What All Men Have Been Waiting For vol. Round The Bases

Not sure if this has been posted
nerd.gif
but:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/health/2008/03/25/gupta.birrth.control.for.men.cnn
tigerwoodsdork.jpg

and what about the side effects? will you gain weight like women? wouldnt you guys be mad about not being able to give a facial to a chick? condoms FTW!!!Nevermind just finished to clip! but i still like my seamens!

Naw, I'm not tryin' to have any female-%$@ mood swings....not to mention I gotta protect my investment.

^^^Whoa whoa whoa, they really bleeped out I S H tho? For female-i s h? That's wild. Censorship is a %!+*#.

4-10 pounds of muscle? AND an excuse to have crazy !+% mood swings and be able to yell at people and blame it on the pill? sign me up

MSNBC
For the first time, a safe, effective and reversible hormonal male contraceptive appears to be within reach. Several formulations are expected to become commercially available within the near future. Men may soon have the options of a daily pill to be taken orally, a patch or gel to be applied to the skin, an injection given every three months or an implant placed under the skin every 12 months, according to Seattle researchers.

"It largely depends on how funding continues. The technology is there. We know how it would work," says Dr. Andrea Coviello, who is helping to test several male contraceptives at the Population Center for Research in Reproduction at the University of Washington in Seattle.
Coviello and her colleagues have found that a male contraceptive that releases testosterone over three months is potentially a safe and practical method of contraception. The Seattle researchers have been testing a sustained-released, testosterone micro-capsule, which consists of a thick liquid administered by injection under the skin.

"I never had any real noticeable side effects. I didn't notice any mood changes. I may have put on a little weight," says Larry Setlow, a 39-year-old computer programmer with a small software company in Seattle. He has taken part in three male hormonal contraceptive clinical trials at the University of Washington and has received both pills and injections.

"They all worked really well and I was able to look at my lab results and see my sperm count drop to zero," says Setlow.

Women have had the option of a safe, effective and reversible form of contraception since the development of the female oral contraceptive pill in the 1960s.

Female contraceptives use hormones, estrogens and progestins, to shut off the release of eggs to prevent pregnancy. Male hormonal contraceptives work pretty much the same way: hormones, such as testosterone and progestins, are used to turn off sperm production.

"It seemed like I was getting headaches and then there were times when I woke up sweating at night and I had to change my shirt. Other than that, I didn't have any side effects," says 45-year-old Quentin Brown, who lives in Los Angeles and has been a volunteer in a study of MHCs at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, Calif.

Brown has been taking hormonal contraceptives for more than a year. He reports no problems with weight gain or acne, two side effects that occurred in earlier versions of MHCs tested in the 1990s.

Brown, who is married and has three children, hopes his kids will one day be able to benefit from the new technology. His would like his son, who is now 17, to one day have the option of taking a male birth control pill. Brown believes many men will see "their pill" as a good idea and will want to use it.

"It is time for men to have some control. I think it would empower men and deter some women out there from their nefarious plans," says Brown. "Some women are out there to use men to get pregnant. This could deter women from doing this. An athlete or a singer is someone who could be a target and they could put a stop to that."

Studies conducted by the World Health Organization show that men from many countries around the world would welcome MHCs. The WHO has tested MHCs in hundreds of volunteers in various countries around the world and have not found it difficult to recruit volunteers for their studies. Researchers say many men are very willing to become involved in the studies and are anxious to see a male birth control pill on the market.

Dude womans birth control has been around for awhile. Early birth control had a lot of side effects. No way in hell Im being a giunea pig and ending up messingup my testes or prostate. Condom FTW.

I'll wait and see if any serious issues come up due to it.(Word to I Am Legend and the cancer cure)

Back
Top Bottom