What irks you the most when playing ball?

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

That random dumb a** N'a that walk across your pick-up game like...

"Yo!!!... Lemme see the ball!!! Lemme get a shot right quick!!!!..."

indifferent.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

N'a don't even make the free shot that you give him, but wanna interfere wit your game....
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

dreClark wrote:
Kickaddicted wrote:
Guys call for the ball like they are on your team when they are really on the other team
laugh.gif
I love doing that! Works a charm, especially when the person with the ball already is nervous or has other teammates already calling them.
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Yo, Yo, I'm here"

***Claps hands twice***

Works like a charm...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

esp. when dude just got a rebound and you take off like you on a break.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

That random dumb a** N'a that walk across your pick-up game like...

"Yo!!!... Lemme see the ball!!! Lemme get a shot right quick!!!!..."

indifferent.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

N'a don't even make the free shot that you give him, but wanna interfere wit your game....
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

dreClark wrote:
Kickaddicted wrote:
Guys call for the ball like they are on your team when they are really on the other team
laugh.gif
I love doing that! Works a charm, especially when the person with the ball already is nervous or has other teammates already calling them.
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

"Yo, Yo, I'm here"

***Claps hands twice***

Works like a charm...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

esp. when dude just got a rebound and you take off like you on a break.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
this happend to me the last time i played. it was getting dark and the lightsstill havent turned on. i wasnt wearing contacts that day and couldnt see well. so i passed it to some random dude asking for it.
laugh.gif

BIGGEST
mad.gif
= When others DO NOT PUT ON DEODERANT
indifferent.gif
JESUS CHRIST!

One time in a pick up game, this dude FOR SURE didnt use any and smelled like a horse
sick.gif

- When others seem to be playing without effort
- Not getting rebound when you can/should
- Losing

People that talk about how nice they are and when they get on the court they are trash

Also people that jack up 3's like crazy and miss almost every time

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I hate when...

• When I'm off, I'm off.
    tired.gif
    When I'm on, I'm on.
    devil.gif
    I can't find a happy medium to save my life sometimes. When I'm off, I'm missing everything from jumpers to lay-ups. When I'm on, I'm hitting everything and banking in 3's. It makes no sense. Actually, I think it's a mental thing. Still...
    mad.gif
    mad.gif
    mad.gif
  • Dudes walk onto the court with Jordan shoes, Jordan shorts, Jordan headbands, Jordan armbands, Ballerbands...and can't play for $%%@.
    roll.gif
    Lies and deceit.
It's absolutely maddening to be streaky.

Last week, I was lights out; last night, I was missing elbow jumpers like it was my job.

The dudes who dress the part but can't play for *%#% are at least good for a laugh, though.

I still remember one pickup game during my freshman year of college. Dude strolls in just like you described, all decked out in Jordan gear, and this dude onmy team picks him up because, well, he's black and he's dressed in Jordan gear.

Dude's first shot goes over the backboard, shootin' from the waist like a Shawn Marion free-throw.

Originally Posted by The Lowa

People that talk about how nice they are and when they get on the court they are trash

Dealing with arrogant cats is by far the most annoying thing, not just on the court, but in life. Being in college, I've never in my life seen so manyso-called D1 prospects that never made it at one school.
indifferent.gif

My longest thread ever!
laugh.gif
Man, I hate those sweaty %$% dudes when youtouch their forearm your whole hand slips off. I also hate those point forwards man all I can ever see is all five people behind the three point line and methat's only 5'9" having to post. Since I'm Asian they call me "Yao" or "Yi"

Dudes that spend more time arguing about the score and fouls than actually playing.. turning a 15 minute run into a 35 minute one.. shut up and play.

people that say "if i was your height you wouldnt be able to do that" or "your way bigger than me" . im like we aint in kindergartenanymore stop cryin

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I hate when...

• When I'm off, I'm off.
    tired.gif
    When I'm on, I'm on.
    devil.gif
    I can't find a happy medium to save my life sometimes. When I'm off, I'm missing everything from jumpers to lay-ups. When I'm on, I'm hitting everything and banking in 3's. It makes no sense. Actually, I think it's a mental thing. Still...
    mad.gif
    mad.gif
    mad.gif
  • they literally sit on the three point line like their participating in some civil rights sit-in.
  • Dudes walk onto the court with Jordan shoes, Jordan shorts, Jordan headbands, Jordan armbands, Ballerbands...and can't play for $%%@.
    roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the civil rights sit in.

I def. know what you're talking about when it comes to the "no medium"...I'll be straight shhh'ing with the jumpshots and littlefloaters, on D...everything else...yet there are days when i couldn't hit a layup to save my life...
smh.gif

I hate shirt grabbing, scrappy white players, and guys that always want to shoot for a call.

Oh yeah, I also dont like elbows to the eye. LOL

i hate when people, foul consitantly, and i hate playing against people that slower, people like that use fouls as advantage.... DAT IRKS me

Man my junior year of high school basketball was Yao's rookie season, you can imagine the ***+ I would hear warming up for games on away nights.

but by far the most aggravating thing in pick up basketball is:

1. The guys who come to play "for fun" and have no basketball skill or knowledge aside from dribble and shoot. You know the type. They're NEVERwearing basketball shoes. Whether it be some asics running shoes, or they're in sweatpants because they just came from the weight room down the hall andwanna cardio exercise. They always guarding you with their arms sticking out like basically preventing you from moving. Grabbing, pulling, setting illegalscreens, and then it's a double standard because it's pick up, so who wants to call a foul on something like that.

lazy cherry pickers.
ppl who keep shooting from the same spot and keep missing
squeaky kicks

Squeaky kicks? Serious? That is one of the best sounds ever for me.I hate whne people on my team get fouled constantly and don't ever call it, and thenmiss the shot, and then say, " My bad, I should have called that". Oh, wait, that is me. In my defense, I play at two different gyms- one whereoffense calls fouls, one where defense calls fouls. I can never get in mindset to call when I get fouled unless I get hit in the head, and sometimes peopletake advantage, but they know when I do call one, it must have been real. Oh, yeah, I am one of those "scrappy little white guys", although I playedJUCO and DI and still have a little game left (very little).

- People who "foul" you when you're about to score and claim they gave you ball first. Like you get an open court steal and they just reach outand tap you and be like, "your ball," then you argue and they say, "C'mon, I gave it to you before you shot! Everybody stopped play! Icould've blocked you." It also happens on regular buckets with me because I never call fouls, even obvious ones, and some people will superhackbecause they know I don't like to call them, but then when I got an offensive board or advantage, they'll lesser foul me and be like, "yourball," knowing damn well I don't want it.

- People who call "and 1" then when the shot misses say they called ball. Where we play that *#+% doesn't fly. If you call ball, you get ballregardless of if the ensuing shot goes in and "And 1" is just *#+% talking and doesn't mean anything so if you miss, play on. I've playedwith people from other places and they're different on that though.

- People who want to play half court 3 on 3 because they suck 1 on 1 and can't get a rebound in 21. I like big game 21s, when it's like 7 people.

- The combative #%$ father who doesn't want to move so we can run full. We ask and they nod and pretend like they're going to move then we come downand him and Katie are right in the middle of the paint and says he's not moving, then he gets a little bold and ends up getting punked in front of hisdaughter and gets the manager, who then still makes him move because there's the "big court" in which full court always takes precedence. Everyonce in a while, they'll make us run half though so Gampa and Katie can waste time throwing the ball at the basket not even getting it high enough. We evenhad a dude one time who wouldn't move when there was 3 other goals open, just all had somebody on the opposite end so we couldn't go play full therebut he was with his girl so he just wanted to be all tough.

- Not knowing where we're hooping at. We got a general group of the same guys who play together all the time, usually at Rhinehart which is the main gym,but sometimes for no reason they'll go to one of the other gyms and I show up and I'm seeing subpar #%$ competition and debating whether to stay or notor go to the other gyms looking for everybody.

- When you have 9 people and there's 2 dudes just sitting on the bench in their hoop gear conversing and playing on their cell phones, won't hoop.

DatZNasty:
- When you have 9 people and there's 2 dudes just sitting on the bench in their hoop gear conversing and playing on their cell phones, won't hoop.
Son of a... oh, man... I have so little patience for this. I can't tell you how many times this has happened and the 2 (or 3, or 4) guys arefriends of mine... ALL GEARED UP AND READY TO PLAY, like you said... and they just don't want to, because... they just don't want to.
indifferent.gif
I'm always like "I thought you came to a basketball gym to playball. My fault." *yes instigating*
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom