What Happened to Nike SB ???

^You can't be serious, dude. "If you want the old stuff, then seriously get a job, make some money, and go buy them like everyone has been doing since they came out."...Really? When the first silver box SB's came out, people were buying them for $65 or $75 retail. Why would you ever want to pay four to ten times more the amount of money when you can get them for ~100 retail if Nike were to retro these shoes again. It just doesn't make sense.
ohwell.gif

I know most of y'all don't want SBs to retro because they will lost their "value" and "exclusiveness." But if you're a "sneakerhead," then you shouldn't give a crap. Only "hypebeasts" should care about that stuff, no?

I meant that people were buying them in general, not necessarily for today's market values. Please listen to what I'm saying in my "long" post and give me your reasons as to whether or not you would participate and I'd also like some feedback on my points. Thanks.

It's not value I'm worried about, its legacy and integrity of Nike SB I'm worried about, they dont need retros to be popular, they need to bring back quality 05 standards, and make cws that we like, in a quantity that people fiend for. Read my points, then reply.

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

IF WE BOYCOTT DUNKS (which will lead to shops not ordering them from Nike SB), WE WILL ALL BE BETTER OFF, INCLUDING SHOPS AND NIKE SB's POPULARITY...the long term benefit (dope cws that are sought after, with 05 quality materials and padding) outweighs the short term benefits (the very few people that actually like the current shoes and buy them, while the rest of us have to keep having crappy quality, and whack cws that arent sought after). There is little reason to object to this plan, except for the fact that some of you may be uncertain of the outcome and thus reluctant to try. We wont get anything unless we try. I know you see my points ayipapi, I look forward to your response. Thanks, also to ninjahood and sneakermane.
-EC91
eyes.gif
- who the hell is making you buy anything- you must fit into the category that I stated above. YOU'RE CLEARLY MAD THAT THE HYPE IS GONE - MAKING YOU FEEL LIKE  YOU AND YOUR "COLLECTION" AIN'T "COOL"- THUS- LAME!!!!!

These just dropped( suede and leather is on point) oh , and ya the tongue is stuffed
laugh.gif
smh,

Originally Posted by VietStar

^You can't be serious, dude. "If you want the old stuff, then seriously get a job, make some money, and go buy them like everyone has been doing since they came out."...Really? When the first silver box SB's came out, people were buying them for $65 or $75 retail. Why would you ever want to pay four to ten times more the amount of money when you can get them for ~100 retail if Nike were to retro these shoes again. It just doesn't make sense.
ohwell.gif

I know most of y'all don't want SBs to retro because they will lost their "value" and "exclusiveness." But if you're a "sneakerhead," then you shouldn't give a crap. Only "hypebeasts" should care about that stuff, no?
TRUE statement... i have a lot of shoes that came out before the retro... i got the 07 blue foams (first retro) OG white/red 12s, OG space jams and cool grays and other shoes... my point is i didn't care that they were coming out again... that just means another fresh pair for me because i already messed up my old pair... it didn't matter that my shoes were no longer exclusive because other people were going to have them...

I meant that the few people that actually do like the cws are happy, while the majority of SB heads just sleep on them. Those Jameson dunks were slept on by a lot of people, hence why they are ONLY 75 on ebay. Nobody wants them. I'm looking forward to ayipapi's response.

@El..I'm not sure WHY your on this boycott thing so hard...cause whatever it is your ignoring the points people are trying to explain to you...

Heres the thing...in your past couple post you keep mentioning resell price points...you understand that the only people who care about this are resellers and hype beast...I could care less what my sneakers are "worth" I cop..I rock...period...who cares what J-Packs are selling for on the bay..why does that define succes or failure of a brand???

To dudes point...Series 1 and some of series 2 SB sold for like $60...at the time there was a big box retail that on the lowwwww had a small retail shop specifically for Skaters...they sold SB's and werent allow markup cause it was a corporate company..they sold for retail...I cop'd Tiffs, Unkles, De La, Futura Prods..etc..all for between $80 and $95 (retail)...the Market drove up the price...to further his point...I have the sample Gucci's as well as other rare SB's..you know how much I paid...$39.99..you know where...Outlets...LOOOOONG before the hype scattered sizes would sit on hash walls....does that make them better or worse..of course not...the problem with your post is your allowing PRICE to defined what's hot...(1st strike of the beast)

I find it very strange that you keep mentioning Boycotting SB merely pointing at Dunks...you DO realize that the line is BIGGER then just dunks right?? You DO realize that the best selling model for 2010 was actually the Janoski right (based on production numbers vs sales number not overall sold)...your argument is alll over the place..why are you not boycotting Nike Sportswear???? You realize they also make dunks right??? How come 6.0 isnt catching heat from you???

And to FINALLY rap this up..Skaters skate in $20 Vans homie...$30 DC's...they don't need to spend big more for skate shoes...Nike SB will continue to produce kicks...if they are hot...I'll cop..if they are wack...I'll pass...just like every other sneaker line..

@Ayipapi, did you read my last "long" post directed at you as well as Ninjahood? I reflected on a lot of the points you brought up. The reason I am not attempting to boycott Nike Sportswear or 6.0 is because I care about SB dunks and SB in particular because they were popular and because of the actions of Nike SB starting in 06 they became unpopular. Them becoming unpopular had nothing to do with sneakerheads, it was a result of Nike SB as well as shops in way since they ordered too many pairs, I assume because they didn't know any better. I dont want to attack Nike Sportswear or 6.0 because I dont care about those brands and also because sneakerheads arent the main consumers of those brands either so we'd have no chance to make a difference. With SB, we have a serious shot at changing things and getting 05 back (dope cws, good quality, limited runs that drive desire and popularity, not to mention few sales racks with dunks at shops since they would all sell, which I'm sure you can relate to.

Yes while Janos may be the number 1 seller right now, they are mostly bought by skaters and a little bit by sneakerheads, but the thing on them is that there is no hype, depending on the cw. Also if SB had never changed I'm sure that dunks would still be their number one seller among sneakerheads. Yes Janos are a great skate shoe, but they are popular among skaters because they are relatively inexpensive.

I define the success of a shoe based on resale because honestly if it were a "popular" sought after then it would be worth more than retail on the resale market. Now the only reason Neon J Packs arent worth more, are two/ possibly three reasons 1) the hype wore off since we saw pics of them for 4-5 years so the shock of seeing that cw was lost and 2) there are too many on the market, they are too abundant. Fit issues may be an factor as well.
I'm not in it for the hype, I'm in because I like the shoes themselves, the hype was a byproduct of a majority of people liking the shoes as well.

Read my last "long" post (one page back) then respond, ayipapi. Thanks for your cooperation.
-EC91

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

The reason I am not attempting to boycott Nike Sportswear or 6.0 is because I care about SB dunks and SB in particular because they were popular and because of the actions of Nike SB starting in 06 they became unpopular. Them becoming unpopular had nothing to do with sneakerheads, it was a result of Nike SB as well as shops in way since they ordered too many pairs, I assume because they didn't know any better.
Yes while Janos may be the number 1 seller right now, they are mostly bought by skaters(wrong) and a little bit by sneakerheads, but the thing on them is that there is no hype, depending on the cw.
I define the success of a shoe based on resale because honestly if it were a "popular" sought after then it would be worth more than retail on the resale market. Now the only reason(wrong)re two/ possibly three reasons 1) the hype wore off since we saw pics of them for 4-5 years so the shock of seeing that cw was lost and 2) there are too many on the market, they are too abundant. Fit issues may be an factor as well.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif
Some people are too busy goin BLAH BLAH BLAH, instead of opening they're ears (or eyes in this case). Is this what they teach you over there on ISS?

what I meant by that is not that I like SBs because they are popular, its that I "care about this boycott" and seeing Nike SB changing its ways to make them popular again. Do you see the difference?

read the whole sentence next time because when taken out of context anyone can spin words and paint a picture of something else,
the reason I am not attempting to boycott Nike Sportswear or 6.0 is because
Do understand now?

We ALL get what you're sayin dude. They're shoes- you'd be better off boycotting gas (you know, something that we actually are dependent on as a whole). Although the problem with the gas boycott (atleast the method everyone is pushing) (no gas purchasing for one full day) is that although there would be super low sales on that particular day- sales would be inflated the day prior and the day after ebcause theres no way everyone is just shutting down completely (the same amount of fuel will end up being purchased and utilized) therefore- the oil/gas company's will get their money regardless.

We cant boycott gas and still live the way we do, the way we live, at least in America, is pretty wasteful. I know what you're saying, but can we please stay on topic?
-EC91

Oh, so your cool with accepting the fact that America is distgustingly greedy and selfish- but Nike's Dunk Sb line is crossing the line. Kids these days- dont care about crap but themselves- you can only see the world from your view , eh?
Stay on topic? I think everybody is done tryin to inform you- nothin left to say- PEACE

ayipapi, i'm sure after reading my "long" post willl have a lot to say?
@cham, were you ever into sbs before 06, just curious?

Dude I give up...you sound like an idiot right now...I'm sorry but this conversation is going no where...

@adipapi, how? Honestly why would you object to having people buy your products you have for sale and the consumer actually being happy?
 Do you think that if all or most shops ceased orders on dunks that Nike SB would listen and change?
Also I asked you a ton of questions and raised some interesting points, I at least expected more than that.
-EC91

@Savraj1
Yeah I know, but thats Nike SB's fault and some of the blame can be transfered onto shops as well. Nike SB lowered quality, made/ still makes mostly cws that dont appeal to MOST SB heads, and shops over ordered on the so called "decent cws". If SB was truly dead though, we wouldnt see skunks going for 300, as well as Liberty's going for 220ish. They have some promising cw thus demand for them went down. There is some stuff coming out which has potential, but they are all QS and not GR, 4/20s, possibly BP collab etc, BUT most of their GRs are whack. Where as most of the GRs 02-05 were liked by a lot of people, though some sat initially the desire still came through drastically.

I'm not saying SB doesnt have the ability to improve, they are just severely slacking. Surely SB still has potential, but quality needs to raised to 05 standards for it to truly be alive again. The boycott will hopefully ensure this happens. Its not really a boycott in the traditional sense, its just shops paying attention to their main consumers (sneakerheads) when it comes to dunks and then stopping the orders.
Shops won't suffer if they believe in the plan and tell Nike SB what I and many others would want in a dunk. We just need all or most of the SB heads on the same page and believing that this can work, believing that it has potential to change things. I dont think I can find an SB head who wouldnt want 05 back again or if I could they'd be an extremely small minority.

Has anyone gone through the different parts on WTDs and seen if the "parts" are the same as the ogs in terms of quality? Also I just received confirmation that skunks have the same the "cardboard" like feel to them in the heel part of the shoe (there was more padding on the older dunks) but not as bad as RESNs. The Marge Simpson Highs have so-so buttery suede and decent padding, but are still far from the older dunks, according to my friend who is really high up on ISS/NSB. Basically his and many's standard for suede butteryness is Sea Crystals and any other high from that time period can be used as the standard for padding as well.

Some it all up dunls bot really really big, sb's were going hard and then u had the gr's comin im full force so side by side the market got over saturated and the other connection would be the jerkers they were a fad and killed the dunk in the same process.

SBs died when Nike SB lowered quality and stopped coming out with good cws, 2006. I see no reason at all why shops should keep ordering dunks because the only ones that are any good are the QS's these days and by continuing to order dunks they are just digging themselves deeper into having them sit on sales racks.

Can you guys please tell me why you arent behind my idea? Is it because you dont want dunks back or because you dont think it will work?

And ayipapi can you tell me why your shop doesnt want to support my plan? If all the SB accounts stopped ordering dunks and told SB the stuff I advocated for then we would get 05 back, shops would make profits, and would continue ordering dunks and everyone would be satisfied. What is wrong about my plan (from your point of view)? My plan is more than SB, shops, or anyone is doing to try and revive the SB dunk to where it should have always remained. If you guys dont follow my plan or take some course of action to change Nike SBs ways, then the SB dunk will stay dead and you guys will continue to have a lot of GR dunks on sales racks. So please, adipapi I would like to know why you aren't either seeing a need for my plan or joining along with me. You know that when GRs were solid, shops rarely complained since they were selling, even though those people werent skaters. I think that as long as dunks are 83-100, and as long as other brands price their stuff at 65-75, the SB dunk will rarely be purchased by skaters. And if it doesnt have a limited run and/ or popular sought after cw, then sneakerheads wont buy it. So the way I see it, I see no reason why you (shops) shouldn't be trying to change the situation.

son there's like 5-6 foamposite threads on da first page...no one cares about SBs anymore 
laugh.gif

On NT maybe not, but we sure do on ISS (banned) and NSB (very active).
I know what you're saying man and I have to agree, as far as NT goes. Thanks for your time ninjahood, ayipapi, and cham.
-EC91

bought all my sb's for the low... sold them for high

cool at first, but the "nicknames" killed it IMO, every release was given some bs nickname and the gimmick eventually got old

You can't tell shops to stop ordering the DUNK lows, mids, highs? I thought NIKE just sends them everything and they have to try to sell it no matter if it's on discount or sold back to nike outlets..that's why there are so many in outlets. Skate Shops don't have a choice to carry certain things. They need to pay to carry NIKES and have a contract with them. Shops don't even know the exact release dates Nike SBs come out on. You sell more stock, you get more sizes on limited releases.

A lot of shops I know use to carry NIKE SBs but now stop carrying them since they didn't sell and was probably too expensive to have a contract with NIKE. NIKES are usually sold to non skaters and mostly to hypebeasts and collectors. Nike SB line has died off along with Jordans because the economy sucks and resellers can't buy multiple pairs to try to sell any more. Basically the so called "Shoe Game" is over in some ways. People grow older and grow up and go onto better things like saving up money for car, house, family, or kids. The thing I never got was how kids got so much money to buy these things.

I still love Nike SBs and I don't skate but would like to learn. I just love shoes in general and try to wear everything I buy. You're not gonna stop a company like Nike from producing Dunks bad quality or good quality. You're not gonna be able to tell a store to stop ordering DUNKs so that quality is gonna get better. What if Nike SB went the Jordan route and brought back out some of the old stuff back in the days and RETRO'd them? What if they made them as crappy as Jordan Brand does with their retros? Jordan Brand along with Nike SB has been stepping up their quality lately and I love some of their GR and limited stuff they've been releasing.

Shoe collecting is dead.....what are you gonna do with them but build up closet space and catch dust? No more room in your house for shoes.

What shoes do you got EC91 from the Nike SB line 2002-2011? Oldest pair I got that are only Pink Boxes no Silver.

Originally Posted by ChamWillJam23

YOU'RE CLEARLY MAD THAT THE HYPE IS GONE - MAKING YOU FEEL LIKE  YOU AND YOUR "COLLECTION" AIN'T "COOL"- THUS- LAME!!!!!

These just dropped( suede and leather is on point) oh , and ya the tongue is stuffed
laugh.gif
smh,

This post sums up what ERR' BODY has been trying to tell you. This is a new colorway. If it dropped in the pink box era, cats would of lined up for it. But today....nobody cares about it. A good colorway & fat tongue none the less but NOBODY CARES ANYMORE. The cool factor is GONE!!!!

Retroes will bring back that cool factor....nothing else will work. And trust me, the shops want it & it will happen.

Like homie Ayipapi said....I'm done too after this. It's like beating a dead horse with a stick trying to get you to comprehend.

I'm a Nike SB fan until the day I die. Don't buy every shoe, but I buy the installments I like and they come through once a month at retail price because the homies around my way run the shop the right way. No hype prices, shoes hit shelves the day they're supposed to, not early, not ebay... they have a dope sales rack in the back of the store and it's all for the love of the game. No busting my head to get enough money for the weekly jordan/kobe/lebron/foam limited release for twice as much when I get a shoe that noone else has on anyway... Sneakerheads might be getting away from SB, but I think its because they're going for something else. There are plenty of Hipster/Skater kids among others in the shop 24/7. It's not dead, just changing IMO

Back
Top Bottom