What are you thankful for? vol. live laugh love

Im thankful to be alive after what i have been through this last month and a half. I was involved in a wreck on june 11th. Me and my crew got hit by am 18 wheeler. I had tramatic brain injury. Broken leg. Broken ribs, and broken sturnem. I fractured my orbital. It pierced my eardrum. I have hearing losd in my right side.I was airlifted to a medical facility where they took my bone plate out and put a shunt in for the brain pressure and fluid. I was incubated twice. I had pneumonia. I was critical. Today is my frst day home. I have been at rehab. They fixed my leg with a titanium rod. I have a long way tp go. I have surgery to put my bone flap back in in 9 days. This whole proccess has given me so much anxuety and questions. I am grateful for my wife and kids and friends that have been here for me.

Im thankful for a job that I don’t mind going to funds the things I enjoy doing.
Im thankful for A/C in Texas!
The fact that the power is included in my rent.
This blunt.
Air conditioning
Oh and air conditioning.

Im going to see my friends in Texas tomorrow at a former classmate's mansion. Some of the numbers yall are hitting there seems unpleasant. He said his house never goes below 70 no matter how hard he tries. I keep my place 65 degrees all year round, its going to be an adjustment. I guess Ill be naked by the pool/lake the whole time if I have to.

antonlavey antonlavey always finds a way to throw some "wild" stuff into a convo.

To answer the question though:

Thankful for being born in a situation where I didn't have to worry about food/clothes/shelter.

Thankful for being able to have a job.

Thankful for not being wiped out by Covid.

Thankful for simply being alive during this time.

There are more things but these are the basics.

my wife, daughter, and my future son on the way
thankful for a career that fell in my lap and keeps pushing me to be ambitious when im really not an ambitious person
my health
for all the people who have helped me survive and thrive to this point

Im going to see my friends in Texas tomorrow at a former classmate's mansion. Some of the numbers yall are hitting there seems unpleasant. He said his house never goes below 70 no matter how hard he tries. I keep my place 65 degrees all year round, its going to be an adjustment. I guess Ill be naked by the pool/lake the whole time if I have to.
70 hits different when the weather feels like it's personally trying to murder you when you go outside

70 hits different when the weather feels like it's personally trying to murder you when you go outside

Yea its all relative I conditioned my body temp to that 65 even when it goes slightly above that in my house I feel it.

Anyhow new gratitudes

Looking foward to a Texas foodie tour and just having time away from work and my daily routine. I worked out/fasted like crazy leading up to this weekend.

- Good health
- My parents
- Being financially stable
- Nothing breaking in my house or on my car recently :lol:
- Living in a state that isn’t *** backwards.

Im thankful to be alive after what i have been through this last month and a half. I was involved in a wreck on june 11th. Me and my crew got hit by am 18 wheeler. I had tramatic brain injury. Broken leg. Broken ribs, and broken sturnem. I fractured my orbital. It pierced my eardrum. I have hearing losd in my right side.I was airlifted to a medical facility where they took my bone plate out and put a shunt in for the brain pressure and fluid. I was incubated twice. I had pneumonia. I was critical. Today is my frst day home. I have been at rehab. They fixed my leg with a titanium rod. I have a long way tp go. I have surgery to put my bone flap back in in 9 days. This whole proccess has given me so much anxuety and questions. I am grateful for my wife and kids and friends that have been here for me.
damn bruh this is wild!! glad u made it out and prayin for ur speedy recovery

Back
Top Bottom