WHAT IS THIS YEAR'S BLACK FRIDAY RELEASE

Katrinas would definitely be more desired than TB3s based on the simple fact that they haven't been retroed and still have the allure of being a grail for a lot of people. But, if they are a GR priced at $220 again, it won't be by much.
Agreed that price is gonna steer a lot of people. They'll definitely sit too since a lot of people copped on sale the TB3 after being patient

You may be right, but folks said limited QS. Additionally, I can't see the Katrina's being desired more than the true blue 3 unless they have buttery materials
"Limited QS" has been said so many times. I remember people said that for the Maroon 6s... If Katrinas are indeed the Black Friday drop, they can not be limited. This and the Jordan XI releases are their biggest releases. 

Why not? The Katrinas have never been released as a GR, infact, I remember NTers going crazy in 2014 when the Infrared23 3's style-code was leaked and people getting hyped up because the style code was that of the Katrina 3s. . . People here were left shooked. Regardless, there might be people more interested in a color way that hasn't dropped. I couldn't see the Aqua 8s being more desired than the Infrared 6s but that was the BF release after.

I think True Blue 3s are a very liked color way, but asking consumers to shell $220 plus tax ON BLACK FRIDAY... people probably saw it would be smarter to wait until the price dips down. 

If you haven't noticed, JB is sort of clueless about what the real demand for old/new color ways are. The Bronze Medal 5s from last year is a clear piece of evidence. 

Katrinas would definitely be more desired than TB3s based on the simple fact that they haven't been retroed and still have the allure of being a grail for a lot of people. But, if they are a GR priced at $220 again, it won't be by much.

The average post 2011 Concord release sneakerhead probably doesn't know that the Katrinas exist tho

"Limited QS" has been said so many times. I remember people said that for the Maroon 6s... If Katrinas are indeed the Black Friday drop, they can not be limited. This and the Jordan XI releases are their biggest releases. 

Why not? The Katrinas have never been released as a GR, infact, I remember NTers going crazy in 2014 when the Infrared23 3's style-code was leaked and people getting hyped up because the style code was that of the Katrina 3s. . . People here were left shooked. Regardless, there might be people more interested in a color way that hasn't dropped. I couldn't see the Aqua 8s being more desired than the Infrared 6s but that was the BF release after.

I think True Blue 3s are a very liked color way, but asking consumers to shell $220 plus tax ON BLACK FRIDAY... people probably saw it would be smarter to wait until the price dips down. 

If you haven't noticed, JB is sort of clueless about what the real demand for old/new color ways are. The Bronze Medal 5s from last year is a clear piece of evidence. 
Don't they have departments for this? Trend analysis? Insiders on sneaker blogs?

I do agree that the TB3s are beloved by many, they still aren't hyped and loved to the extent of the BC3s. Having my 2011 TB3s in great condition, I passed on last years release, but I didn't think they were going to fly anyways. I think the Katrina's are going to be a different story. The history of them, and the fact that they're essentially a WC3 with the black wrap around heel piece replaced w/ red, will make these sought after for sure. The WC3 color blocking I feel would fly every time. If they made a WC3 but replaced the black piece w/ damn there any color they'd fly. That shoe just stands out for so many.

But I do hope the BC3s are dropping. It'd be irritating/funny if all the speculating of a 2nd 3 dropping lead to just the Katrina's dropping.

I mean, if they would've actually released that Lakers/Kobe pair, instead of just gifting them to celebs and such, those would flown! Any esentially WC3 with a story/significance, even if the significance/story is minuscule, and they won't sit very long.

Don't they have departments for this? Trend analysis? Insiders on sneaker blogs?
I don't know much about managerial economics or Trend Analysis from a shoe industry standpoint. I don't know how broad or narrow their analysis are. For all we know they probably look at total sales for each Retro model (aka comparing all sales of Jordan 3s to all sales of Jordan XI, etc). Could be more narrower for all we know and I hope I am wrong.

Its quite obvious that shoe brands look at Sneakernews, KoF, Sole Collector, etc, the thing is, I find that none of those sites provide substance to what the actual demand/interests are for a specific model or color way. And even then those sites are meant for the "sneakerhead" market and don't represent the complete interests/demands of the whole market. 

No release on Blk Friday would cause any chaos IMO at this point for JB. We just got one of the most hyped shoes in recent years, the Royal 1s, and the release wasn't all that crazy. Space Jams, NA White cement 4, Bred 1s, NA Metallic 5, etc. all have been relatively chill releases for the most part.

there's no urgency for the info. Info will come out sooner than later. I'm just patient.

Word around the campfire is there will be a wheat VI releasing for Black Friday.
*Sorry if posted already!

Last edited:
What was the release like for the Aqua 8s?  I'm still salty I'm missed that.  College loan payments 
frown.gif

Yeah @JordanHead718212 also saw a confirmation for the Gatorade VI, a blue/white AJ XI that was leaked a while back, bordeaux XII, red XI, blk/university blue VI and a few others I've forgotten.

Last edited:
Welp, thanks for confirming that. Money saved for me. This is the first time since 08 that i'm not copping either the Black Friday or Holiday 11 release.

Katrinas do nothing for me. I sincerely hope its NA BC3s without the questionable quailty of the NA TB3s

No release on Blk Friday would cause any chaos IMO at this point for JB. We just got one of the most hyped shoes in recent years, the Royal 1s, and the release wasn't all that crazy. Space Jams, NA White cement 4, Bred 1s, NA Metallic 5, etc. all have been relatively chill releases for the most part.

there's no urgency for the info. Info will come out sooner than later. I'm just patient.

You might be right, but I think the Concords might be the antithesis.

blacksheep08 blacksheep08 thanks for the heads up. That would be by far the worst black Friday release ever. The rest of the shoes you listed (besides the gatorade pair) sound very appealing however.

Jb need 2 quit playing and drop some more og nike air heat.

Please no military 4s on black Friday anything but those

Last edited:
Many diff signs pcint to the BC 3 or the Infra 6 based on various rumors from these pretentious sneaker info leakers.  This whole convo wouldnt be needed if they didnt constantly play games with info. #BringDinoBack

NT OG's how did yall find out about releases in the early 2000s?

What was the release like for the Aqua 8s?  I'm still salty I'm missed that.  College loan payments 
frown.gif
Those sat for the longest.  You can still find those on some sites if I'm not mistaken.  As a matter of fact, Flight club is selling adult sizes for $200.00.  Basically Retail.

Many diff signs pcint to the BC 3 or the Infra 6 based on various rumors from these pretentious sneaker info leakers.  This whole convo wouldnt be needed if they didnt constantly play games with info. #BringDinoBack

NT OG's how did yall find out about releases in the early 2000s?
Where are the signs for these (highlighted in red)? 

Where are the signs for these (highlighted in red)? 
Djfolk mentioned that his second favorite jordan will drop, Andre the infrared is in his top 5. Sneakerfiles got some info a while back about some black and university red(the same bright red that will come on these grey and camo 5s everyone hates now) 6s. He said he's not sure if it's the infrared although it could be.

Djfolk mentioned that his second favorite jordan will drop, Andre the infrared is in his top 5. Sneakerfiles got some info a while back about some black and university red(the same bright red that will come on these grey and camo 5s everyone hates now) 6s. He said he's not sure if it's the infrared although it could be.
We got Infrared 6s as a black friday release 3 years ago though I doubt they will release these at the same day again.
The one I really need in my life is the BC3, but maybe they´ll taketheir sweet time with them.

Back
Top Bottom