What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

Current favorites and great pours…

950F2B62-6F4D-4D14-A9CB-72EC4B71CB11.jpeg

Yeah having to join lotteries and pay resell for American bourbons and beer is just too much. I'm glad I don't really drink like that anymore.

I really enjoy a good bourbon or whiskey and a cigar but I refuse to pay secondary for some of these bottles.

I was able to get a Birthday Bourbon and JD Coy hill bottle for retail each this year.

I bottle I paid 120 for I can sell for 1200 and the JD Coy Hill I can get 400 for a 50 dollar bottle...nuts.

What's a good spot to learn more about bourbons and find the rare ones? Been thinking of doing some collectibles and letting them sit for a bit with whiskey since I saw this:

I'm in a couple of local Facebook groups and that's where I started to learn.

The big money bottles are always gonna be pappy's, and certain weller's.

I don't know honestly how long the bubble is going to last but if you are going for bottles to hold and sell later, those would be the names.

What's a good spot to learn more about bourbons and find the rare ones? Been thinking of doing some collectibles and letting them sit for a bit with whiskey since I saw this:

The game is super saturated. Finding the rare bottles at retail is nearly impossible. Best bet is holiday raffles or paying well over retail (but below secondary). There's a lot of money paying well above retail and flipping for secondary... that's the game.

Google breaking bourbon and look at the calendar for release date estimates if you want to try and hunt.

After passing on this before, got a good price on this and couldn't pass it up. Only 40.5% ABV (81 proof) which gave me pause, but I bit the bullet anyway.

Attachments

• IMG20211228075726.jpg
    IMG20211228075726.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 65
Haven't cracked it yet. I have a few other high proof JD's that are still in rotation right now.
Ah gotcha. I really haven't ventured into JD much. I was never a fan of the banana flavor profile of the standard bottle but I've read the single barrels and such are much different. Post some tasting notes/impressions whenever you get around to cracking it :nthat:

Ah gotcha. I really haven't ventured into JD much. I was never a fan of the banana flavor profile of the standard bottle but I've read the single barrels and such are much different. Post some tasting notes/impressions whenever you get around to cracking it :nthat:

The single barrel is great. For 60 bucks it's a soild bottle.

And now Whiskey is another asset to diversify....smh

Back
Top Bottom