What Does Taste in Music Tell Us About Others?

It shows an adventurous side rather-think about it..it's branching out from the comfort zone the media gives us. Expressing how much you like a certain band/singer/group etc without knowing/caring if anyone else agrees? Shows individuality.  
glasses.gif

It shows an adventurous side rather-think about it..it's branching out from the comfort zone the media gives us. Expressing how much you like a certain band/singer/group etc without knowing/caring if anyone else agrees? Shows individuality.  
glasses.gif

I listen to:
Hip Hop
r&b
Rock/Indie
Electronica (Very little)

I mostly listen to Hip Hop though, its what i like the most. I like my music to be melody driven so I also listen to rock when I feel like it.
I dont think you can judge someone off the music they like. ITS PREFERENCE I like Hip Hop mostly cause it speaks to me and the I live my life the beat, the words etc.
But what I do notice is the people that mostly get ragged on for listening to only one genre are hip hop listeners.Hip Hop is just as diverse as other genres so I dont get why that happens.

I listen to:
Hip Hop
r&b
Rock/Indie

I mostly listen to Hip Hop though, its what i like the most. I like my music to be melody driven so I also listen to rock when I feel like it.
I dont think you can judge someone off the music they like. ITS PREFERENCE I like Hip Hop mostly cause it speaks to me and the I live my life the beat, the words etc.
But what I do notice is the people that mostly get ragged on for listening to only one genre are hip hop listeners.Hip Hop is just as diverse as other genres so I dont get why that happens.

Originally Posted by versache530

mytmouse76 wrote:

Sois Frais G wrote:

ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING

i gotta go with this
i agree.

disagree...I can't even %*%% with you if all you listen to is radio music. run of the mill people listen to and do run of the mill things, so i believe in any "genre" of person, the more eclectic your music is the more interesting of a person you will be

Originally Posted by versache530

mytmouse76 wrote:

Sois Frais G wrote:

ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING

i gotta go with this
i agree.

disagree...I can't even %*%% with you if all you listen to is radio music. run of the mill people listen to and do run of the mill things, so i believe in any "genre" of person, the more eclectic your music is the more interesting of a person you will be

Originally Posted by WILKS592

I listen to:
Hip Hop
r&b
Rock/Indie

People hear you like rap and just classify you under "ignorant"
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by WILKS592

I listen to:
Hip Hop
r&b
Rock/Indie

People hear you like rap and just classify you under "ignorant"
eyes.gif

It's become so cliche to have an eclectic taste that almost everyone does. Taste, aside from maybe people who only listen to the radio, displays nothing any more.

It's become so cliche to have an eclectic taste that almost everyone does. Taste, aside from maybe people who only listen to the radio, displays nothing any more.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

The "everything but country" is soooo overdone.

Country sucks.

Country does suck.
yep, its pretty bad man
I listen to a ton of stuff, no matter the genre as long the production is nice (no I dont mean most of them b.s. beats from the south)

but my preference is what every NYC latino/hispanic listens to, bachata, salsa, hip hop etc...

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

The "everything but country" is soooo overdone.

Country sucks.

Country does suck.
yep, its pretty bad man
I listen to a ton of stuff, no matter the genre as long the production is nice (no I dont mean most of them b.s. beats from the south)

but my preference is what every NYC latino/hispanic listens to, bachata, salsa, hip hop etc...

if you're an adult (say 21+ to be generous) and you have very undeveloped musical tastes (i mean awful, like if your favorite music is top 40 or nickelback or something) then i sort of assume you're not very smart

that might not be fair but .....

if you're an adult (say 21+ to be generous) and you have very undeveloped musical tastes (i mean awful, like if your favorite music is top 40 or nickelback or something) then i sort of assume you're not very smart

that might not be fair but .....

I don't know that it can always tell you SPECIFIC things about people, but often it can say a good handful, especially combined with other factors. Generally people around me who claim to listen to 'country and rap' and drive large lifted trucks.. well you can guess what kind of guys they are.

But I say it can't tell you everything about people because that is true. Personally I am into very different styles of music. I like southern rock/jam bands, indie stuff, alternative rock, drum and bass, some electronic genres, hip hop, ambient orchestras, blues, hard rock, metal, dubstep, folk, jazz, funk, grunge.. I could go on.

The thing is.. everyone likes something different out of each genre. I enjoy bluegrass and folk but really can't do country music, especially modern country.

In short, I just don't think you can be specific, but you can definitely see some things about a person. I am one of the people who generally will claim to like "most anything" but I don't fit the shallow mold. I have 6000+ songs in the library with countless different genre, so I can actually understand some people who say 'everything'.

I don't know that it can always tell you SPECIFIC things about people, but often it can say a good handful, especially combined with other factors. Generally people around me who claim to listen to 'country and rap' and drive large lifted trucks.. well you can guess what kind of guys they are.

But I say it can't tell you everything about people because that is true. Personally I am into very different styles of music. I like southern rock/jam bands, indie stuff, alternative rock, drum and bass, some electronic genres, hip hop, ambient orchestras, blues, hard rock, metal, dubstep, folk, jazz, funk, grunge.. I could go on.

The thing is.. everyone likes something different out of each genre. I enjoy bluegrass and folk but really can't do country music, especially modern country.

In short, I just don't think you can be specific, but you can definitely see some things about a person. I am one of the people who generally will claim to like "most anything" but I don't fit the shallow mold. I have 6000+ songs in the library with countless different genre, so I can actually understand some people who say 'everything'.

Back
Top Bottom