What Do You'll Think Of Common?

Finding Forever is a very solid album. Common is pretty consistent. He gets props for stayin on that conscious tip.

Originally Posted by Powfo

Finding Forever is a very solid album. Common is pretty consistent. He gets props for stayin on that conscious tip.

Agreed although his stuff i've been hearing recently sucks.

He's personally one of my favorite MC's but yes UMC did suck pretty bad, but there are some tracks on there that I do like...

and BE will always be one of my favorite albums, and I liked finding forever as well

I've been listening to Common since I was a kid, but UMC is trash.
sick.gif
It didn't turn me off to him completely, but I had to put on some Common from the early 90's immediately to remember why I started listening to him in the first place.

Imo I think "like water" is his best work and I don't think his music was ever the same after that. Alot of people label "be" as aclassic or w/e but I never felt it on that level. Solid def but classic ehh. Finding Forever was ok but UMC was awful.I don't think he has the driveanymore to spit like he used to. Drivin me wild is one of my fav songs by dude tho

Like-Water-For-Chocolate.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One of my top 5 favorite albums of all time. The ?westlove and J Dilla production is untouchable.

Originally Posted by MALI700

BE and everything before it are classic imo except for Electric Circus (don't come at me with your bs like that %#+% was good CAUSE THAT %#+% SUCKED!)

UMC is almost as bad as a Bow Wow album

overall top 50, maybe even top 25
No way! why do people hate this album so much??
I thought it was pretty damn good, especially Gladiator, and Inhale

Originally Posted by TheGameOwesMe

Has some really good albums, and BE is a personal classic (the intro
eek.gif
). Didn't necessarily hate UMC, but... like... he really didn't have to make that
Well said.

After BE, I don't know what happened. As soon as he went Hollywood it was like he forgot how to spit. Don't let me get started on his Jonas Brotherscollabo.

Like water for chocolate- so ill
electric circus- lame
be- so I'll
finding forever- alright
umc- trash....

Common is dope, he and kanye are a good team....top 25.

Originally Posted by M16

Was a decent alternative type rapper for a while that ultimately ended up turning into trash. Top 200.
and you probably think Weezy is the greatest rapper alive
grin.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Same as Mos except in a bit of a better light

Still though both get a
eyes.gif
tired.gif
Its clear to me that with Kanye he is at his best.
laugh.gif

no.

Common with No ID, Common with Dilla > Common with Kanye.

and it's not even fair, so i don't know how you can say he's best with 'ye...

Be might've been great, but FF is huff...that alone should've decided that.

My favourite (not arguing he's the best) rapper of all-time. I've got all of his joints, and love the majority of them.

I'll admit I didn't like 'Universal Mind Control" at first, but it grew on me eventually. It doesn't come close to comparing to anythingin his catalog, but I can toss it on and enjoy it.

"High Expectations" will always be my joint... "brothers opinions is Bias-ed, like Len that I'llend up like Ben, Wilson".

Same with "Take It EZ", another of my personal favourites.

Back
Top Bottom