WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige On The "Cosmic Universe" Moving To The Forefront Post AVENGERS 4

More details and tidbits from extensive press coverage of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continue to make their way online. The latest comes courtesy of Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, who has previously stated that the MCU will likely no longer be organized by Phases post Avengers 4. On what that new MCU will look like, Feige commented that it's still too early for definitive descriptions. “I think it’s a little early to know what it’s going to look like, I think things are going to look very different at that point, but I think the early discussions we’ve had with James [Gunn] about Vol. 3 and beyond with what we’ll call the “Cosmic Universe” and the Guardian characters is very exciting. Which is why he signed up and we announced that even before Guardians Vol. 2 came out.”

However, Feige did tell Fandango that the cosmic Marvel characters might assume greater prominence moving forward and not just within future installments of Guardians of the Galaxy. “As you know from the comics, there are so many places to go and so many more characters, and there are a few characters hinted at in the [end] tag scenes of Vol. 2. All of which could be potential to see and explore more in the new age following our big Avengers films.”

Chris Pratts contract ends after GOTG3 but he makes it clear that he wants to extend it

"I’ll tell you, as much as I love Marvel, it doesn’t matter how many I have contracted, because I’m going to continue to work with them.

I want to – I love working with them. I’m going to continue to work with them whether they like it or not. Even if they write me out, I’m going to show up on set and be like, ‘Hey, man!’ They’re done. They don’t get to shake me."

Last edited:
Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige On The "Cosmic Universe" Moving To The Forefront Post AVENGERS 4

More details and tidbits from extensive press coverage of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continue to make their way online. The latest comes courtesy of Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige, who has previously stated that the MCU will likely no longer be organized by Phases post Avengers 4. On what that new MCU will look like, Feige commented that it's still too early for definitive descriptions. “I think it’s a little early to know what it’s going to look like, I think things are going to look very different at that point, but I think the early discussions we’ve had with James [Gunn] about Vol. 3 and beyond with what we’ll call the “Cosmic Universe” and the Guardian characters is very exciting. Which is why he signed up and we announced that even before Guardians Vol. 2 came out.”

However, Feige did tell Fandango that the cosmic Marvel characters might assume greater prominence moving forward and not just within future installments of Guardians of the Galaxy. “As you know from the comics, there are so many places to go and so many more characters, and there are a few characters hinted at in the [end] tag scenes of Vol. 2. All of which could be potential to see and explore more in the new age following our big Avengers films.”
Some reasonable to wild guesses; Nova corps (just introduce the nova force), Quasar, Darkhawk, I think it's fair to include Captain Marvel cuz she's the bridge between Earth and cosmic, Infinity Watch/Adam Warlock (Magus can end up being as a big a villain as Thanos if it's done right), Thor 4 (and on), Death's Head, etc.

If they really wanted they could do the phases centering around the Guardians

I was really hoping they'd move into the Civil War II direction since all the characters support the storyline, being as Captain Marvel and Iron Man are the faces for this story arc. Most of the key characters are in it as well that are also in the MCU.

I can't wait for MVCI! Been following up on it on other sites. Pretty stoked to see Hulkster back on the Marvel side and Chris Redfield and Megaman on the Capcom side. Please Marvel, PLEASE have X-Men characters in the vanilla line-up. It's MVC. We gotta have Magneto, Storm, and Wolvie at the very least. (And Doctor Doom too.)

The Mega Man situation in MVC3 was inexcusable.
mean.gif

Seeing Mega Man in that trailer got me pretty hype. If Storm, Mags, Wolvie, and Doom are in the vanilla roster. It's a day one.
pimp.gif
I'm sure some of the X-Men favorites will be part of the DLC. Has to be.

I was really hoping they'd move into the Civil War II direction since all the characters support the storyline, being as Captain Marvel and Iron Man are the faces for this story arc. Most of the key characters are in it as well that are also in the MCU.

The basic framework is definitely there and considering advancing ages of the actors themselves, that'd give them an easy way to replace various characters with their legacies, but i'd still rather not see that crappy storyline on the big screen. Ever. The cosmic aspect of Marvel, and DC as well for that matter, is then just too rich to not begin developing further.

Some reasonable to wild guesses; Nova corps (just introduce the nova force), Quasar, Darkhawk, I think it's fair to include Captain Marvel cuz she's the bridge between Earth and cosmic, Infinity Watch/Adam Warlock (Magus can end up being as a big a villain as Thanos if it's done right), Thor 4 (and on), Death's Head, etc.

If they really wanted they could do the phases centering around the Guardians

Easily. Honestly, they could go ahead and adept the other Infinity stories if they really wanted to. And Secret Wars, with the Beyonder, is just begging to be used in my opinion.

Storm, Magneto and Sentinel singlehandedly kept Marvel 2 alive for a decade so the game will definitely include them in it along with Wolverine and Doom to round out the classic Marvel characters that have been series mainstays but their film rights aren't with Marvel. From what I heard one of the first DLC packs is suppose to be themed "Street Fighter vs. Xmen" which is where Sentinel, Magneto, Storm come in at including Rashid (Street Fighter 5) Gill (Street Fighter 3) and Zangief (Street Fighter 2) will be included. One of the co producers of the game produced MvC1 and wanted to have all the characters from MvC 1 make into infinite. He's working along side Niitsuma (the producer for MvC3) to make this game which is why the game looks a lot like MvC3 but has the mechanics of MvC1. With capcom it's pretty much there with the showing of Strider in the video along with Chun li, Megaman x taking the place of megaman, Ryu and the surprises will be Captain commando, Jin and zangief from the DLC. The same will happen with the Marvel side. Spider-Man, Venom, Wolverine...war machine :nerd: and others from MvC 1 will appear. Beyond excited for the potential in this game.

What was the Megaman issue in MVC3? I don't really follow fighting games.

They didn't put him in the roster. The vanilla roster had Zero from Mega Man X. He's Capcom's flagship character and was the highest fan requested on the Capcom side. :smh:

Those characters are staples of the franchise. It's like making Street Fighter without Ryu.

If they don't even have one X-Men character in the vanilla roster, that's a huge slap to the face. I also don't like DLC in fighting games, because how does everyone learn to play or counter characters if not everyone has them because you have to pay extra?

EDIT: I know I'm going to buy it regardless. :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom