What car would you buy if you knew how to drive a car with manual transmission.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

Y'all know how to press on the gas pedal?

Y'all know how to press on the brakes?

Y'all know how to shift your car park to drive or reverse?

Alright, I guess you can see where i'm getting at. It's STUPID simple! I'm not sure why people are intimidated to learn.

Uhh were talking manual not auto here. Manual is pretty simple but it takes awhile to get a feel for the clutch and smoothly transition from gear to gear. Then there's down shifting and other techniques to be learned. It's a simple concept but the execution takes some practice to get right.

Wait... why would I be talking about auto? I'm just saying the same concepts of just moving the shifter and pressing on the gas/brakes is the same as pressing on the clutch and changing gears.

laugh.gif
at someone saying it takes years to learn. I learned when I was only 14, took me 30 minutes. I bolded the word "simple" because it's all that matters in your post. It's simple, point blank!
You'd be talking about auto because you never mentioned using the clutch to shift, which is the main part of driving a manual transmission car. It's simple but it's not just a matter of shifting park>reverse>drive.
I get what you mean though, people make too big of a deal about it like it's impossible to learn but at the same time you made it sound no different than driving an auto.

Alright, I guess you can see where i'm getting at. It's STUPID simple! I'm not sure why people are intimidated to learn.

Uhh were talking manual not auto here. Manual is pretty simple but it takes awhile to get a feel for the clutch and smoothly transition from gear to gear. Then there's down shifting and other techniques to be learned. It's a simple concept but the execution takes some practice to get right.

Wait... why would I be talking about auto? I'm just saying the same concepts of just moving the shifter and pressing on the gas/brakes is the same as pressing on the clutch and changing gears.

laugh.gif
at someone saying it takes years to learn. I learned when I was only 14, took me 30 minutes. I bolded the word "simple" because it's all that matters in your post. It's simple, point blank!
You'd be talking about auto because you never mentioned using the clutch to shift, which is the main part of driving a manual transmission car. It's simple but it's not just a matter of shifting park>reverse>drive.
I get what you mean though, people make too big of a deal about it like it's impossible to learn but at the same time you made it sound no different than driving an auto.

Originally Posted by bruza

This is my car now and it's manual transmission.  My friend had to drive it home when I bought it. 
laugh.gif

Once I learned, I never looked back. 
pimp.gif

I still want one of these though. 
glasses.gif

I love these things. How long have you owned it? How reliable has it been?

This is my car now and it's manual transmission.  My friend had to drive it home when I bought it. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

glasses.gif

i just came in this thread to laugh at the title.....

wow.

been driving stick since i started driving.. i've only driven an automatic car twice.

i just came in this thread to laugh at the title.....

wow.

been driving stick since i started driving.. i've only driven an automatic car twice.

its funny how people who drive stick make fun of ppl who drive auto lulz...

i doubt that they dont want to learn just dont have time too or dont have access to one

its funny how people who drive stick make fun of ppl who drive auto lulz...

i doubt that they dont want to learn just dont have time too or dont have access to one

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

glasses.gif

Bought it April '07. So almost 4 years.  It's been "reasonably" reliable.  Luckily I had the balance of the factory warranty up until last year and I have extended warranty now.  Like any European Car, it's only as good as it's service history.  

I drove it all the way to Maine (from Salt Lake City) last summer.  GREAT road car.  

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

glasses.gif

Bought it April '07. So almost 4 years.  It's been "reasonably" reliable.  Luckily I had the balance of the factory warranty up until last year and I have extended warranty now.  Like any European Car, it's only as good as it's service history.  

I drove it all the way to Maine (from Salt Lake City) last summer.  GREAT road car.  

I taught myself over the course of a month. It Italy. On the Amalfi Coast.

Great times. And not hard at all.

I taught myself over the course of a month. It Italy. On the Amalfi Coast.

Great times. And not hard at all.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

i cant do a stick cause i smoke and listen to my ipod and @!#+.  

Originally Posted by 93SnakedFox

a purple M3

plates read; "& Jetskis"

Brilliant.
roll.gif

dead !$%, if i ever get some money, im doing this.....so hard.

I don't get it.
and I drive manual... talking on my cell, smoking, flipping thru songs on iPod, eating chinese food with chop stix even tho I've got a fork

i cant do a stick cause i smoke and listen to my ipod and @!#+.  

Originally Posted by 93SnakedFox

a purple M3

plates read; "& Jetskis"

Brilliant.
roll.gif

dead !$%, if i ever get some money, im doing this.....so hard.

I don't get it.
and I drive manual... talking on my cell, smoking, flipping thru songs on iPod, eating chinese food with chop stix even tho I've got a fork

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Ahhh well my bad then, I see what you're saying now. But that's why I put "I guess you can see where i'm getting at..." oh well it's all good though.

10 Piece Nuggets wrote:

bmw-335i-white-coupe.14.JPG

frown.gif
So much win! I love this car!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Ahhh well my bad then, I see what you're saying now. But that's why I put "I guess you can see where i'm getting at..." oh well it's all good though.

10 Piece Nuggets wrote:

bmw-335i-white-coupe.14.JPG

frown.gif
So much win! I love this car!

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

OP you say if you could drive a manual like it's some kind of rarity....smh
honestly 1/3 of the people who drive stick dont know how to drive it properly

but true, its not rare to see someone driving stick....

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

OP you say if you could drive a manual like it's some kind of rarity....smh
honestly 1/3 of the people who drive stick dont know how to drive it properly

but true, its not rare to see someone driving stick....

Driving stick is pretty hard to pick up, but once you get it down its night and day. I'd def rather drive a stick than a automatic now.

Back
Top Bottom