WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

I kind of think for the average movie goer, everything led up to these two huge event movies. We got those two huge movies and then that is what has been expected by most. I mean there’s even by some reactions in here as such, and now the general audience forgot about individual stories and expects, at times, too much from them.

Attachments

• 218754-game-of-thrones-where-are-my-dragons-gif.gif
    218754-game-of-thrones-where-are-my-dragons-gif.gif
    996.5 KB · Views: 742
Yeah makes the most sense that Rhodey doesn’t get taken over until after Endgame. So Skrull Rhodey starts with TFATWS.

X-Men will save the day for the MCU. They are slacking but this isn’t WB we’re talking about.
Nope.

The core audience they would have targeted from the 90's has aged out and moved on from the super hero bubble

They waited too long, and the excitement and anticipation dwindled + the over saturation with the shows and mediocre movies has lead to fatigue

Don't see the X-Men having the impact it could have had if they struck while the iron was hot after EG

IMO they put too much effort and resources into characters and properties no one really was interested in in the first place just to try to turn a profit.....

which lead to the fatigue and disappointment with the recent releases

Nope.

The core audience they would have targeted from the 90's has aged out and moved on from the super hero bubble

They waited too long, and the excitement and anticipation dwindled + the over saturation with the shows and mediocre movies has lead to fatigue

Don't see the X-Men having the impact it could have had if they struck while the iron was hot after EG

IMO they put too much effort and resources into characters and properties no one really was interested in in the first place just to try to turn a profit.....

which lead to the fatigue and disappointment with the recent releases.
Under this logic, Star Wars would be dead and gone.

Under this logic, Star Wars would be dead and gone.
Many people would argue Star Wars has been dead and gone for a while

Thats why they relied on bringing back luke and the "skywalker" name to sell the last trilogies

Same can be said for the nostalgia of Boba Fett aka Mandalorian

Nope.

which lead to the fatigue and disappointment with the recent releases

My friends and I are in our mid to late 30s and we’re still catching every MCU movie 🤷‍♂️

The ones that aren’t big comic fans just watch the movies but me and two other guys follow the tv shows and specials.

Disney plus will probably take a step back and rethink how they push out content, The mouse is paying attention to the low reviews and dissatisfaction of the viewers.

Many people would argue Star Wars has been dead and gone for a while

Thats why they relied on bringing back luke and the "skywalker" name to sell the last trilogies

Same can be said for the nostalgia of Boba Fett aka Mandalorian
And yet they still do numbers. People talk that noise, but when they drop, they go watch any way just in case this the one. Let them drop a teaser for a new X-Men today. Good or bad, MILLIONS of views.

Both of you make good points but yeah, while MCU and SW make still "do numbers", I do think the glory days are a thing of the past at this current trajectory. I compare it to wrestling. Many people are still fans who still keep an eye on the pulse, and the WWE still throws out crazy profit numbers, but everybody knows the Attitude Era was it's absolute peak and they'll never reach that level again.

MCU's peak was definitely IW/EG and as split as fans are right now about the current MCU, I do think Deapool 3 will be what bring's a good positive shock back into the fandom and it's up to Disney/Feige to go from there. Kinda like what the first season of Mandalorian did for SW...until they continuously fumbled that brand with every show after season 2:lol:

It was definitely a smaller scaled story than the comics, but it was aight. Granted, I didn’t expect a grand reveal, really. Would’ve been cool, tho. This “War against Skrulls” could roll into something. If you were the government, who are you going to send to kill shape shifting aliens, possibly with super powers? Im not really clear on what was happening at the end with G’iah and Sonya, tbh, but I’m just saying….

I think they’re playing it smart by not telling us exactly when Rhodes got switched out. Doesn’t tie them to anything.
Him being in the hospital gown and lacking use of his legs is a clear indication that he was switched out after the Vision incident in Civil War.

Mans has no clue how Civil War ended, that Tony and Cap were beefing, Thanos coming to earth and dusting half the universe, the squad time traveling and Tony giving himself the ultimate fade.

In Armor Wars, he’s definitely going to focus on recovering/preserving Stark tech + Iron Man armor that the government might have and in the hands of other nefarious groups.

Sounds accurate, both been trash last 2 years. I concur

MCU, #1 thing in Cinema and Lakers, Finished Top 4 in the NBA Last year, sounds like winners to me.

Something trash would be DC and the Clippers.

Also, WWE is a winner too, making AEW basura, thats Spanish for trash.

Listen Im fine with the MCU and still love it. They cant hit home runs every pitch, at the end of the day we are literally complaining about TV shows, can it be better? of course but think of them as fillers for the bigger movies.

Disney plus will probably take a step back and rethink how they push out content, The mouse is paying attention to the low reviews and dissatisfaction of the viewers.
Yeah, with Iger commenting on the amount of content being pushed out with the same level of quality. Things will be a lot slower, IMO.

It'll all work out in the end. I have to believe the quality of the next MCU projects (Those that just began) will be better.

Hey some comics were ***, it is what it is.

this is where ive always been with it. there was a lot of filler btwn major acrs/series etc. no movies/series in any genre are shooting 10/10.. while that doesn't excuse mediocre projects, i think duds and less intriguing content are to be expected in btwn.

again, we peaked with IW/EG which spanned a 10+year saga. lets not act like some movies in the Infinity Saga weren't mediocre.

Back
Top Bottom