What car would you buy with $11,000?

So I'm in the market for a car and have about 11k to spend.
I'm a commuting student and need a reliable car, I'm thinking along the lines of accord or camry, even though I hate these type of sedans I don't think I could afford the insurance on a sportier car. I'm curious to see what you guys suggest.

I'm a commuting student and need a reliable car, I'm thinking along the lines of accord or camry, even though I hate these type of sedans I don't think I could afford the insurance on a sportier car. I'm curious to see what you guys suggest.

09-10 Cadillac CTS
smokin.gif

Toyota's are very overpriced from what I see on craigslist, they're reliable but people bank on that to overcharge.

Right now I'm saving for a car around $6000-9000, and I like the Honda Civic. It can be overpriced but for the most part it's very reliable and easy on gas, which is great for a student. They're also low key, which will keep cops from always checking your car out.

Other cars I'm looking at are Subaru Imprezas, WRXs (which are more costly to insure, get noticed by cops more and it's hard to find one which hasn't been launched/modified heavily).

Nissan Sentras, Altimas and Mazda Proteges are also on my list, but I'm aiming for a Civic. They're popular also, so if you have problems you can find help easily.

Toyota's are very overpriced from what I see on craigslist, they're reliable but people bank on that to overcharge.

Right now I'm saving for a car around $6000-9000, and I like the Honda Civic. It can be overpriced but for the most part it's very reliable and easy on gas, which is great for a student. They're also low key, which will keep cops from always checking your car out.

Other cars I'm looking at are Subaru Imprezas, WRXs (which are more costly to insure, get noticed by cops more and it's hard to find one which hasn't been launched/modified heavily).

Nissan Sentras, Altimas and Mazda Proteges are also on my list, but I'm aiming for a Civic. They're popular also, so if you have problems you can find help easily.

I've been noticing that, always listed above KBB value, even though they are in a rush to get rid of it.  

I've been noticing that, always listed above KBB value, even though they are in a rush to get rid of it.  

Get a Honda. #1 in Consumer Ratings for reliability and relatively inexpensive to maintain and purchase.

Get a Honda. #1 in Consumer Ratings for reliability and relatively inexpensive to maintain and purchase.

Originally Posted by picknroll24

Know for sure. Find a car you like and get quotes! That's what I did anyway..

But to answer your question I would look at:

Acura RSX
2001-2005 Honda Civic Si
2003- 2005 Honda Accord
2003-2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R
2004-2007 Mazda Mazda3

Originally Posted by picknroll24

Know for sure. Find a car you like and get quotes! That's what I did anyway..

But to answer your question I would look at:

Acura RSX
2001-2005 Honda Civic Si
2003- 2005 Honda Accord
2003-2005 Nissan Sentra SE-R
2004-2007 Mazda Mazda3

Back
Top Bottom