What ever happened to your old HS classmates? (Vol. 5 year reunion)

Got my 5 year reunion coming up...
eek.gif

I guess this topic is for those of us who have been out of HS for several years.

I've lost touch with most of the people I went to HS with. Granted, I'm probably "friends" with them on Facebook (
smh.gif
), but I haven't talked to them or seen them since the night we graduated. I guessI've kept tabs on them through that, or through this one friend who still seems to know everybody's dirt...

I went to a small HS, so...

-One girl had a child.
-One girl has had two abortions and is now pregnant for a 3rd time. Apparently she's planning on keeping this one...
tired.gif

-A few people have been engaged, but nobody went through with the marriage.
laugh.gif

-One guy is in Iraq now.
-One guy beat leukemia.
pimp.gif

-One girl spent time in rehab for anorexia.
-One girl tried to commit suicide by running her car into a telephone pole. She failed in her quest, but did spend several months in a specialized brain injuryrehab hospital.
-Of the three who landed full athletic scholarships, they all quit playing within a year.
-Two confirmed what we all suspected and finally came out of the closet.
...and you've got your usual number that have had issues with alcohol, drugs, etc.

I can't wait for this reunion, honestly.

5 yrs?...
I wouldn't even bother... people are just getting out of college.

I had my 10yrs several years ago...didn't bother going... talked to some people who did..and they made me glad I didn't go.

I might go to the 15 or 20 yr one though.

You're so old, Dirty.
laugh.gif

You're right, though. It'll probably be a waste of time and everybody will probably have the same story to tell. Fresh out of college and working thesame entry-level jobs, paying back those student loans, etc.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

talked to some people who did..and they made me glad I didn't go.

Mind me asking why??? I actually can't wait until my 10 year reunion, just to see what everybody else have been doing during all that time.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

5 yrs?...
I wouldn't even bother... people are just getting out of college.

I had my 10yrs several years ago...didn't bother going... talked to some people who did..and they made me glad I didn't go.

I might go to the 15 or 20 yr one though.

dang Dirty you're old as dirt
laugh.gif

OK not really just older than expected

I had my 10yrs several years ago
Gotta start calling Dirty, Mr. Dirty...
laugh.gif

My 6 year anniversary is this year and honestly, all the people I was cool with, I found on myspace. The rest can eat feces and retire from life for all Icare.

Who cares? I lost touch with damn near everyone I went to highschool with. Although I do go to college with a few kids from my highschool that I'm gladI'm friends with.

Dead
In and out of Jail
Multiple Children
Smoked out

Others went to school or are doing something with themselves....

roll.gif
@ 5 yr reunion, wait another 5 years and see if anyone really cares ofreuniting....
laugh.gif

My 10 year is this year but haven't heard anything, I never intended on going. It just goes to show that we cared so much about reuniting when we wereyounger, but when the time actually came, it didn't really mean much. Man, time sure flew by....

Majority are in college
Others working part-time jobs
Others in the streets getting money and hustlin weed and drugs
A couple I know had babies

Originally Posted by shch

Mind me asking why??? I actually can't wait until my 10 year reunion, just to see what everybody else have been doing during all that time.

it could've just been my reunion...but the people I spoke to said it was exactly like HS...same groups talking to the same people... and it was verydisorganized and quite lackluster
You're so old, Dirty.
laugh.gif

i know i know. I feel like a parent when I logon these days.

some people lead complete different lives. i didnt finish high school. i probley wont be around in 10 years to see people in texas. high school sucked its allabout what car your parents buy you to drive and other bull +%*. im glad im out.

I have 5 people from my high school that I still talk to regularly, 2 go to Ohio State with me (1 being my roommate, theother lives like 2 doors down from us), 2 that go to school like 10 min away, and 1 that lives in Florida but has been my best friend since kindergarten. Theothers I could care less about honestly.

5 year reunion is crap. i doubt if i'll even go after 10 years. i keep in touch with all my best friends from hs so i guess the reunion isnt for me anyway,because i'll just keep in touch with the ones im closest with, outside of that i dont care. i do think about random people from hs from time to timethough....its weird though sometimes i'll have dreams where i'll see a bunch of people that i for the most part forgot about, then i wake up and thinkback to remember if i knew them in hs, juco, or at my university..its kind of funny

I didn't get invited to my 10 year
roll.gif
. me and Dirty are some oldtimers. I'll just say next year is my 15th....
eek.gif

My ex was in charge of it and she neglected to invite me. all my friends got invites though
laugh.gif

none of my friends went anyways, but from the people I talked to that did go, it was real boring.
and they were charging people
smh.gif
. one of the girls we went to high school with lived in literally a mansion and they had it at her house.
pool, full court bball and a tennis court and half a soccer field in her backyard. but charging for alcohol like high school red cup status.
you ain't missing much at a 5 year. half the people are strung out and the other half are barely out of college.
i went to my wife's 10 year and it was real fun.

-J-

eek.gif
@ Dirty having his 10 year reunion several years ago.

As far as still being in contact with people from HS, I'm good friends with 4 people and hang out with a good 8 people from HS.

hahaha that's a funny list... i just got out of highschool, so i can't say... but i do have my predictions, haha...

I was walking down a busy block near my house and was stopped by someone asking for a dollar. i looked over and recognized him immeadiately. His name wasDaryl, and he was the best player on my Varsity HS basketball team. He looked terrible. He was dirty and cold and you could tell he was in very bad shape. Ididnt want to get into it with him, so i pretended i didnt know him and gave him the dollar. I walked away, but felt bad for him. We used to be good friendsback in the day. I guess we made pretty different decisions in life.

I graduated in 95' and most of friends now are highschool homies. So its really no use for us to go to a 10 or 15 year reunion cuz we see each other on theweekends.

Back
Top Bottom