WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Would be dope if Atlantis was like an advanced underwater version of Tulum, pyramids and all that.

Ah, so they’re trying to lock up the Hispanic/latinx demographic with Namor and the Atlanteans.

Of course representation matters in the year 2022 but this is becoming so formulaic, predictable and culturally “box checking” w/ every new piece of content that drops.

Just don’t sacrifice great story telling in order to expedite the appeasement of every group under the Sun in Phase 4.

Damn a blow to the Asians who all assumed Namor would be asian.
Ah, so they’re trying to lock up the Hispanic/latinx demographic with Namor and the Atlanteans.

Of course representation matters in the year 2022 but this is becoming so formulaic, predictable and culturally “box checking” w/ every new piece of content that drops.

Just don’t sacrifice great story telling in order to expedite the appeasement of every group under the Sun in Phase 4.
This is just extremely cynical and jaded thinking.

Highly doubt Ryan Coogler is gonna be behind anything formulaic, box checking, and predictable. Going along like some yes man.

Especially just cuz Namor isn't white.

i dunno man. except when wonder woman busted out to help moon knight in the moon knight finale nothing seems that forced compared to dc.

Honestly with America Chavez being Puerto Rican (?) I had a similar thought when watching the recent Dr. Strange movie.

Damn a blow to the Asians who all assumed Namor would be asian.

This is just extremely cynical and jaded thinking.

Highly doubt Ryan Coogler is gonna be behind anything formulaic, box checking, and predictable. Going along like some yes man.

Especially just cuz Namor isn't white.

Namor’s cousin, Namora, was in the OG Agents of Atlas comics and he was featured in the recents ones so I think folks had legitimate reason to make that connection of his background. Will be interesting to see their reasoning. Still think he and Amadeus Cho are the more interesting less forced Asian superheroes.

Honestly with America Chavez being Puerto Rican (?) I had a similar thought when watching the recent Dr. Strange movie.

Namor’s cousin, Namora, was in the OG Agents of Atlas comics and he was featured in the recents ones so I think folks had legitimate reason to make that connection of his background. Will be interesting to see their reasoning. Still think he and Amadeus Cho are the more interesting less forced Asian superheroes.
Well for me the whole Namor being Asian is a more recent thing I noticed.

Never made that connection from reading the Agents of Atlast comics since Jimmy was the only asian guy there (especially compared to now where the Atlas team is an all asian one). To me it was how Namor was being drawn for a period of time.

Last edited:
The blurred Namor image look like that guy that played young Will Smith in Gemini Man.

gemini-man-site-1556025111747.jpg

The only thing us Asians care about in Marvel is not casting Olivia Munn as Psylocke.

Once we get a top Star Marvel character casted right for the culture, well be set.

Gemma Chan was cool, but no one cares for Sersei like that.

Pyslocke has toys, comic book covers, MVC2 and is part of a star faction group and is hot.

Last edited:
Remember when I said Love and Thunder would was gonna be better than Multiverse of Madness and doubted me. I want my flowers fam/ or a bottle. Pick you posion

:lol:

people just didnt want to buy into voldemort being the best villain ever already before the movie came out

Different types of films and tones. Multiverse of Madness was just the MCU trying to flex with a lite horror movie. People had big expectations thinking this was gonna set the tone for Phase 4 but I think it's still way too early for that, just like Phase 1 took a while. MoM was just about using Wanda to be the horror film villain while exploring the multiverse a little more but still a long way to go.

Thor 4 will be light-hearted and fun like Ragnarok. They already got a successful formula with Thor and now combined with the Guardians...it's a layup to be a good movie

Hopefully you aren't counting BW.

it counts as a phase 4 film, it weirdly starts it just like antman is part of phase 4 despite being after AoU and FFH being part of phase 3 even though it came right after EG

forgot F4 probably gon’ be th last phase 4 film before the big phase finale film which is probably secret wars

Back
Top Bottom