What Happened to Nike SB ???

CNCPTS "when pigs fly" dropped a few months ago & were pretty dope IMO but there has been a shortage of SBs lately. Last high-moderately sought after SB before CNCPTS were Springsteen's & Concords here in SE Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperjackchees

Actually, I'm curious about this part. Where did the hype for SB's ever start? It seems like not really any celebs outside of Wale and Jason Sudeikis messed with Nike SB. At least, none of the mainstream rappers that I can think of. And anyone that responds, please don't call professional skateboarders celebrities.

I may be going out on a limb but I would say Paul Rodriguez qualifies as a celebrity

Actually, I'm curious about this part. Where did the hype for SB's ever start? It seems like not really any celebs outside of Wale and Jason Sudeikis messed with Nike SB. At least, none of the mainstream rappers that I can think of. And anyone that responds, please don't call professional skateboarders celebrities. 
Pharrell and Kanye were some of the first to rock SB's dating back to the silver box series....

The pink boxes were some of the best, but I think SB really started falling off once the gold boxes started coming around. I miss the elaborate concepts and designs. The beavis and butthead pack has a cool inspiration, but the execution on the shoe is bland.....R.I.P SB

Lupe put me on sb back on kick push
I rember collecting them and no on knowing what they were and then kick push dropped and we all started doing our research. Me includedI remember listening to that and doing the research, shortly after I copped the Morks.

I think SB should retro to cause all the colorways that are nice are way to hard to find these days
That would be pretty cool if they did decide to retro some of the classic SBs, but then I thought about how rare some of the older sbs are and the fact that they are very few shoes that sneaker heads don't have have to worry about seeing 40 other people in their local mall/targe/wal-mart ect. The would lose their prestige if they re-retro'ed the classics

Nike  will be going into zumiez this year 2013, so for their core fans it will be "dead", however, this will open a whole new page for mall kids everywhere!

Who is Nike SB's "core" fans, the kids who were too cool for SB's at a mall?

One and the same but one is a wider audience

Hypebeasts who find themselves special are pathetic

Nobody ever really skated in Dunk SB's because they just don't skate as well as other shoes out there.  Most skate shoes are always way cheaper than Dunks as well.  

You're also going to beat the hell out of your shoes skating, so destroying a pair of Tiffany's isn't appealing to me.

I actually think Nike SB is doing some nice things with the Janoski, P-Rod and Koston lines.  Nice tech going into those.  When people think of Nike SB dying, they're probably looking at SB Dunks specifically.  This I can understand, because they're just putting up random colorways on a shoe without improving it's tech.  There's no story or anything behind it and thus no hype generated.  I don't really touch Jordan Retros and foams pretty much for the same reason.

I don't like the idea of there being a retro for any of the SB classics yet.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my hands on some grails I missed, but I would rather they come up with a Tiffany 2 and etc.  11 years in just isn't long enough for a retro in my opinion.  

Nobody ever really skated in Dunk SB's because they just don't skate as well as other shoes out there.  Most skate shoes are always way cheaper than Dunks as well.  

You're also going to beat the hell out of your shoes skating, so destroying a pair of Tiffany's isn't appealing to me.

I actually think Nike SB is doing some nice things with the Janoski, P-Rod and Koston lines.  Nice tech going into those.  When people think of Nike SB dying, they're probably looking at SB Dunks specifically.  This I can understand, because they're just putting up random colorways on a shoe without improving it's tech.  There's no story or anything behind it and thus no hype generated.  I don't really touch Jordan Retros and foams pretty much for the same reason.

I don't like the idea of there being a retro for any of the SB classics yet.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my hands on some grails I missed, but I would rather they come up with a Tiffany 2 and etc.  11 years in just isn't long enough for a retro in my opinion.  

I agree, Nike SB is gaining the most success from their technical skating shoes. But 2013 has been a stronger year for dunks than some recent years.

SBs will definitely come back. probably in another 5 years.. lebron has been stealing the show recently. his 5 min will fade.

Unds these tonight

We saw a new interest in it with those Lance Mountains but aside from that haven't seen much to write home about. Similar to the golden era of SB's, the resell hype is as strong as ever on that particular model. 

We saw a new interest in it with those Lance Mountains but aside from that haven't seen much to write home about. Similar to the golden era of SB's, the resell hype is as strong as ever on that particular model. 

The cool thing is that nowadays, most SB Dunks hit disco with the quickness.. The sad part is that this will likely eventually cause less cws to be released.

Honestly, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Nike put one model of SBs (i.e. Dunk Pro Lows) in the vault for awhile like they did for Jordan 3s.

The cool thing is that nowadays, most SB Dunks hit disco with the quickness.. The sad part is that this will likely eventually cause less cws to be released.

Honestly, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Nike put one model of SBs (i.e. Dunk Pro Lows) in the vault for awhile like they did for Jordan 3s.
i doubt it would be a dunk,thats there bread in butter other than janoski's. I'm sure it would be a model no one would even miss.

Back
Top Bottom