What are some good supplements to build muscle?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Supplements are such a waste of money.

These nutrition companies have all kinds of lifters (whether beginner,intermediate or advanced) convinced that they NEED these supplements tosucceed in the gym and look good.

A healthy balanced diet full of protein, good fats, complex carbs,fruits and vegetables > spending $100 a month on supplements alone.

I hear dudes at the gym talking about "I havent gained weight in 2months so I'm gonna start drinking some protein"...or other dudessaying "Wowwwwwww dude, you got so strong/big...what kind ofsupplements are you taking?"

You want to gain muscle? Eat healthy and eat a lot of calories (usuallyover 3000 calories/day)...excess calories are what help you gainmuscle, not supplements/huge amounts of protein.
i'massuming its not a problem if I'm eating right but adding the proteinshakes between meals and before bed? (usually a big shake with the majority of calories for the day to put me over the 3000 mark). I too am at work and it obviously interferes w/ all of my plans

aminos, protien and lots of food.
it takes time, id say 3 to 5 years just to develope a really solid base. stick with it. it will all be worth it

it definitely takes time and effort.. it wont happen over night.. diet is definitely important

as far as supplements go i would recommend the following if you are serious:

protein - at least 1 gram per lb of body weight..
multi-vitamin
CLA - keep body fat down if you want more definition and "cut" look
glutamine - helps recover and build muscle.
creatine - recommend amplified (don't feel bloated like other creatine)

just some of the basics

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Supplements are such a waste of money.

These nutrition companies have all kinds of lifters (whether beginner,intermediate or advanced) convinced that they NEED these supplements tosucceed in the gym and look good.

A healthy balanced diet full of protein, good fats, complex carbs,fruits and vegetables > spending $100 a month on supplements alone.

I hear dudes at the gym talking about "I havent gained weight in 2months so I'm gonna start drinking some protein"...or other dudessaying "Wowwwwwww dude, you got so strong/big...what kind ofsupplements are you taking?"

You want to gain muscle? Eat healthy and eat a lot of calories (usuallyover 3000 calories/day)...excess calories are what help you gainmuscle, not supplements/huge amounts of protein.
i'massuming its not a problem if I'm eating right but adding the proteinshakes between meals and before bed? (usually a big shake with the majority of calories for the day to put me over the 3000 mark). I too am at work and it obviously interferes w/ all of my plans
I agree with Tevez on most points, but I do think that supplementing with protein shakes is helpful if you can't enough times a day. As to whether it will help in your situation, you gotta figure out how much you're taking in protein wise, not calories wise. If you're getting more than 100G a day already, chances are you'd just urinate anything more out of your system unless you weigh 250+. 

I do straight up chocolate milk. pre-made and skim. 1% if I absolutely have to after every workout.

i pretty much agree with everybody else..just eat more calories until u start gaining weight..dont need supplements
and dont tell yourself that no matter how much you eat, you don't gain any weight cause i used to be one of those people.
this past summer, i gained about 20 pounds in 3.5 months just by lifting hard eating like crazy...brown rice, steak, chicken, protein shakes

It's a bit of a stretch to say supplements are a complete waste of money. Some work, some don't, some are great, some suck.

I will say 100% buying protein should be a necessity, especially if you're not struggling financially. It's dirt cheap and down right effective.

Obviously no supplements are going to replace hard work, a good diet, or good genes (or steroids), but some can be useful. For instance, I like drinking NO Xplode in the morning instead of coffee. Odd, perhaps, but I like the taste and it gives me no-crash energy. Just read about what you're putting in your body.

Luckily, most things sold at your local GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, etc. aren't that serious or dangerous.

Well just as everybody else said, save your money and discipline yourself, watch your diet, exercise... ect.

Though I do agree, but sometimes it takes quick results to get motivation and determination. Check out Vitamin World or GNC (Doesn't matter, though I do prefer VW) anyway get some Hardcore Creatine, CLA, and Whey Protein.

- For the first week, consume about 20 grams of Creatine through out the day. After that, just consume 5 grams (preferably in the morning as soon as you wake up)
- As for the CLA, consume about 3400mg throughout the day (that's like 5 pills) this is an everyday routine until it runs out
- And for Whey Protein, I believe you match mg/per body weight lb (at least that's what I been doing
laugh.gif
) 30 minutes before workout or as soon as you're done working out

I know it seems complicated or a lot, but it fairly easy and simple. You can also take Green Tea Extract to boost your metabolism.

Consume a good kind of whole milk after every workout.. "In fact, milk is one of the best muscle foods on the planet. You see, the protein in milk is about 20 percent whey and 80 percent casein. Both are high-quality proteins, but whey is known as a "fast protein" because it's quickly broken down into amino acids and absorbed into the bloodstream. That makes it a very good protein to consume after your workout.

Casein, on the other hand, is digested more slowly. So it's ideal for providing your body with a steady supply of smaller amounts of protein for a longer period of time—like between meals or while you sleep. Since milk provides both, one big glass gives your body an ideal combination of muscle-building proteins."

source: http://www.menshealth.com...Muscle.php#ixzz0kUFXnKRF

Back
Top Bottom