WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 FINALE out now

After Endgame they shouldve shelved everything for 5 years until they had the cast and story for X-Men ready. It’s the only thing they have that’s on par with The Avengers. This is a snoozefest mess :smh:

nah.. Chadwick passing was huge

But after that this was their time to have a bunch of heroes take Ls

and it making sense why kang would choose now.. Where they really fumbled was not focusing on the development of the fantastic 4 and slow rolling the X-men into the universe

Yea MCU needs a hard reset not a soft one into another big arc this finale showed that for me. The current continuity is eating itself time to close the book on this one take a break and start a new continuity without what’s becoming baggage from the current one holding it back. Black panther 2 is probably the best thing out the current phase we got right now and it’s not a coincidence that was the one that felt the most stand alone. Rip off the band aid do some stand alone stuff then build a new continuity

Last edited:
Can’t believe you guys are talking down on the mcu. They are incredible and are above criticism. They are the best. I love them.

Did I do that right?

Just some personal thoughts/rant. Don’t think these current phases have been bad. Just think it’s been widely spread out and unfocused.

I’ll start by saying Black Panther 2 was the only good movie from this saga so far? Forgot about No Way Home? Guardians 3? I honestly didn’t mind Black Widow.

It served its purpose for what it was supposed to be - a send off for ScarJo and to set up the next Widow. Shang Chi felt exactly like an early phase MCU movie in a good sense. The major complaint has been the CGI end battle, but knowing his comic and mythos I’m not surprised by it. I liked Eternals as an introduction to them. Not sure if it would as a show considering the complaints the shows are currently getting. Liked Dr Strange MOM. Love and Thunder had potential. They just let Taika go full Taika and it felt rushed. I didn’t mind A&W Quantamania. Felt like it was a good intro to Kang.

Shows have been all over but I think there’s been more good than bad. Wandavision and Loki are the standouts. I think Hawkeye, Moon Knight and FATWS (I’ll prob be in the minority with this, but considering circumstances and it prob should of been delayed, I feel it’s pretty good) were very good. Thought Ms. Marvel was pretty good too for being more geared towards a teenage audience. Little jumbled in the middle, but good nonetheless. She Hulk was alright but I think ppl have a hard time understanding it was supposed to be a bit comedic and not take itself so seriously. The special presentations of Werewolf by Night and Guardians were pretty well done.

Secret Invasion was an incredible storyline in the comics and was just going to be hard to do it justice as a show. Especially a show with no true Avengers. Yes Rhodey has shown up in some shows, but he hasn’t been Avengers Rhodey since End Game. I’m pretty sure The Marvels is going to deal with the Kree/Skrull peace matters and Armor Wars the world wanting to essentially suit up in case of these matters happening again.

In all I think they’ve done some things right, but some need some work. The Pandemic did them no favors. They basically rewrote FATWS while they were already in production. The show probably should have just been delayed so it could be rewrote properly. MOM was originally supposed to come after No Way Home and had to rewrite accordingly.

I think they do need to tone down on the content and put more focus into the current saga. Not that every movie has to deal directly with Kang dynasty/secret wars. The infinity saga didn’t do that, but just narrow it down. It feels like they’re more worried about expanding their universe and trying to find a hero that hits/sticks now that they don’t have Rodgers Cap, IM, ScarJo, maybe even Hawkeye (don’t know timetable/extent of recovery).

Yall giving them way too much credit. Skrull Rhodey is a recent concept. They weren’t thinking about Rhodey being a Skrull in any IM and probably not in EG. That’s why alot of it doesn’t make sense and it doesn’t make sense to reference previous Rhodey to Skrull Rhodey.

Yeah honestly it probably won't end up being that long, given how annoyed the lady skrull playing him was when she had to change. Also it just clicked that Gravik and his team were a part of the post End Game cleanup, so that plan wasn't even in motion yet.

I think Andrew Schulz and Charlamange said it best. If you're a casual(and there is NOTHING wrong with that), this all looks like a bunch of stuff. But the hardcores have a better idea where things could lead. I.E.: Like DLF DLF saything the War Against Skrulls is going to lead the the Thunderbolts and Iron Wars. Also, once the government figures out theres a genetically enhanced Skrull out there, their going to try to make another Cap. It took the weapons program another 9 tries to get it even close to right*ahem*.

Thunderbolts plot is supposed to deal with wakanda and vibranium, with a big time superpower, more so than skrulls.

For me, after Endgame nothing else really "mattered".

Our heroes saved the world against the biggest threat ever. They brought back half the world after they were blipped. I don't know what tops that right away as a fan.

Phase 4 wasn't bad, but covid delays and then underwhelming Black Widow, Eternals, and I'd say Multiverse of Madness was a bit of a disappointment too. Shang-Chi was good, No Way Home was awesome but definitely felt like a Spiderman movie not a Marvel one, but I think Thor Love and Thunder really killed a lot of the excitement for me. Black Panther 2 was as good as expected, but Chadwick dying also hurt that movie tremendously.

And the shows are awful. If Wandavision is considered one of the best ones, then that's tough. It's absolutely overkill. I think it was a misstep. You can't have a series be important enough to the overall franchise/plot/universe because if people don't watch the series, then they won't care about the movies as much. You also can't ask the average moviegoer to watch all these limited Disney Plus shows. So the shows have to either be their own thing, or matter just enough to the plot of the overall story, so if you miss the shows you can still enjoy the movies.

They're also not telling a cohesive story anymore. Phase 4 wasn't about anything.. okay so now we don't care about the phases. Introduce a guy who is supposed to be the next big bad but he's underwhelming in Ant Man? Okay but he can take many forms and blah blah, okay but when we met him he was lame. The biggest issue is the movies HAVE to be good now. Yeah, the MCU had some stinkers, but that was also earlier on and you could typically expect any MCU movie to be entertaining, good quality, and important to building towards a greater story. So now we have all these movies that are of mixed quality, PLUS all these random shows, AND we aren't building towards anything that's exciting.

I get they're in a weird spot, how to move forward after the saved the universe... but I think a combination of lack of cohesive overarching plot and mixed quality... PLUS the Disney+ dumpster fire of shows, it caused this malaise about the MCU. I think the Franchise Four will help.. X-Men will be huge.. but they're just lost. The Multiverse was a cool concept, but they're losing their touch. I also get that not EVERYTHING has to be leading up to an Endgame level event, I get that. You can't tell the same kind of stories either, because then it would just be compared to the Infinity Saga, but Phase 4 was absolutely underwhelming.. along with oversaturation.. and that's how we got to this point.

avengers-infinity-war-team-in-wakanda-ob-5120x2880.jpg

Never forget, what a time to be alive during Infinity War.

I also think the average moviegoer calling themselves, "Marvel Fans" probably was didnt help.

With all the talk of Chapek buying licenses and content for Disney+, I feel it makes more sense why the quality of MCU has declined. With all the talks of wanting to push content after a pandemic, it sort of makes sense to me.

Let's see if things change with Iger back in control.

But to say that there hasn't been good movies/shows in this phase is a far reach. It still sounds like people's expectations are still at the IW/Endgame level.

Back
Top Bottom