what do u guys think the most over rated basketball stat is

Originally Posted by jsolesol11

well i am going to go with free throw percentage cuz Shaq has four rings with one of the worst free throw percentages in the history of basketball.
laugh.gif
@ The reasoning behind that.

Are you being serious though? I can't tell.
glasses.gif

People using rebounds per game or points per game as a collective stat to rank teams. It just got to me because I heard all year that "boston is the worst rebounding team in the league", yet we played a very slow pace and had a philosophy of not crashing the offensive boards. In reality, the Warriors were the worst rebounding team in the league by far according to DReb% and OReb%, but it doesn't show up in raw numbers because they flew up and down the court.

Definitely steals, though.

Somebody should list the top 10 in steals last year, and we can see if some of these dudes are really good defenders.

List the top 10 in assists, and I think we can say for the most part, all those dudes are legit PG's.

I'm on my phone though, so I can't really check

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Definitely steals. You could be a horrible defender and just get steals off gambling and being in bad defensive position.

Yup, and that's at all levels. I see people who average a lot of steals but can't stay in front of their man. 

Back
Top Bottom