What is/was the biggest rivalry in the NFL?

Some of these suggestions are just comedy...

As for the OP...the 49ers vs. Cowboys WAS the biggest rivalry for a few years, but it definitely has not been a relevant rivalry for the past decade at least.Sorry but your team the 49ers has not mattered since Steve Young.

Currently it would have to be the Colts vs. Pats. Two top teams each year standing between each other and the Super Bowl. Although as has been stated, NFC Eastand NFC North rivalries have a ton of history, and will always be intense.

Pats vs Colts RIGHT NOW seems to be the most hyped/most intense. I am also a bit biased there though so I could be wrong. NFC East has real good ones as well,which are obviously a lot more consistent. I find myself looking forward to NFC East match ups a lot. As for the ones in the NFC North..ahh not so much. Thatcould also be again due to some bias tho since I live in Boston, they always show the NFC East teams on regional broadcasts here.

Vikings/Packers/Bears, any combination of those and you could have a fight on your hands in the stands.

get_image

49ers-Cowboys. Always was great to watch in the 90's
NFC East. Take you pick here.
More recently Broncos-Raiders. I know they haven't been to entertaining as of late but I've always enjoyed watching these two go at it.
I agree with Gunna on the Jags-Steelers are gonna be a huge rivalry. They have started and are playing again this year in the reg. season

what is still up with the division alignment tho....philly, ny, wash, and DALLAS (i know its history) but they look way off regionally

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

******** vs Cowboys has the most longevity.

It's not even close. Packers-Bears started in 1921, Cowboys-******** started in 1960.

Packers-Bears is EASILY the longest rivalry in the league.

No one is answering my question lol... WHAT IS OR WHAT WAS THE BIGGEST RIVALRY IN THE NFL? Not what is the biggest rivalry now, not the longest,

Back
Top Bottom