just even if someone had NO understanding of what was happening common sense should kick in. Dude was also just dropped from the government and needs ANYTHING to keep going. That part shouldn’t of been difficult to comprehend imo

I called it.

"Sharon recruited Karli at a younger age and trained her," the actress explained. "She was going to create this little army of super soldiers. In Episode 6, we learn [Sharon] wanted to control the world while I wanted to change it. That’s why Karli left and created the group, the Flag Smashers. Sharon trained Karli for everything - she’s the reason Karli knows everything she knows, fighting-wise."

52EFDD0E-8FEC-490F-BACC-D091E6FD60EC.jpeg

A9C67144-F6C5-4A8E-ACCD-0A9C43956F19.jpeg

This suit... 🔥🔥🔥:nthat:

Lame how so many people hated on the message of the last episode or on Sam’s experiences during the season. I loved it.

Mackie’s come such a long way. From getting stage fright vs B Rabbit to Captain America.

1619539013270.gif

neck to ear part is weird. should of just kept the shades above the neck. otherwise suit is dope.

Reactions: 907
1. it's the juxtaposition of these scenes that makes the ending thematically confusing.

like it's played in the scene like Isiah has some level of gratitude for his lil museum statue.
which to me is already a stretch given how adamant he was in the previous episode.

but it feels totally false when it's juxtaposed by Sharon getting a promotion.

It's totally unclear what there intention was with the ending.

are we supposed to feel cynical about this? are we really supposed to belive isaiah really appreciates the lil statue
despite the 30 YEARS OF TORTURE.

i honestly can't tell.

also

The US agent tries on his costume at the US capital, in the same room, Sharon got her named cleared. right?
seems to me we're supposed to think it's all good with John Walker and the US Gov, no?
The Marvel universe is the world outside our window.

This is pretty much exactly what would happen in our world give or take a few things. Even if it wasn't intentional.

No need to get caught up in the thematic message or whether you should be cynical or not.

The US gov is clearly done with Walker. In his scene where he got stripped of the title they basically said he's lucky he's not facing serious punishment. So no its not all good.

exactly thats the goal,

it levies a greater burden to be thematically clear about what they are saying about
"the world outside of our window.
I feel like they did even if you want to draw a parallel with Sharon being forgiven and getting her job back to Bradley just getting a statue in a museum to Walker getting a second chance to break bad.

Things aren't equal.

exactly thats the goal,

it levies a greater burden to be thematically clear about what they are saying about
"the world outside of our window.
I don’t understand what wasn’t clear to you. The themes were laid out in a fairly simple manner throughout the entire show and were ultimately addressed in a fairly simple manner as well - almost too simple, in a very elementary/half-*** way.

You’re opining for something more that isn’t there or isn’t required for this show. The writing was meh, the pacing lacked method and everything clearly suffered as a result of COVID BUT it still did what it intended to do and unlocked a handful of storylines to explore in Phase 4 & 5. What else you want brah?

Back
Top Bottom