WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I will say this was the first MCU movie I've actually bothered watching twice since No Way Home, so that's a plus. But NWH is still undisputed as post-phase 3 #1 for me.

I didn't care too much for High Evolutionary. He killed an animal on-screen so I know that easily get viewers blood boiling but personally, I wasn't too impressed. Typical throwaway MCU boss-fight though. Was expecting him to use the telekenisis powers more at the end fighting the entire gang.

Adam Warlock was fine for me. I bought into the promo pics and thought he was going to do work but I was cool with having my expectation subverted. They explained why he was the way he was and I'm ok with that. But I also figured the die-hard Warlock fans might not have been on board with that. Boy really got that diesel just to flex once at the end:lol:

And Did Gamora and Nebula ever do those silly grunts to each other in the previous films? Nothing I wrote is a complaint, I cam in peace so please nobody read that defensively. This film is easy #2 post Endgame tv show or movie.

*My only "knock" on the film is why didn't Star-Lord put on his damn helmet in space? They went through all the trouble of getting the cool comic suits, but Gunn forgot he had one?:lol:

20230506_231352.jpg

Me & the kid tomorrow night. Been doing alright avoiding spoilers. Cannot WAAAAAIT... although I expect very much of the sad. 😬

So kiddo thinks Drax & Nebula get unalived, I think Drax and Rocket.

But also we're both prepared to see the whole squad get... gone. :frown:

Don't know if this matters, but we know nothing of the plot. Don't know the villain, don't know what the tie-ins are to the MCU story at this point, none of that. We do that on purpose.

So kiddo thinks Drax & Nebula get unalived, I think Drax and Rocket.

But also we're both prepared to see the whole squad get... gone. :frown:

Don't know if this matters, but we know nothing of the plot. Don't know the villain, don't know what the tie-ins are to the MCU story at this point, none of that. We do that on purpose.
You're in for an emotional ride. It's a good movie.

ok fine, lol. This girl next to me started to cry when the Rocket death scene was happening and for some reason a couple of tears came out my eyes too

Watched gotg3 last night........ applause

Marvels keeping the wrong Gunn.

Amazing character arcs for many of these guardians

Nebula with the armor upgrades.....🔥🔥
She's acting like a mother hen now

Groot showed his value and versatility

Maybe it's cause I'm not a parent but I would think twice about taking anyone younger than 12, or maybe 11 to see this one. It's a hard PG-13.

Being a parent of a toddler, I was like “ain’t no way she’s seeing this movie for a LONG LONG time 😭.” Movie was dark and creepy. There were def some stuff of nightmares for kids in that movie.

GOTG 3 was fantastic.

Post Phase 3, this might be my favorite out of the films and shows released since then.
James Gunn brought alot to these characters and the world building, excited to see what he can do with the DCU now.

Hopefully the MCU can learn to spread things out and let them breathe, but I dont see it happening.

Now Thor's kid can have a bunch of friends around her age. I think the girl playing her is actually Hemsworth's daughter.

Just got out. So so good. Absolutely loved the emotional arc we got for all the we characters. Everything felt earned and real. I think they stuck the landing and I'm sad to see these characters go.

I wouldnt be surprised is Karen Gillian ended up with a second Marvel Character, this time makeup free.

So who? Jean? Moira? Hope or Rachel Summers?

Being a parent of a toddler, I was like “ain’t no way she’s seeing this movie for a LONG LONG time 😭.” Movie was dark and creepy. There were def some stuff of nightmares for kids in that movie.
I don’t understand the pearl clutching about this movie. In all marvel movies the heroes are mowing down aliens, creatures and other people by the hundreds. Yet, a couple cute animals get killed and everybody is like I don’t know if my kids can see this…lol

C’mon people

I don’t understand the pearl clutching about this movie. In all marvel movies the heroes are mowing down aliens, creatures and other people by the hundreds. Yet, a couple cute animals get killed and everybody is like I don’t know if my kids can see this…lol

C’mon people

The animals killt wasnt even cute too, an ottter with Ig-88 arms, a Walrus and Spider Rabbit with no mouth.

C’mon people
Bro, their was some off puting stuff in here animals aside. MCU for the most part seemed closer to PG than PG13 imo. But when ______ face got swole and when ______ face came off. Mine isn't old enough to sit through a movie yet, but thinking back to young me, I would have been shook.

Back
Top Bottom