Westinghouse 42" 1080p LED HDTV for $339.48 at Walmart

If it had a better contrast ratio I'd jump on it. I need a hdtv for video editing, and I was actually quite impressed with how nuetral Westinghouse sets look (thats a good thing in production land). I need 120hz and atleast 10000:1 contrast ratio. Walmarts description says 100,000:1 for the Westinghouse, but reviews on the set are saying 4000:1. Can anyone confirm this?

Well I was gonna cop, but after reading through this thread, I'll pass

I'll just wait a bit and cop myself a samsung
Thanks NT

lol @ all the experts...

man... i swear, when it comes to electronics, some of these cats want you to pay an arm and a leg for a certain quality...

i once asked about some speakers, and boys was trying to get me to drop all kind of stacks for some damn music...

:sick :sick

fuh-gid about all that nonsense, fambs...

42" tv for $340 is a stealie...

i'm not gonna jump on it now cuz i have a feeling there's gonna be something similar on cyber monday...

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

What's wrong with the brand??? Education me
alien.gif

cheap brand uses cheap parts and makes cheap tvs that dont last
lulz @ downgrading from a samsung for this

Not true, I still have a 42 inch Haier LCD that I purchased in 07 and I have never had an issue with it.

Originally Posted by ricky409

lol @ all the experts...

man... i swear, when it comes to electronics, some of these cats want you to pay an arm and a leg for a certain quality...

i once asked about some speakers, and boys was trying to get me to drop all kind of stacks for some damn music...

:sick :sick

fuh-gid about all that nonsense, fambs...

42" tv for $340 is a stealie...

i'm not gonna jump on it now cuz i have a feeling there's gonna be something similar on cyber monday...

Get your money stacks up!

Originally Posted by JuiceEsquire

Originally Posted by moneymike59

this > though

extra $50 for a better tv

-The Juice
The Westinghouse has better picture. 1080p > 720p
You know anything about TVs though? Can you even explain the difference between 1080 and 720 WITHOUT having to Google it. Further more have you ever seen these TVs side by side? I used to work at Best Buy, I've personally seen how these companies dupe people into believing the LED 1080i, 1080p, 720p debacle. OP you can buy w/e TV you want but as a fellow NTer I'm just tryin to help ya out breh

-The Juice
Sorry man, but this does nothing but reaffirm my thoughts that people that work at Best Buy don't know anything.  I can easily see a huge difference between 720 and 1080.  As for the TV, don't know anything about Westinghouse, so can't help you there OP.  Pretty good deal for an LED though 
eyes.gif

Edit:  Plus you are linking him with another budge brand plasma
indifferent.gif
  OP is better off keeping his Samsung and waiting for a better deal on a better TV, just remembered a friend bought a Westinghouse last year and quality on it isn't that great.

Those tvs are horrible.

My slow parents bought 2 Westinghouse tvs and they both died before a year.

Look at what you're paying for..

It's a 42" WESTINGHOUSE TV for $399.48.

You're not getting over.

this > though

-The Juice
You know anything about TVs though? Can you even explain the difference between 1080 and 720 WITHOUT having to Google it. Further more have you ever seen these TVs side by side? I used to work at Best Buy, I've personally seen how these companies dupe people into believing the LED 1080i, 1080p, 720p debacle. OP you can buy w/e TV you want but as a fellow NTer I'm just tryin to help ya out breh

-The Juice
insignia sucks just as much as westinghouse. 

720P PLASMA? i rather take a LED 1080P screen. plasma is old technology. and not even from a top name brand. 

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Those tvs are horrible.

Damn sorry for your loss, did they leave you the TVs in their will?

Originally Posted by airblaster503

this > though

-The Juice

-The Juice
Sorry man, but this does nothing but reaffirm my thoughts that people that work at Best Buy don't know anything.  I can easily see a huge difference between 720 and 1080.  As for the TV, don't know anything about Westinghouse, so can't help you there OP.  Pretty good deal for an LED though 
eyes.gif

Edit:  Plus you are linking him with another budge brand plasma
indifferent.gif
  OP is better off keeping his Samsung and waiting for a better deal on a better TV, just remembered a friend bought a Westinghouse last year and quality on it isn't that great.

You cant just blanket statement that no matter what you need 1080. Depending on the screen size and the viewing distance the difference between 1080 and 720 is not even noticeable. At 15' away with a 40" screen, you cant tell the difference between 1080, 720 or even 480.

resolution_chart.png

So for example, my couch is about 12' away from my TV. For me to see a benefit of 1080 I'd need between an 80" to 90" screen.

OP, do your own research because all you're going to get on here are people who get hyped up over specs and brand names. Go out and look at the TV at a store and see the TV for yourself.

the graph means crap.

its CLEARLY visible to the normal human eye 720P vs 1080P.

watch t.v. in hd then watch a blu ray movie. your telling me there's no difference?

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

the graph means crap.

watch t.v. in hd then watch a blu ray movie. your telling me there's no difference?

Are you really trying to compare a TV signal to a bluray? Really? You need to do more research before you try and make that kind of argument.

Go play a bluray on 2 40" TVs (one at 720 the other and 1080) and sit 15' away. Try and see the difference.

The opinions of the masses...I am sure someone on NT can offer some solid, unbiased, concrete information?  Everything thusfar seems opinionated and vague.  

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

the graph means crap.

Are you really trying to compare a TV signal to a bluray? Really? You need to do more research before you try and make that kind of argument.

Go play a bluray on 2 40" TVs (one at 720 the other and 1080) and sit 15' away. Try and see the difference.
dude bluray is 1080P. HD is 720P. you're not going to experience 1080P blu ray on a 720P screen. 
Edit- im sorry but seriously why would they invent 1080P if there is no difference? do you understand what you are typing bruh? 

If you don't care about TV Specs and just want a basic HDTV with a nice size, buy this with an extended warranty from Square Trade or something.

Not a big deal.

the graph means crap.

dude bluray is 1080P. HD is 720P. you're not going to experience 1080P blu ray on a 720P screen. 

I'll try to put this as simple as possible for you. DISTANCE is a factor in the clarity of what you're viewing no matter the resolution of the screen, whether 1080, 720, or 480. Yes you can tell the difference with your face pressed up against the screen, but the further you get away from the screen, the harder it is to see that difference.

Originally Posted by Agthekid

Those tvs are horrible.

Damn sorry for your loss, did they leave you the TVs in their will?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The tvs died man

Back
Top Bottom